L'Oreal Paris On-the-Loose - Orb

L'Oreal Paris On-the-Loose - Orb

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

SOOO sad that this one was discontinued long ago! Luckily I have about 5 backups of this color. I absolutely love it! In person, I think it looks kind of ugly in the container. Mine looks like a grayish dirt to be honest, with a bit of shimmer. Applied on, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I never thought I'd like it until I tried it. On me, whether I'm pale or tan, it goes on as a cool shimmery taupe. It's like a silver mixed with a cool brown. If I foil it, it goes on more metallic and silvery. When I'm tanner, it tans to look more silvery too. It's a very pretty color! I'm always looking for the perfect color for an everyday look that can be dressed up as well, and this fits the bill. I have been trying to find a replacement but haven't found that perfect match. I bought MAC Sweet Sienna pigment, which is similar, but much darker. Orb stays on my eyes really well and each pot lasts a long time. I haven't used mine up and I've had it for years. I was lucky and found them at the dollar store when they got discontinued, so I bought all of them in this color. Love it!!!

on 1/8/2009 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just found this in my makeup bag was about to throw away when my sister asked me to tested out on her first. Good thing i did because it's such a pretty color. It's a bit to shimmery for daytime but it would be perfect for a night out.

on 9/21/2008 7:04:00 PM

I have handful of these powders. They are like the drugstore version of MAC Pigments. This is a shimmery silver pinky-tan color. It's a beautiful highlight color. And it's really great if you want to do a High Glamour look using this all over the lid with black liquid eyeliner winged out at the end. SEXY! Too bad it's discontinued! I gave it 4 lippies because the staying power isn't that great and another lippie because the quality could have better.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this product a couple of months ago along with many of the other On-the-loose products in a lot that I won for a great deal off of ebay. I have several other brownish and bronze shades and this shade is by far the best. It's not at all dark or too light, it's a soft taupe color that is super shimmery and looks amazing when applied wet. It applies very smoothly and creases only a little bit as the day wears on. I wish these weren't discontinued but I would buy this shade again if I could. Fortunately, I still have a good amount left as these jars last forever!

on 4/15/2007 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, I would buy this product if not d/c =(. This is a really pretty shimmery brown color. The packaging isn't the best-it can be messy to put on until you get used to it. I actually use a wet eyeshadow brush to apply, so it isn't as messy and gives the color a little more boldness. I miss this e/s!

on 10/7/2006 10:26:00 PM

Got this in a swap, and am a little disappointed. I suppose in the pot one could call this taupe, but on my cool/neutral PPP complexion, it looks more tan than taupe. Also, it's much less shimmery than other OTLs, and I like a bit of shimmer to my shadow! However, it's very subtle and work-appropriate, and I don't have anything quite like it in my collection, so I'll probably keep it. The repurchasing question is moot, since these are d/c, but for the record, no, I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/25/2006 11:01:00 PM

I will never understand why L'Oreal discontinued these. Anyway, this color is pretty. Its a slate grey taupe with shimmer. Nothing too special, but a great staple. Very nice texture. I just got it, but am certain I will reach for it a lot. I took off one lippie because it can become a silvery tone if used wet and it is not that unique.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with the other reveiwers about this lovely, lovely loose e/s. This is a silvery taupe with a touch of tan in it. A great nuetral when paired with other colors. Great quality with superior blendability and pigmentation! I would buy these again if they weren't DC!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yup. I agree with the reviewers below--this is a very wearable OTL shadow. It's sort of a taupey color that doesn't have as much shimmer as many of the other OTL's. I got this in a swap a few months ago, and I find myself reaching for it a lot.

on 2/10/2005 12:52:00 PM

I got three of these on clearance recently (Raisin' Cane and Beauty Queen were the other two). I may have to go out and get another one of these (along with another BQ). When I first put it on, it looked sorta blah, silvery-dark and boring on my eyelid. But I wanted to give it another chance before banishing it to the give-away pile and put some on this morning. Applied Orb on top of Milani Taupe-e-ary (and put more of this in the crease), with black pencil and dark brown e/s lining the eye. It turned out rather nice--a smokey look that's neither too dark nor too dramatic for daytime. It's still more silver than taupe on me (PPP-MMM neutral), however, but putting on only a thin layer of this with Milani's Taupe-e-ary over it fixes that. Texture is soft and the staying power is pretty good for a loose e/s, though performance would probably be improved with an eyeshadow base. Cheap as anything (68 cents) since L'Oreal has discontinued the OTL shadows. Definitely a good buy since the little pot is full to the brim (be careful when opening it) and you need very little with each application.