REVLON Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

4.1

As far as drugstore brands go, Revlon's lipsticks are worth purchasing. The formula is decent, and a majority of the lipsticks are decently pigmented and they apply well. There's minimal feathering or bleeding, and there's no discernable scent which is a bonus for me. It did leave a bit of stain on my lips afterwards, but that could have been due to the fact that my lips were a little dry in the first place, but I didn't seem to mind.

That being said, I've been tempted to pick up this shade. It's that deep cool, reddish pink that lends itself well to the retro-style looks that I've been wearing as of late. And given the history of the shade, I had to have it my collection.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful cherry-pink red. I will post a picture of me in it (dark hair, purple coat). The formula is really smooth and feels creamy. It doesn't feather but it does transfer a LOT of you don't blot this down.

In color analysis circles this is considered a Bright Winter classic - clear and very saturated.

If you've heard this is red...it isn't. It can even lean fuchsia on some people. This is sometimes compared to WnW Cherry Picking but I find that one more red and this is more berry.

Definitely hoping to buy more Super Lustrous. This is my first and it feels really nice going on. No nasty scents or flavors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cherries In the Snow is just the *perfect* balance of pink and red for my pale, warm-to-neutral skintone. It looks more red in artificial light, more pink in sunlight, and gorgeous across the board. I was paranoid that it would pull fuchsia on me, but nope; just a divine cerise. It's a jeweltone shade; not bright, but vivid, saturated, and luscious. It has a creme formula that's a little dry, but wearing Cherries In the Snow over a light coating of balm keeps it from parching my lips. It leaves a long lasting stain, even after some greasy finger food, which is always a plus in my book. I *need* the matching nail polish.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cherries in the Snow is a Wonderful Red Lipstick...Blue Red color with a little Pink...I put it on with my chap stick as my lips are dry...Will look good when I wear navy blue,red,cranberry clothes...Very happy to have this Pretty Red lipstick....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't like the color but that's because I usually wear red. I bought because it's a classic. I've got nw15 complexion. I wore it with a purple dress. I'm thinking it would probably look better with black and white like another reviewer had mentioned. The formula and the tube and the price are great.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A classic! I'd forgotten about this for years and years and saw it on my sister. It looked so pretty that I had to run out and buy a tube. The formulation is so creamy - I've been using matte lipstick for so long I forgot what a creamy lipstick felt like. Of course that means it requires a bit more reapplication but it's well worth it. The color is glorious and it feels lovely on. It makes me want to drive a giant convertible wearing it, an aqua sheath dress, and some white gloves.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know why I waited so long to get this lipstick as I've had my eye on it for awhile. I don't use this full strength, but rather as a sort of stain. It is very pigmented and it's a beautiful red pink color. I don't think it would be flattering on darker skin but it looks great on fair skin.

The formula of this lipstick is good. There's no discernible smell or taste that could make you feel sick (looking at you maybelline) and the lasting time is good for the super lustrous line. It has a satin finish and it does transfer, but it doesn't claim to be matte so that isn't really an issue. The brightness of the colour can leave a bit of a stain, and it isn't particularly drying or hydrating. I also don't have an issue with it bleeding or feathering.

Colour-wise I hate it though. My foundation shade is urban decay naked skin 1.0 or nars mont blanc (which apparently is about mac nc15?) Although I'm pale, I have neutral-to-yellow undertones and this colour just looks garish on me and washes me out. I thought it would be more of a reddish colour when I bought it but it's more of a very deep, cool toned magenta. I wore it on a vacation a few years ago and my family told me to stop wearing it because it looked so clownish on me and made me stick out weirdly lol. I don't really have this issue with more warmer colours though, they just harmonise better on me I guess. I'm guessing this colour would play better for people with much cooler undertones.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had this lipstick few years ago and didn't like it much.
But now after experimenting with a couple of colors,i realized from older photos that this color would brighten up my face and few colors need to be applied with a light hand.Bought this again to give it a try with a lighter hand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this based on all the history behind this shade. Why not? I was skeptical that it would work, but the moment after I put it one, I loved it. I just felt so darn pretty in it. It's bold and it definitely work has more of a bright pink rather than a red. I wore it with a black and white top and this was the only pop of color, so it stood out, in a good way, I think. It worn well, though I had to do some touch ups after eating, but I expect that with a moisturizing/satin lipstick, so it didn't annoy me at all. I wore it to pick up my kids at school and I saw a couple of little girls just staring at my face in awe over the lipstick. Not sure if that is really a selling point for some, but it was amusing, nonetheless.