La Mer the concentrate

La Mer the concentrate
the concentratethe concentratethe concentrate

Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product is the holy grail, and I don't understand why it is receiving so much hate! Aside from the fact that this product is quite costly, there is nothing to hate about this bad boy. I use this product as a base, followed by creme de la mer, and the outcome is amazing!

My Usage / Instruction
1. I spray my face with thermal water by Avene, and wait a couple of minutes before I wipe the excess with tissue paper
2. I apply the concentrate on my skin and massage it in 'thoroughly'
3. I apply creme de lamer and massage that in thoroughly also
4. I either apply the rest of my products like acne gel, eye cream, etc, or I follow my normal makeup tutorial

1. Packaging: 4/5
I have no problem with the packaging, but I would rather have this packed inside a bottle with pumping head because it'd be cleaner that way, and the amount of product would be perfectly adjusted each time.

2. Consistency: 5/5
I think that the consistency is one of the best parts of this product. People'd generally expect the texture to be greasy and oily on the face but not at all! This product doesn't give you the dramatic sheen nor the totally oily look, but it gives you this beautiful touch, and the glow-y effect which I absolutely love. Sometimes I would even wear this all by itself and just paint in my eyebrows and lips and I am good to go out. This product does not leave residue on your hand or finger, and as I say, it's not too oily nor too loose, its just perfection!

3. Scent: 5/5
If you are like me, and you love a little bit of lavender scent then this is the product. Unlike every other moisturisers, this product doesn't have that overpowering synthetic smell. This has a light refreshing lavender scent which I totally love.

4. Duration: 5/5
As i mentioned before, I sometimes wear this product out on by itself, and i've put a few test to it, wearing it all by itself. My skin felt moisturised and hydrated for a very long time.

5. Outcome: 100/5
There is this one time that I used this clay face mask and I had an extreme allergic reaction. I got hives, red rashes, and my skin was covered with pimples and breakouts. I was so desperate to find something to cure and nothing seems to cure it until I found this product. I use this in the morning and in the evening, and within 1 week, my face goes back to its original form. My skin was smooth and soft and clear once and for all! And if you don't even have breakouts that bad, then I would say that this will give you the perfect glow-y skin overnight.

Does it work well as makeup base? YES
It works really well as makeup base, as I say, it doesn't grease your skin, and my makeup sticks on to this hot thing the whole day!

Pros:
+ Great scent
+ Isn't greasy
+ Gentle
+ Effective
+ SIMPLY PERFECT!

Cons:
+ Costly, but if its effective

I recommend this product to:
- Every skin type (no matter if you are very sensitive)
- Young people who would like to start hydrating and moisturising skin

I hope you guys enjoy this review! If you have any questions, I believe you can inbox or contact :) I would gladly reply as detailed as possible

Have a nice day kiddos xoxo

on 9/1/2016 12:30:00 AM

This is actually the first La Mer product I purchased 4 years ago. A product that I can say without being exaggerating that has completely changed my skin care routine. I have a sensitive skin, so sensitive that my skin will inflamed if being exposed to the sun for so long despite I apply on SPF. Or when I try out new products and they are not suitable, there will be break outs and my skin turn into red. The Concentrate is the one product that I will reach out to (in conjunction with La Mer perfecting treatment that I will review on another review). The high concentrate of miracle broth really soothes my skin and calm the redness down.

Aside from having sensitive skin, I have combination skin that is on the oily side. This product is also great for oily skin. It doesnt grease and absorbed quickly into the skin. And now I apply this every morning as a serum (on my 3rd bottle) along with my other La Mer skin care products. I have seen lots of improvement on my skin. The great way to apply this product is to massage it in circular motion into the skin (which then the product will be absorbed quickly). And to make it perfect, you can apply the perfecting treatment after that (in between the Concentrate and your creme de la mer or moisturizer of your own choice).

The only flaw about this product is the packaging. I hate how the spatula is built in and you have to touch the spatula against your skin. It makes it very unhygienic. I expect more especially a product of this price.

Really recommend this product!

on 5/24/2016 3:00:00 AM

Most expensive product in my skincare routine but absolutely the best splurge I've ever made. Super calming on irritated, dry skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

Also doubles as an amazing primer under makeup.

Me: 25 y.o., on retin-a & obagi clear, super sensitive, occasionally flaky combo skin. easily clogged pores.

on 8/4/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only skincare product that has healed years of modeling, wounded skin, rosacea and dryness. I wish it was cheaper. But I have to say, it is the only La Mer product I trust. I don't even need a moisturizer, which is a surprise for my dry sensitive skin.

To me, this isn't a serum. It doesn't promise to plump, hydrate or even make wrinkles disappear.

What it does, though, is address your skin issues: Have extremely red / irritated skin? Skin with dry patches? Having acne scars that just won't go away?

La Mer The Concentrate will address that, and more. I have suffered from redness my entire life, as my skin's rather thin and being exposed to sunlight everyday (thanks to living in a hot, humid climate) doesn't help it very much.

My skin was at its worst just before I tied the knot in March this year: Angry, blotchy, red, painful to the touch, with zits dotting my chin, cheeks and forehead.

I was at wit's end, until I went for a La Mer facial. The therapist applied this to my skin and even gave me a sample to take home with me. Post-facial, my skin was still red and blotchy, but surprisingly wasn't painful to touch anymore. There wasn't any extraction during the facial, but the pimples were noticeably smaller, less red and angry as before.

