4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I know I alternate shampoos a lot but I have loved this since I was a little kid & bought it because my really long, fine, straight hair is so tangle prone. I used to think really hydrating shampoos did the trick but once this bottle said that no knots can resist it's formula I just had to try it. The formula itself is a thin, sticky consistency that comes out orange. It really does clean without drying my scalp, condition without weighing my hair down & it detangles so good. It also contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate instead of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate so it won't lather much. When I use this I have a really good hair day and I notice a big difference when I use other shampoos i.e bad hair day. This does smell like candy but it doesn't bother me much. It's targeted towards kids anyways so it's to be expected. EDIT 3/3/15: it sure is extra gentle cuz when I curled my hair & had hairspray & even spray on wax to hold my hair in place scrubbing with this shampoo once won't get it all out. You either need to lather this twice super hard or just use a clarifying shampoo once like Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream. Might not be good for mama's that like to slick back their daughter's hair with gel or what not.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I'm not sure if this product is still available, but it is top notch! I used this shampoo through highschool for my long, curly, color treated hair. About twice a week, I would shampoo my hair with this and follow with a cheapie conditioner. On days that I didn't shampoo, I would just dip my head in the tub and wet my hair, apply a bit of conditioner and rinse. My hair was so long and healthy! The smell of this can't be beat...like watermelon bubblegum!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

Love Love Love. I have a really hard time finding a ds shampoo that works for my hair and scalp. I have dry hair with a modest natural wave/curl in it. It tends to frizz at the ends. My scalp can get the flakes with anything remotely harsh. My skin on my neck is also very reactive, it gets red or bumpy when provoked. Needless to say I have tried dozens and dozens of shampoo/conditioner combos over the years trying to find one that is gentle, will soften my hair, makes my hair shiny, oh ya and is Cheap. Well, thanks to the reviews at MUA I have found this little gem. It works wonderfully, makes my hair soft and shiny without driving my skin crazy. Wonderful! I don’t even have to condition my hair every time with this stuff. Oh, but I do have to use a clarifying shampoo every other week or so to make sure my waves aren’t weighed down too much. If I may suggest a J&J baby shampoo for that. That one doesn’t make my skin a war zone either. :)

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

13 years ago

So far, this has been great. My hair is recovering from lots of bleach, colour and straightening. Usually when I shampoo, my hair feels really stripped and tangly in the shower. However, when I rinsed this out, it was nice and smooth and conditioned. Also, it really is no tears...some ran down my face my it didn't irritate my eyes at all. It doesn't produce too much lather, but if you research how to wash your hair, you're not supposed to have a huge mass of lather anyway, that's a shampoo commercial marketing ploy. A small dime or quarter sized amount will do it, concentrating on the scalp and letting the suds run down. I still had to condition, but like I said my hair is damaged right now. I used Suave as I am trying to avoid silicon in my products. My hair dried soft and less frizzy. I would recommend this product, the Cherry one works well too. I tried it last year with good results.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

15 years ago

I have been purchasing all the L'Oreal kids shampoos b/c they smell great and work great. Watermelon is one of my favorites and cleans the best without drying hair out. Great small container to bring on vacations!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

15 years ago

I am overall very impressed with this shampoo. I wasn't expecting much with the 2 in 1 part, but this really was impressive. I have very thick, curly, dry hair and I didn't even condition after using this because it was a very conditioning shampoo. I didn't care for the smell, but as soon as I rinsed the shampoo out I didn't notice the smell lingered at all. This is a bit pricier than most d/s kids shampoo($2.50 for 9 oz.) because it is in such a small bottle, but you really don't need to use conditioner afterwards, so you can save money there! My only big complaint with this was that it didn't lather much. The shampoo is a very thin, watery consistency and didn't really lather at all. My hair did feel very clean though, regardless of the non-exsistent suds. I really enjoyed this product and can't wait to try some others from L'oreal Kids!!!!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

16 years ago

This is a nice one... not as good as the cherry almond extra conditioning, but lots better than the blueberry smoothie kind. It isn't my favorite scent, but my boyfriend loves it, and it makes my hair feel really lovely. It worked well on my hair and left it manageable enough for me to blow-dry and straighten without having to add another product. *edit* If you have sensitive skin, do NOT use L'Oreal Kids shampoo as a body wash. I read reviews on it and tried it one day, and my skin was broken out in hives for a week. :(

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

16 years ago

I bought this on sale along with Cherry Almond shampoo (which I haven't tried yet). After I tried this, and my hair felt great. I finished off by using my Aussie 3 minute miracle, which is my standard conditioner. My hair was almost entirely knot free, and it was SOFT, almost like silk. The watermelon-bubblegum scent doesn't really linger in your hair for long, which is a plus of sorts (unless you want to smell like Bubbleicious). My only problem is that the bottles are so small! They are almost $4 for a small 9 oz. bottle.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

17 years ago

My younger brothers use this. They both have thick hair, but one of them has coarse, straight hair while the other one's hair is wavy and has that horrible little "tail" at back of his neck where his hair won't lay straight. This works wonders for both of them and since they are boys and don't want to bother with conditioner, it keeps their hair moisturized plenty. I *adore* the smell -- its like watermelon BubbleYum which is great for in the shower, but after your hair is dry, it smells clean and softly fruity, so it doesn't linger ... best of both worlds. I love to steal this from them when I need a yummy pick-me-up though it is most definitely not high enough quality for daily use on adult hair.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

17 years ago

I have long color treated wavy/curly hair and this stuff is great! The smell is OK, like watermelon gum - but it's the results that I love. I don't even have to use a conditioner with it - where with most 2-1 I do. Although, the L'Oreal Kids Grape Conditioner has to be one of the best ever!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

HairBrunette