The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub

The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Octyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), Sucrose (Depilatory Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Extract) (Natural Additive), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thaïs product really good and I love the smell of it. Easy to wash. By the way it has moisterizer in it so it doesn't dry out your skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really liked this product. Used it in conjunction with their Shea Body Butter. This is a sugar scrub drenched in oils which exfoliates amazingly. I generally prefer sugar over salt scrubs just because I think they're more gentle on the skin. Because of all the oils inside, I find there's no need for a body lotion after this because the skin gets very nourished. It has this typical sweetish shea scent to it which can be a bit cloying to some people. But to me it's just very comfortable, cushiony, like you're wrapped in a cotton candy.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm obsessed with scrubs, and consider myself something of an exfoliation aficionado, so my best friend got me the jumbo version of this because I hadn't tried it. It's very nice and makes your skin feel great after the shower. Because I normally shower at night.m, I'll exfoliate at night + moisturize, and then go to bed. I find that with this scrub, it doesn't feel soft in the morning. I think that the oil/butter that they use in this is too light to have any long-lasting moisturizing benefits. It's nice if you want to use it before a date or something, but not for long-lasting softness. I would suggest mixing brown sugar and coconut oil, covering your body in it and scrubbing away, ten shaving it off of your legs. It'll take off all the dead skin and make it super, super smooth :) hope you found this helpful <3

I just finished this body scrub so I thought I should write a review... It is a sugar- based scrub, not so thick and It's not harsh at all. It does the job, the scent is beautiful and I was positively surprised to find my skin perfectly moisturized after using it, so there was no need to use a body lotion! Keep in mind that I have oily skin, so I cannot say if it can be moisturizing enough on dry skin. A great scrub that i will repurchase at some point!

on 6/16/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had tried the Satsuma polish before and was left unsatisfied with its lack of exfoliating power. I asked one the sales associates for a better product, and she recommended a few of the scrubs, including this one. I am very impressed with this product. It exfoliates nearly perfectly, yet, my skin isn't left feeling dry or tight. It leaves my skin with moisture and incredible smoothness, even on stubbly legs. Have already bought again and stocked some away!
If you want a good price on this, just wait a bit. TBS often has sales, in which this product is included.

I found this to be just okay - nothing amazing, but definitely not as bad as some of the drugstore brands I've tried in the past. It's good that the sugar and salt melts away as you use it so you're not left with lots of annoying (and potentially dangerous) granules in the bottom of the shower, but I didn't find it overly moisturising and unlike other scrubs I've used, I still felt the need to apply body lotion after use.

Finally the scent of this wasn't what I was expecting. I'm not really sure what Shea is supposed to smell like but this smelt very much like coconut to me which isn't my favourite scent. You also don't get a huge amount for your money - 200ml for 13.00 - meaning this works out to be a pretty expensive scrub for the amount of uses you get out of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

amazing !! super moisturizing to the skin and gently takes off all dead skin when used with their scrubbing gloves...the smell is heavenly and lasts for hours after you wash it off ur body

on 7/25/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I find it great as a scrub for sensitive skin (like my current situation) as the granules of salt and sugar does melt away after a while. I use a loofah so that helps to prolong the scrubbing.

Also I love that it is so moisturising that I don't need to use lotion or moisturiser afterwards. I just leave like that and feel thoroughly moisturised the whole day or whole night.

Very oily though. Leaves the bathroom all oily. But great for my dry skin.

Terrible packaging, just like other reviewers said.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

- Smells great!
- it really make the skin smoth for a long period
- it's gently to use

But,
- Everything in the bathtub gets very oily after, not so easy to wash out. It's very oily.
. The package isn't the best. Difficult to take the right amount of the product from the package.
- I'm not sure if the skin get's really benifits, or if only feels smother because it's oily after.

Fore sure there's better products than this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I got it when the store was having a big sale!

Pros:
- Makes your skin seriously soft, my legs haven't been so smooth/soft in a long time.
- The soft warm nutty fragrance smells delicious.
- The exfoliant is gentle, compared to other scrubs.

Cons:
- As others have said, the packaging sucks. The granules from the sugar and salt in the scrub make it difficult to close the lid entirely.

I will continue to buy this product as I feel it is great for keeping my body exfoliated.