OPI Top Coat

OPI Top Coat
Top Coat

2.6

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love OPI, but this is not a good topcoat. It has a nice formula and applies easily but my main complaint is that it takes absolutely ages to dry on me - and I'm talking hours and hours. I have used it with many brands of polish including OPI's own range, Essie, Rimmel, SinfulColors and Essence and no matter which polish or which base coat I pair it with - this top coat is incapable of drying within a reasonable time. For me, this is an incredible waste of money, I was lucky to get it free when buying another OPI polish. Spending $20AUD on this would have been devastating. I love OPI polishes, I love OPI Natural Base Coat and I love OPI Rapid Dry Top Coat but this particular OPI product was, for me, an utter fail. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I'm glad that I only have a mini of this. It's been assigned to toenail use only. It does dry shiny- not as great as Seche or HK Girl, but decent. However, the shine doesn't last as long as other top coats I have. I can often get away with an entire week of shine if I don't change it before then. OPI only lasts for a couple days before it looks dull.

It also transfers color no matter how long your polish dried first. Transferring can and does happen, to be far. But usually that can be avoided by waiting a few minutes before applying your top coat. I just applied this over nail polish that I painted on my toes but didn't get around to top coating about two weeks ago. Color transferred from every single one. I shouldn't have to wipe my brush clean every time I paint a single nail. Absolutely ridiculous. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I love OPI polishes but this is no bueno. Such a shame.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love OPI top coat for its long lasting durability. My nails are thin and bendy or very flexible. This top coat works well for my nails since the topcoat bends with the nail and doesn't crack. Many quick dry top coats I have tried don't bend with the nail and I end up with cracks and splits / chips in the nail polish within a day or two of my manicure regardless of the basecoat used or prepping the nail.

When using the OPI top coat I typically allow 10 minutes or so for my last coat of polish to dry and then apply the OPI top coat. I also use drying drops with this top coat. I allow an hour for my manicure to fully cure before doing anything with my hands. I do not use this top coat when in a hurry. I use NYC clear / top coat or Essie gel setter top coat for those purposes. I am not a fan of Seche Vite or top coats like Revlon quick dry - although they give a beautiful finish initially -- my manicures crack within a day or two when using top coats that dry very quickly.

This OPI top coat is also excellent for nail maintenance during the week to maintain your manicure or keep it fresh. In this instance I apply the top coat then use drying drops and wait until it dries - no it doesn't dry quickly even when layering over other polish. This top coat dries shiny, without bubbles when applied correctly, and it is very long lasting (no chips / cracks) which is most important for me. If you are looking for quick dry - this top coat is probably not it.

When my manicurist uses this top coat over a full fresh manicure she brings a fan to my table and the top coat dries within 15 minutes. I leave with no dents or scratches in my polish. Patience in dry time is key with this polish but it's worth it to me for a week of wear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is hitting the trash bin! I love OPI so when I hit a sale on board the cruise ship, I bought this to try it out.

My standard is the flat red bottle of clear Sally Hansen Anti Chip Insta Dry Topcoat. That stuff is a miracle in a bottle. You slide it on, and your mani dries up and hardens to a glossy shine, it smooths out any little imperfections and you are good to go.

This stuff takes FOREVER to dry, and the polish seems to stay soft underneath forever! Yuck. The shine it gave wasn't anything to write home about either. Not in comparison with the Sally Hansen stuff which is HALF the price. Nor does it do the little smooth out the lumps and bumps and clean up any streaking that the SH product always does.

I even tried it out with the OPI Drip Dry drops that came in an OPI kit I bought on board and nope, the surface was dry but the 2 layers of laquer were still soft underneath.

And I got a chip in my Dulce De Leche polish the very next day. That doesn't happen when I top DDL with the SH.

Trash Bin!

on 12/17/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off with saying I love opi nail polish it's one of my favorite brands. This top coat is TERRIBLE!!! It's very thick and goopy and every time I use it, it takes forever to dry! I'm talking hours. And every time I shower it like moves the nail polish and ruins my nails:( love the base coat and nail polishes but would not recommend this top coat ever. Try revlon quick dry top coat that ones incredible:)

big disappointment! I love opi polishes and i thought that this would be at least equal. Let me say that i used the whole bottle (yes i am very patient and also paying 13€ is a lot to throw it away) and the only positive thing i could say about it is that it 's usable until the last drop. Now the cons: 1) bubbles! U have to be very careful applying it. Only thin coats and maybe it 'll be ok, maybe. 2)application. When i mastered the bubble thing i could n 't understand what i was doing wrong and every time after bed i had sheet marks .No matter if i have done my nails in the morning or late in the afternoon.(no i did n 't apply it immediately, i waited first 15 min. then about 1 hour 2 hours and so on). This happened i think because in order to apply, the nail polish has to be completely dry or it will never dry at all. I found a way painting my nails one day and applying top coat the next. That worked half the time meaning a. you have to spend a lot of time doing your nails(no thank you) and b. nothing happened during the topcoat application meaning you had to start all over again.3) shine. It only lasted a day or two. I am ok applying my top coat regularly but considering 1 and 2 emmm i would say no with this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was really impressed with the dry time on OPI nail polish and decided to purchase this top coat as I thought it would surely be made to the same high standards.
I was wrong! I have no idea how OPI managed to screw up this top coat so badly.
The application was ok, it wasn't thick but it has the tendency to drag polish.

I cannot comment on the shine of this polish as it takes FOREVER to dry. Somehow it's actually better than their RapiDry top coat because it does not thicken whilst you're trying to use it and random phantom bubbles do not appear from nowhere.

I know not all top coats dry quickly but this one is just ridiculous. I have used this top coat before at 10am and by night time I can still make dents in my nails. My polish actually dries faster without it and this top coat is only good if you plan on not doing a single thing for the rest of the day.

If you manage to get it to dry without denting, you'll soon find anything that touches it will leave scratches and these are very visible on dark nail polish.

I resigned this top coat to pedicures in an attempt to rid myself of it without wasting money but in the end, with half a bottle left I just threw it out. I would take the shrinkage of Seche Vite and shrinkage and cracking of Poshe any day over this mess

on 7/27/2015 11:25:00 AM

I used to use this for manicures but the dry time was too long. So now I use it for pedicures to use up the bottle. I have to wait a few minutes before I apply this top coat or it will pick up the color of whatever nail polish I used. I will not buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolute worst topcoat ever. The color of the nail polish bleeds onto the brush every time I use it, even after waiting 20 minutes for my nails to dry, and it turns the whole bottle the color of the nail polish you use so it's virtually ruined after just one use. It also leaves my nails looking dull and not shiny like other topcoats. I don't understand how such a great company like OPI can screw up a topcoat so bad but they've managed to.

Don't waste your money, stick to Seche Vite or other far superior topcoats.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried so hard to love this because the bottle is big and could last you forever. Well it will last me forever because I don't use it! It takes forever to dry. If you apply after 11am, you will end up with bed sheet marks on your nails the following night. It's that bad! I don't understand how a reputable company like OPI still has this terrible product on offer.