RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Coral in Gold

RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Coral in Gold

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It is one of my favourite lipsticks out of the many that I own and I wear it so, so much! It's really shimmery and gorgeous and it's a colour that I like to wear mostly in the summer and autumn and I may even force it in the spring just because I love it so much, though I stay away from it in the winter.
It lasts quite well for me - four to five hours most days without needing a touch-up - and doesn't feel drying on the lips either. I still use a lip balm before wearing this lipstick but it's very rare for me anyway that I'd come across a lipstick that completely doesn't need a lip balm.
Also, the price is really great for its quality. I got it for $9.95 at Priceline, full price, which I think is pretty good. I'm just upset that I won't be able to wear this for the next couple of months seeing as it's descending into the winter (I live in Australia, just in case anyone thought I was loopy and getting the seasons mixed up), but I think I'll be alright.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick, it brings out my green eyes and looks great on my lips! It's an orange color that has gold shimmer in it. It smells amazing and it doesn't dry out your lips. It used to look better on me back when i had my natural dark brown hair, but i still like it now anyway.

on 1/21/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lip stick, the color is amazing, it's such a beautiful shimmering coral color. It really suits me and has wonderful durability, it also has a faint sweet smell to it, it doesn's smell weird like some other lip sticks do.

Love this lip stick and absolutely love the color !

on 6/1/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick.

Seriously guys this is like SO SCARY in the tube, bright orangey looking. But in reality its the most beautiful daring orangy coral with stunning gold glittery flecks. I wear this under bourjois eau de gloss in the clear shade and it lookings amazinggg! Its about as daring a colour I can get away with - with my pale skin and all.

Its the best colour for the new season coral trend, I hope to take pictures to include with this review later so you can all see what a fab lippie it really is!

on 8/22/2006 10:51:00 PM

Ok, in the store this lipstick looked almost flourescent orange BUT for some reason I thought what the heck, I'll try it. Very scary in the tube but wow - it's so pretty on! A bright orange that can also be worn sheer. It really does brighten up my olive skin. For someone who is afraid to wear reds, this is a good alternative. I don't mind the sweet scent of these lipsticks, which I know some people have complained about. Anyway if you like orange/coral/peach toned lipsticks, don't pass this color by because looks are deceiving!

Love this colour! It looks pretty scary in the tube, but fanastic on the lips, a sheer, pretty pinky coral. I have very dark hair and pale sallow skin, it really helps to perk up my skin and make me look more alive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this lipstick today because I've just started wearing fun lipsticks outside of school, and wanted a change from bright red. As soon as I got home I took off what was left of the other colour and opened up this one. The colour in the pack was BRIGHT. Bright may actually be an undersatement, it looks really bright orange/coral. Once it was applied though it was a lot less pigmented and a really nice colour. The only downfall of this lipstick is that it smells pretty bad! I think the smell might not be as noticeable once it's been blotted and reapplied but it's still pretty off putting! The lipstick feels more like a light lip balm and doesn't stain my lips after it wears off which is a plus because I won't wake up with freaky lips like with some other lipsticks!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a very beautiful colour, which is nice considering my not very pale olive skin. I usually only wear red lip colours, but was drawn to this colour when I was looking for an alternative. At first I thought it was nice, but perhaps a little plain, despite the shimmer.
Then today I redyed my hair - bright orangey red. Well. It looks absolutely amazing! It goes so beautifully... so I imagine, because of my own experience, that if you're looking for a colour that will really pop, it goes quite well with rich hair colours. It makes a gorgeous neutral colour too, though it is quite intimidating in the tube!

on 4/16/2012 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This lipstick has been an awesome find for me. It looks bright orange in the tube, but on the lips it's a beautiful coral that looks really great on my NW10 skin. I especially like to add MAC's Prrr lipglass on top, it looks really nice. The smell is awful, it's incredibly sweet, but I don't mind because I adore the color.

Edit 03/11/2013: I have given this product to a friend, as I just didn't wear it often enough and I wanted to downsize my collection a bit. I still think it's a nice color, just not one that I wear regularly.

on 1/3/2011 8:19:00 AM

I got this for free from Rimmel :) when i first looked at it, I thought "no wonder why it's free, the colour is horrible" I thought it's too bright orange but the truth is, when I put on my lips, I really really really like it! it goes on quite sheer and it's definitely subtle enough to use everyday even at work. You wouldn't think that until you try it on I would say. The only downside is that it has no staying power, but then it's so cheap so I can put up with that. Would definitely repurchase after I finish this.