Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio (for men)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio (for men)

4.1

on 3/18/2017 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I do see where this is associated with boys and men who bathe in their scent, as it's very very easy to overdo it. But used in moderation, it's very nice. Mostly a standard mens aquatic, there is a salt air note that is true. I wish it was stronger and lasted longer than the aquatic notes, because i adore that salt air note. One of my customers came in on a gray day and smelled exactly like the ocean during a storm, all ozone and salt air, fresh water, a hint of seaweed...this is what he was wearing. I tried it on me (I'm female) and the detergent/aquatic notes swamped that lovely salt air. I just bought a one dollar dupe at the dollar store and am wearing it anyway. in the more diluted cheap dupe, the salt air is a bit stronger and the aquatic bergamot/vetiver is much less overpowering. I would call this pleasant and unoffensive, used in moderation.

on 11/15/2013 4:41:00 PM

I can understand the popularity of this cologne. It's been described by all those adjectives men look for in a scent: fresh, clean, aquatic, sporty, sexy. The problem is that EVERY SINGLE MAN I've ever detected this on (probably hundreds over the years), always overdoes it and the result is screechy, sharp, metallic, eye-watering, teenage locker room kind of scent. It doesn't smell fresh or sexy to me. If I sit by someone wearing this in a restaurant, movie theater, or any other confined space - I immediately get up to change seats. I just can't tolerate it, even in small doses. I think it's especially popular in corporate environment - it's deemed as a safe, popular choice for men. Being stuck in a conference room with this scent assaulting my space is the worst! I hope another cult classic male scent will edge out this one soon.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I bought this for my husband many years ago while in Quebec City and he still has the same bottle. Translation: this cologne lasts forever. As far as the scent itself, this cologne just SMELLS like a delicious man - what with its citrus notes, rosemary spiciness, jasmine, and hint of wood and ocean breezes. Oh, and yet another cool thing about the Acqua Di Gio? I recently checked out Acqua di Gioia - and you know what, I love that, too!

Boy if you were this you'll definitely turn heads your way. It smells sooo good and sexy! My husband love this so much. One spray is all you need. A little goes a long way. It is long wearing. You throw your man's shirt with this perfume sprayed on it your hamper will smell like the perfume.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I used to be in love with this scent. However I found men everywhere felt like taking bathes in this fragrance. Too many times have to smelled another man reeking of this scent. Other then that, this scent works well for me. Need to find something more unique.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I dated a guy for quite some time, and this was his 'signature scent.' Maybe it's just the fond memories that I associate with this scent (although maybe not, since there are also some not so fond memories haha), but this is 100% my favorite cologne to smell on a man...it just smells 'clean,' while at the same time smelling incredibly sexy and sensual. Any time I catch a whiff of this, it just makes me happy :-)

on 4/17/2009 3:43:00 AM

My guy wears this as well. And it makes me want him. lol. I can't help it. This was the first cologne he wore for me when we dated bout 7 years ago. Still gives me those butterflies even til this day. and I do always notice majority of men wearing this.. it is a great cologne..

on 11/23/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous scent. That being said, on the body it has a long lasting power (including clothing) but it has a LOUSY shelf life. I bought SO 100ml bottle for March 08 bday - by Nov 08 the bottle smelt like rubbing alcohol. Too expensive for 9 months use :-(. Would rebuy in a smaller bottle.

I love this smell. Would purchase again as gifts to people.

on 12/11/2006 5:52:00 AM

I try to hate this scent because an evil ex of mine wore it but I just can't! It smells great. My problem with it is that it is SO common. When I smell it on a guy I like it but I can't help thinking, "that's all he could come up with?" Also I have come to like colognes on men that are less sweet than this. Basically I think it's good but there are a lot of other good colognes, guys: don't just buy this because everyone else does!

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance