La Prairie Cellular Refining Lotion

La Prairie Cellular Refining Lotion
LP Cellular Refining Lotion

4.2

Water, Propylene Glycol, Oleth-20, Butylene Glycol, PEG-7 Glyceryl, Cocoate, Algae Extract, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Glycerin, Urea, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Benzophenone-4, Alanine, Creatine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Geraniol, Coumarin, Limonene, Eugenol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Violet 2, Blue 1

on 1/30/2017 12:39:00 PM

I really wanted to love this toner. Everything is just so wonderful about it! I love the packaging (although I can see the problems it might arouse when traveling), the mild and very pleasant fragrance, the amazing actives (peptides) it contains. (I like a lot less the very strong colour though. It would be much prettier with a hint of blue in my opinion, and a lot less likely to cause allergic reactions too.)

Unfortunately, I have also experienced the same reaction to this product as several previous reviewers did. The burning skin sensation, the acne and skin that ended up looking like raw meat at the end. It took me a month to finally realize that the light contact dermatitis (that eventually turned into an extremely nasty eczema) was caused by this product. There are some allergens in this product that can cause allergic reactions (contact dermatitis) or the combination of these ingredients. The colorant Violet 2 and the amino acids are well-known allergens.

I urge you to try this product on a small part of your skin for several days before using it on larger areas to see whether you develop allergic skin reactions to it.

on 10/12/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Loved how this product made my skin dewy after using, so I bought it. I used it for 1 day on all of my face and after around 4-5 hours my skin felt lightly itchy, which I was told my the saleslady is often the first sign of breakout. I used it again overnight, but applied it to only one side of my face at bed time, I was a little cautious given my skin had tingled earlier. That next day, I applied it again to all of my face, however, from around morning time and then onwards throughout the day I developed 4-6 very large and deep spots, and the majority were on the side that had received most of the product. I washed the product off as I was getting more tingling after around 3 hours. It seems that I had an allergic reaction to this, my skin protested loudly. The brand was kind enough to offer me a refund.

on 2/24/2014 9:48:00 PM

A saleswoman at the La Prairie counter talked me into this. I hadn't even approached this counter initially but was dumped there by a Siseley attendant when they didn't have what I had enquired about.

I didn't want to buy it but she was very pushy, so I left dissatisfied and $110 lighter in the pocket.

The product caused my skin to break out (after initially burning so much I had to wash it off) and when I tried to return it the saleswoman tried to get me to exchange it for a product that was $80 MORE!

Wouldn't go near this brand again - pushy sales people who don't listen. And I have since read that they test on animals. No deal.

on 10/25/2013 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've long searched for a toner that would properly prepare my skin for other treatments without leaving that sting of alcohol or astringents. I received a deluxe-size sample with the La Prairie Anniversary Set, and fell in love. I ordered it the day after I tried it. The scent is heavenly and it's incredibly soothing. I use this twice a day on my face and neck, and I couldn't be happier. I have combination skin, and this is enough to balance my skin without that awful sting of more astringent toners. My search for the perfect toner has ended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm changing my review. This was the only toner that didn't irritate my acne prone sensitive skin but now I've switched to Amazonia Neroli Tonic Treatment Probiotic Vitamin Toner and I like it even better, and it's less expensive!

For the record, the La Prairie does moisturize and make the skin soft and minimize pores, but it kinda leaves a stiff feeling on your face, like a very thin film (maybe aloe) which I don't like. The Amazonia toner has all the same benefits, plus minimizing hyperpigmentation and minus the filmy feeling!

on 11/27/2012 1:59:00 AM

This is the best toner that i have ever tried.. My face feels clean, refined, glowing and refreshed.. Amazing...

on 9/4/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This toner is pricey but well worth it! After using my Clarisonic, I use the toner with a cotton wool bud and wipe it over my face gently. It picks up the remaining dirt and doesn't leave a sticky residue on my skin. When I stopped using the toner for 2 weeks, I noticed the black heads on my nose reappearing and my pores became clogged. Although it is pricey the bottle has lasted me 12+ months.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my HG toner! Its THE BEST toner in the market!!! Its alcohol free and it really made a difference in my skin condition. You can see the dirt being lifted away yet being gentle on your skin. My skin is refreshed, feels clean, and smooth with no filmy residue. Total repurchase. LP please do NOT discontinue this!!!

I use a moisturizer containing SPF, in the Summer time, but this often leads to blackheads. I started to use this toner to try and close my minimise my pores better. Since I have been using this, my skin has been looking a lot clearer, but my pores are still rather large so I probably need to try a toner that is more of a 'retexturizing' toner. I like the fact this is alcohol free, as my previous much loved toner, by 'Nina Ricci' , wasn't. I'm happy to keep using this till I find my HG.

It's the best on the market. The glass bottle though...it's messy to clean-up. Does what a toner is supposed to do!