The sample I had was enough to last me two uses, and I went back to purchase the largest size just before I ran out because this performed a miracle on my skin.

Two days post-facial, the redness had subsided. My skin was no longer blotchy and angry-looking. Within two weeks, all calm had been restored and this even kept my skin in check right up to the wedding itself.

It is incredibly expensive, but this saved my skin from going full-on crazy and I will never be without this again, for I know this is the only product that has managed to calm my extremely irritated skin.

One caveat the packaging isn't the most hygienic, but I don't mind it as the product itself is just too wonderful. I'm careful not to touch the paddle with my fingers, just scoop and let the product drip into my palm. =D

on 2/21/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For a product so expensive, it lasts a very long time (I'm going on 9 months). That being said, when you get to the remaining 1/4 of the bottle, what's left is drying out, so it's getting a bit denser and harder to reach. At this point I leave it lying it down so everything flows to one side and easier to reach with the spatula. For this reason, I hate the packaging, and with this in mind, I don't think I will ever buy the big bottle, even if it is a 'better value'.

The product is a very silky smooth gel that seems to 'melt' once it is on your face, making it easy to spread, so you don't need very much. I use this as a night serum alternated with my retinol one, and I wake up with very smooth, soft, and plump (moisturized) skin.

I use AmorePacific Time Response as my daily moisturizer, so I don't double-up on La Mer products and can't comment on using this and the moisturizer in combination. However, it doesn't break out my skin, I have no wrinkles, and I like the way it feels, so I'll probably keep buying/using it. However if someone said I couldn't have it anymore, I wouldn't be crushed.

on 5/30/2014 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Yes, it's expensive. No, it's not your typical serum. It's absolutely not for everyone, and isn't meant to be. Based on what I've read from other reviewers who were disappointed, I think they were seeking a "normal" high-end serum. Fortunately, this serum is anything but normal. I've slowly been transitioning to products to help soothe my red and irritated skin, which is at the beginning stages of mild rosacea. Not fun, as I was using a bounty of La Prairie products that now sit in a drawer.

My face (primarily my cheeks) had become red and hot to the touch, and I found myself incredibly uncomfortable. I tried everything I could find in my bounty of beauty products, to no avail. Luckily, I happened to save a couple of samples of this serum which literally transformed my skin overnight. I awoke with cool and do the skin, after months of inflammation and being uncomfortable. I bit the bullet and immediately ordered the large bottle. Definitely not an inexpensive purchase.

I have been using this serum for two weeks now in the morning under moisturizer & SPF (Chantecaille), and my face has never looked better or more calm. Since I had been using intensive anti-aging products, I was worried about losing the effects of those products. One of the many great things about the serum is that it can be layered. Actually, I've mainly been applying it to my cheeks, and applying a retinol serum on my chin and forehead which don't seem to be affected by redness or irritation. I finish with an eye cream and use overnight masks a couple of times a week, and my skin is looking great. Old acne scars are quickly disappearing before my very eyes, which is a welcome bonus. The bottle certainly isn't the best design, but will certainly last me a good six months at the least. IMHO, this greatly diminishes the sticker shock. I think it's worth every penny.

on 3/2/2014 10:32:00 AM

I think with La Mer products you either love or hate,but I'm not impressed at all with any of their products.I find them over priced and over rated .This is no different. I had a generous sample, I didn't even finish it mainly because of the ingredients .It contains several irritating plant extracts one of which is eucalyptus oil .That oil is one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is .How is that skin care? There are far better serums out there at a fraction of the price of this that actually benefit skin.This is so not worth it.Don't waste your money.

on 2/28/2014 10:35:00 AM

This may be insanely expensive but it is worth every penny. I have VERY sensitive skin that is prone to allergies and acne. This is one product that always calms my skin, heals breakouts and gets rid of scarring quick. I don't feel it does immediate miracles in terms of brightening/taking years off etc but I've been using La Mer for 10 years and now at 35 I don't have a single wrinkle. If I ever have a burn I put it on and within 2 days it's healed with no scarring. If it does that to a burn think what it does to your skin on a daily basis!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

The concentrate is excellent for winter skin in dry cold Canada as well as on tropical vacation in the Caribbean, in that it smoothes skin out. I have only used it for a week, but I notice that it does exfoliate the skin, which is good if there is roughness to be smoothed out.
However, I would not use it for the first time right before an important event, since there is the risk of exfoliation in the early phases.
In order to put foundation on properly, it is really important to remove the layers of skin which have been exfoliated first... so give it time.
I stopped using the concentrate over the summer, because it is hot and humid, and I was happy using the lighter tonic (see my review)

OCT 2015 Now it's the fall, cooler and drier but not as Sahara dry as in the winter. I was caught by surprise by the sudden change in the weather, it literally turned on a dime! Now I had a skin emergency- my skin, especially on the nose, began flaking in a really unsightly way because of the dry weather ! Strips and flakes of skin were dangling....call La Mer 911!
This time I put on the concentrate (in a cream/gel formulation) on one side, and compared it to CerAve moisturizer. I was immediately pleased by La Mer's mat texture, light lavender scent and easy spreadability- no tugging or pulling.
Within about 5-7 days the flaking had almost completely disappeared, and I did not (yet) have any breakouts.