MMU Cosmetics Purity Perfume Oil [Discontinued]

No Image

3.5

on 8/5/2008 9:15:00 PM

I absolutely adore perfume oils, I don't have to worry about ruining my clothing and I can easily control how much I apply. I love the 10 ml size they come it, and the hundreds of scents to choose from.

Barf barf and double barf there are better perfume oils out there and cheaper, too.

I bought Touch, Jacob's Garden, Graceful, Breathe, and Spade sample sizes. None of them excite me, however, I did not throw them and hope one day I might like them. Unfortunately, I tried them second time yesterday and the smell even made me headache. I feel disapointed with the scents and found it overated, especially on Emakeup Review.(don't know why???)
Also don't like the waiting time which was about three~four weeks. I definately won't buy again.

on 1/14/2005 3:16:00 PM

I bought the Gingerbread Latte scent which I do not like but the staying power of this oil is GREAT! I just need to find a scent I like.

these are great...MOST that i've tried smell really good...i get a lot of compliments on "pussycat" and also on a chocolate scented one...a warning, though: when they say that the cinnamon scents are not for sensitive skin, they're not kidding...i actually didn't even realize mine was very sensitive until i mixed some of this with my lotion and seriously burned half of my body...i turned lobster red and swelled up and was burning like FIRE...it was totally painful...BUT--i read the warning before i ordered it, so i guess that's what i get...i'll be ordering these again (just not the cinnamon ones--yikes!)

on 8/14/2004 12:50:00 PM

I love that you can buy vials of these to test out the scents. They're only $2 so no great loss if you don't like the scent. Also, it takes me a long time to finish a perfume so these sizes suit me :) It is hit and miss, and obviously subjective, in relation to the scents, but I have found the lasting power of all the ones I have ordered (in total around a dozen) has been pretty good (1 or 2 touch-ups a day, and none for some). As it is pure oil, there is no cheap alcoholly scent which you get from so many commercial perfumes these days. I will continue to purchase these as I love trying Nancy's scents.

Out of the ten! ($120) I bought, I am only keeping one: pink sugar. I got Brown sugar, Angel Food cake, dacadence, blackberry vanilla musk, island kisses, angelic, cherry 7-upper and fresh sugar cane. They were way too strong so if you have a choice on how strong...go light. I would also recommend samples first because this was a total waste of my money being that they do not accept returns!

I bought this in the Cleanse fragrance and it is just like Clean only better. And what staying power, on me anyway.

on 6/28/2004 4:26:00 PM

Overall, I'm please with MMU products, although the samples are overpriced. I just rec'd a 1/3 oz roll-on of Pink Clouds, a Pink Sugar dupe, and am finding it not only a really good dupe but that it lasts all day, which is FAR MORE than I can say about the real stuff! I also rec'd a roll on of Vanilla Peach, which I like although it has a rather tangy top note. I'll probably use some TBS oil to tone it down a bit. My best find, though, has been Serendipity--smells a lot like Pink Sugar but warmer, more caramelly, and a bit more sophisticated than PS--a very foody, yummy scent. (I can honestly imagine guys going wild for it.) I mix it with TBS Vanilla Oil or PS at times. Am getting ready to go to the MMU site and order buttloads of this stuff...it's my new fave scent. While it's a bit hit or miss with MMU, when you do hit it, you hit it good. :-)

on 4/22/2004 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well, I am mixed on this. I have found that their lotions do not last very well on me, and I was assuming that the parfum would do the same. Well, it didn't! I have samples of Hot Roxie and Sea Glass and they really seem to last. I put some on this morning and I still smell it. The lotion smell is long gone, before lunch even. I think that the roll ons are a bit pricy, though compared to other etailers. I probably would repurchase the sea glass one, in a full size though b/c I love that scent! Other wise, I would only get the samples.