RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Coral in Gold

RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Coral in Gold

Price: $

Price: $

Love this colour! It looks pretty scary in the tube, but fanastic on the lips, a sheer, pretty pinky coral. I have very dark hair and pale sallow skin, it really helps to perk up my skin and make me look more alive.

on 8/22/2006 10:51:00 PM

Ok, in the store this lipstick looked almost flourescent orange BUT for some reason I thought what the heck, I'll try it. Very scary in the tube but wow - it's so pretty on! A bright orange that can also be worn sheer. It really does brighten up my olive skin. For someone who is afraid to wear reds, this is a good alternative. I don't mind the sweet scent of these lipsticks, which I know some people have complained about. Anyway if you like orange/coral/peach toned lipsticks, don't pass this color by because looks are deceiving!

on 11/21/2006 8:25:00 PM

Having had good results in the past from similar colours, I actually bought this lipstick because of its bright orange appearance. Coral in Gold is a very pretty, coral/peachy pink with a light shimmer that brightens the complexion and adds definition and oomph to lips! I can imagine this looking good on most skin colours. Doesn't look scary at all and doesn't dry out my lips. :) I don't like Rimmel lipsticks very much but this one is a must-have. $2.99 isn't much to lose so give it a try!

on 6/1/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick.

Seriously guys this is like SO SCARY in the tube, bright orangey looking. But in reality its the most beautiful daring orangy coral with stunning gold glittery flecks. I wear this under bourjois eau de gloss in the clear shade and it lookings amazinggg! Its about as daring a colour I can get away with - with my pale skin and all.

Its the best colour for the new season coral trend, I hope to take pictures to include with this review later so you can all see what a fab lippie it really is!

I agree with all the other reviews: CORAL IN GOLD is a very unique and outstanding lipstick-colour. Bright, sexy and extraordinary!!!! Makes beautiful, kissable lips!!!

on 8/28/2009 4:49:00 AM

I got this free. Hmm. It's... good, I guess. The colour, while severe in the tube, is quite nice on, just as the name suggests, a goldy-coral. I don't love the somewhat flat finish, i prefer it with a gloss over, and it seems a touch drying. It definitely accentuates fine lines on lips. But with gloss over, lovely, fresh colour. The smell is STRONG, vanilla-ey, like a cookie. Unnecessary, but not off-putting. All in all, a good one, but the flatness of the finish and the rickety, cheap-seeming tube would prevent me from buying it. I have a long-discontinued true coral from Lauder that does the trick of supplying a sheer wash of coral much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Looks fluro orange in the tube but is very nice when applied! I noticed that this vibrant colour may not suit all people (e.g. my sister who claimed she looked like a clown) so be sure to try the tester on before you buy it! The lasting finish formula is excellent (in winter, i usually apply lip balm on underneath to ensure a smooth surface) and it lasts all day! For a more subtle look, blend with a clear lip gloss or lip balm :)

on 8/16/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was my first coral lipstick and i still use it!! Colour is lovely on tan/olive skin and you can build up for a sexy strong colour! A real holiday/beach/night out lipstick. Fab

This looked very bright orange in the tube and on the test tissue I wiped it on.

On my lips though it faded to a much nicer colour more pink than orange and definitely suitable for a subtle and everyday look.

Felt quite nice on my lips, but if I was wearing it out, I'd add a little gloss or something over the top.

Would recommend.

on 1/3/2011 8:19:00 AM

I got this for free from Rimmel :) when i first looked at it, I thought "no wonder why it's free, the colour is horrible" I thought it's too bright orange but the truth is, when I put on my lips, I really really really like it! it goes on quite sheer and it's definitely subtle enough to use everyday even at work. You wouldn't think that until you try it on I would say. The only downside is that it has no staying power, but then it's so cheap so I can put up with that. Would definitely repurchase after I finish this.