Liz Claiborne Curve for Men

Filtered by age: 19-24
Liz Claiborne Curve for Men

4.7

on 4/14/2013 7:12:00 PM

I think my boyfriend may have got me with this cologne. lol. I was so shocked when he told me what he wore was this! I always figured this cologne would smell cheap but, I never actually smelled it before. This is sweeter than most men's colognes which makes it intriguing. It is very fresh, with cedar notes, and it's almost kind of fruity - but very masculine. It's actually kind of hard to describe. This is a great find !! When he leaves his clothes at my house I love walking by them and getting a wiff of it. This is my favorite men's cologne currently. (Not that I'm partial ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Liz Claiborne's Curve Cologne for Men is a cologne that was given to me by my girlfriend and owner of this blog when we first met. It was launched in 1996 and is described as "light enough to be used everyday but is just as suitable for evening wear." I find myself agreeing with this statement. This current bottle was given to me as a gift by my girlfriend Mary. It was $21 for the small size and $54 for the larger size. Liz Claiborne tests on animals so be aware of this before purchase.
The packaging for the product is very simple. It has the word "Curve" spelled out across the front of the bottle in a flowy script, while in smaller text above it says "for men" and below it, also in smaller text, "Claiborne". I find myself having to hold the bottle up close to my eyes to read the smaller text. The bottle itself is dark-green shade but mostly translucent. The main body of the bottle is a uniform cylindrical shape.

The scent of Curve is interesting to me. I smell it when it goes on but I lose the scent soon after. However Mary says she can smell it on me for up to 24 hours later so maybe I get desensitised to the smell. This is what is listed for the smells in the cologne:

Top Notes:
Green Leaf, Fresh Lavender, Douglas Fir, Sparkling Juniper Berry
Middle Notes:
Bergamot, China Ginseng, Cardamom, Living Cactus
Base Notes:
Sandalwood, Black Pepper, Amber, Vetiver, Mahogany

I myself don't have a very sensitive nose and I can't distinguish many scents. I can pick up the Green Leaf and Lavender smells, and maybe the Black Pepper, but not much else. I wouldn't even know what many of these smell like, but hey I'm a guy, I'm not really supposed to.
Since starting me on Curve I have grown to like it. I first used it when I visited Mary in the US the first time, and kept using it when over there as my only cologne. Since getting my own bottle here though I find myself using it more than my other cologne of choice, not only because Mary loves the smell but because I also do too. Depending on how quick I go through the small bottle I might repurchase the larger bottle which still has over 50% left in the US so I know it will last me quite a while. I would recommend this to any guy who happens to read this, or the many girls as a good gift towards your man of choice.

-guest written by my boyfriend =D

on 3/6/2011 2:04:00 AM

The sexiest scent ever...

I wish I could wear this without feeling like a man. I try to put it on then spritz myself with a sweet girly scent. Curve for men is the most amazing scent, period. I just love it.

on 6/27/2007 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really really wanted to take some lippies off this product. An ex boyfriend that ripped my heart out used to wear this, and oh how good it smells. I cannot allow my husband to wear this because it completely takes me back to that time in my life. But boy, is it a good smell. If you are looking for a scent for your significant other to wear which you will enjoy as well, go out and buy this for him, you both won't regret. But please make sure you don't live within 100 miles of me, because I might just have to pounce on him. ;)

Curve for men is by far the sexiest smelling cologne at a reasonable price...out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this scent, although it's probably in part due to the person I bought it for in the first place. :) It's a great scent that's not too musky, as some colognes tend to be. I can recognize this scent practically from across the room.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is such an incredible fragrance, it's like an aphrodisiac (sp) for me, seriously super sexy, and what's so hot about it is how clean it smells. This is for the man who likes to smell fresh out of the shower all day long, and for the woman who wants a man who smells fresh out of the shower grrr lol 5 lippies!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE this smell. A man I see on and off wears this and I like it so much that I bought myself a bottle and wear it. He really likes it when I wear the female version but man, I'd bathe in the men's if I could.

I bought this for a guy friend who'd sniffed it in a magazine and liked it. Bleugh. I didn't care for it. It wasn't the absolutely most disgusting thing I've smelled, but it certainly isn't something I'd want my boyfriend to wear. It wasn't even very masculine. To me, it smelled ordinary and unisex. Not at all alluring, sophisticated, or manly. And I didn't like the way the bottle looked, either. It made me think of a Barbie accessory.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Touch for Men

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Top Rated Fragrance