Liz Claiborne Curve for Men

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Liz Claiborne Curve for Men

4.3

on 4/14/2013 7:12:00 PM

I think my boyfriend may have got me with this cologne. lol. I was so shocked when he told me what he wore was this! I always figured this cologne would smell cheap but, I never actually smelled it before. This is sweeter than most men's colognes which makes it intriguing. It is very fresh, with cedar notes, and it's almost kind of fruity - but very masculine. It's actually kind of hard to describe. This is a great find !! When he leaves his clothes at my house I love walking by them and getting a wiff of it. This is my favorite men's cologne currently. (Not that I'm partial ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Liz Claiborne's Curve Cologne for Men is a cologne that was given to me by my girlfriend and owner of this blog when we first met. It was launched in 1996 and is described as "light enough to be used everyday but is just as suitable for evening wear." I find myself agreeing with this statement. This current bottle was given to me as a gift by my girlfriend Mary. It was $21 for the small size and $54 for the larger size. Liz Claiborne tests on animals so be aware of this before purchase.
The packaging for the product is very simple. It has the word "Curve" spelled out across the front of the bottle in a flowy script, while in smaller text above it says "for men" and below it, also in smaller text, "Claiborne". I find myself having to hold the bottle up close to my eyes to read the smaller text. The bottle itself is dark-green shade but mostly translucent. The main body of the bottle is a uniform cylindrical shape.

The scent of Curve is interesting to me. I smell it when it goes on but I lose the scent soon after. However Mary says she can smell it on me for up to 24 hours later so maybe I get desensitised to the smell. This is what is listed for the smells in the cologne:

Top Notes:
Green Leaf, Fresh Lavender, Douglas Fir, Sparkling Juniper Berry
Middle Notes:
Bergamot, China Ginseng, Cardamom, Living Cactus
Base Notes:
Sandalwood, Black Pepper, Amber, Vetiver, Mahogany

I myself don't have a very sensitive nose and I can't distinguish many scents. I can pick up the Green Leaf and Lavender smells, and maybe the Black Pepper, but not much else. I wouldn't even know what many of these smell like, but hey I'm a guy, I'm not really supposed to.
Since starting me on Curve I have grown to like it. I first used it when I visited Mary in the US the first time, and kept using it when over there as my only cologne. Since getting my own bottle here though I find myself using it more than my other cologne of choice, not only because Mary loves the smell but because I also do too. Depending on how quick I go through the small bottle I might repurchase the larger bottle which still has over 50% left in the US so I know it will last me quite a while. I would recommend this to any guy who happens to read this, or the many girls as a good gift towards your man of choice.

-guest written by my boyfriend =D

on 3/6/2011 2:04:00 AM

The sexiest scent ever...

Curve for Men is a pleasant scent that's not overwhelming and can be worn anytime. It's clean and masculine.
This scent utilizes the relaxing smell of lavender combined with energizing lime with a lingering basenote of pleasant cedar. Overall this combination is quite intriguing, managing to be energizing yet pleasantly relaxing at the same time.
Personally, I don't really sense the bergamot but I do sense the faint scent of clove in Curve for Men.
Overall, this is one of my favorite mens scents. And it's available at a great price, usually less than $25 for 1 oz. I highly recommend this scent.

on 11/15/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gotta say that this one fragrance that I always have on hand. Goes very well with any situation, and any time of the year. Women Love it! It is not overpowering and not too sweet or woodzie. Just right. I always have a bottle of this at all times... You should too!

I wish I could wear this without feeling like a man. I try to put it on then spritz myself with a sweet girly scent. Curve for men is the most amazing scent, period. I just love it.

on 7/25/2006 10:43:00 AM

I was in the market for a men's cologne to give to my FIL for Father's Day. I stopped by the local TJ Maxx to see if there was anything that might appeal to him, as he enjoys several Avon colognes and aftershaves. There were only a few men's fragrances, most notably Grey Flannel and LC's Curve for Men. I snuck the Curve out of the cute yellow tin, and squirted a tiny bit in the air. Yum! Smelled really nice, actually quite sexy. I wish my DH would wear fragrance, when I smell something this nice for men. Anyway, I purchased it and my FIL is enjoying it. PS, when I spritzed it a tiny bit got on my index finger and I swear it lasted through the whole day - smelling stronger than my own perfume! That translates to great staying power and sillage. I would definitely buy it again for any man that needed a new scent.

on 7/24/2006 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's too bad the guy I dated who wore this was a complete creep.

But the fact that he wore Curve was probably why I stuck around dating him for so long ;) this is the only cologne that actually turns me on. Smells deep, clean, and VERY sexy. A tad musky, but still in a very clean, crisp way. It almost has kind of an athletic mood to it, yet also woodsy and the most EXTREMELY MASCULINE thing I've ever smelled. Makes me melt INSTANTANEOUSLY. And like many other reviewers on this board, I can smell it from a MILE AWAY, even when a total stranger walks by for half a second. I can immediately recognize this scent.
It's too bad it makes me think of my psycho ex. But a fantastic scent.

I bought this for a guy friend who'd sniffed it in a magazine and liked it. Bleugh. I didn't care for it. It wasn't the absolutely most disgusting thing I've smelled, but it certainly isn't something I'd want my boyfriend to wear. It wasn't even very masculine. To me, it smelled ordinary and unisex. Not at all alluring, sophisticated, or manly. And I didn't like the way the bottle looked, either. It made me think of a Barbie accessory.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas, it's not as breathtaking as I'd expected, but it's nice. He likes it so I'm satisfied. I think it's stronger than either of us expected because he put on the same amount he would any other cologne and it made us both sick within about 10 minutes. Once he got the feel for how much to use it's much better, I like it better than the women's version.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Antaeus For Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance