La Mer the concentrate

La Mer the concentrate
the concentratethe concentratethe concentrate

Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

I have this on hand for face emergencies. And well let's say my skin went crazy with my switching to Lapraire. On the advise of my derm dr I invested tons of dollars into a more mature skin care and makeup line. This review is for La Mer the concentrate, and if it wasn't for the horrible reaction to the lapraire line, I wouldn't have taken this off my shelf to use to get my face back to normal. After about a month my face looked like I had i chicken pox. I pulled one product away then another, then stopped using the tinted cream, the powder etc. I finally had enough, pulled out my trusty la Mer cleanser, and Tonic and this miracle bottle of concentrate. And after 5 days my face is beginning to heal from the hell I put it through with lapraire. I am back to the basics, right now to get rid of the rest of the purging my face left evidence of. I almost went to the dr, but by day 3 with la Mer I started to see improvement. I know I too sometimes feel like the hype of la Mer is overrated. But I have to tell you this time I saw how much of a miracle the concentrate really is. My face was so horrible, I couldn't apply any primer for my back to basic smashbox halo foundation, so I bought the la mers new perfecting cream. I'm on day 4 of it and without it and the concentrate I wouldn't be able to cover the destruction of the la Prairie experiment I put my face through. And the burned raw skin I had around my lips and sides of my nose are not red and burning any more. I don't want to like la Mer, I don't want to believe the hype, but for me it saved my skin. Thanks la Mer for making this miracle in a bottle.

on 3/2/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The concentrate has been a staple in my skin care for years. I often use it underneath moisturizer in the mornings, usually in lieu of a serum, and it keeps my skin feeling good all day. The formulation is heavy in silicones, so it does take a while to sink in and it has a lot of slip, so I find it's important not to apply too much. The viscous gel formulation allows it to be massaged in without tugging on the skin and without balling up. I find it to be a good canvas for the skincare products to be used afterward.
I deducted one point due to the packaging. I definitely dislike the glass bottle with the plastic spatula in the lid for several reasons: a pump would be far better than the paddle shaped applicator because a pump would introduce less air and potential contamination into the bottle and, most importantly, dispense the appropriate amount each time instead of a rather undefined "blob" of gel. Also, closing the bottle upon returning the lid with the paddle attached to it, has to be done rather carefully, otherwise any product left on the spatula can easily be smeared around the narrow bottle opening which is messy and a waste. Secondly, the plastic paddle itself is considerably too short! When closed all the way it only reaches about half inch above the bottom of the glass jar, which becomes an annoying issue toward the end of each bottle's use. At this price point, packaging is definitely important, to make the use enjoyable, practical and especially in order to avoid wasting any product. The company seems to be well aware of this packaging design flaw because my local La Mer counter has voluntarily, without me mentioning anything, handed me several extra long plastic paddle spatulas along with my last purchases! Obviously, the extra applicators are only a quick and dirty fix, so it really makes me wonder, why the company won't simply resolve these obvious issues by offering the concentrate in a pump bottle?! Other than the packaging I like this product and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really hate the price!! But the product is amazing and nothing compares to it. 2 weeks ago, my skin was destroyed by the flu. It was red irritated, flaking, broken out, and dry, after using this for 2 days everything began disapearring. The annoying flakes, that kept getting worse around my nose and mouth no matter what I applied were gone overnight. Everything just kept getting better and better as the days rolled by, the breakouts healed faster! Its a thick non-sticky gel that smells like lavender, it sinks quickly. After a minute or so, I press in a layer of the original moisturizer. My skin is so much happier and can never go back to regular run of the mill creams.

Yess....its expensive, but I've wasted soo much $$ looking for what these two products do alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product is the holy grail, and I don't understand why it is receiving so much hate! Aside from the fact that this product is quite costly, there is nothing to hate about this bad boy. I use this product as a base, followed by creme de la mer, and the outcome is amazing!

My Usage / Instruction
1. I spray my face with thermal water by Avene, and wait a couple of minutes before I wipe the excess with tissue paper
2. I apply the concentrate on my skin and massage it in 'thoroughly'
3. I apply creme de lamer and massage that in thoroughly also
4. I either apply the rest of my products like acne gel, eye cream, etc, or I follow my normal makeup tutorial

1. Packaging: 4/5
I have no problem with the packaging, but I would rather have this packed inside a bottle with pumping head because it'd be cleaner that way, and the amount of product would be perfectly adjusted each time.

2. Consistency: 5/5
I think that the consistency is one of the best parts of this product. People'd generally expect the texture to be greasy and oily on the face but not at all! This product doesn't give you the dramatic sheen nor the totally oily look, but it gives you this beautiful touch, and the glow-y effect which I absolutely love. Sometimes I would even wear this all by itself and just paint in my eyebrows and lips and I am good to go out. This product does not leave residue on your hand or finger, and as I say, it's not too oily nor too loose, its just perfection!

3. Scent: 5/5
If you are like me, and you love a little bit of lavender scent then this is the product. Unlike every other moisturisers, this product doesn't have that overpowering synthetic smell. This has a light refreshing lavender scent which I totally love.

4. Duration: 5/5
As i mentioned before, I sometimes wear this product out on by itself, and i've put a few test to it, wearing it all by itself. My skin felt moisturised and hydrated for a very long time.

5. Outcome: 100/5
There is this one time that I used this clay face mask and I had an extreme allergic reaction. I got hives, red rashes, and my skin was covered with pimples and breakouts. I was so desperate to find something to cure and nothing seems to cure it until I found this product. I use this in the morning and in the evening, and within 1 week, my face goes back to its original form. My skin was smooth and soft and clear once and for all! And if you don't even have breakouts that bad, then I would say that this will give you the perfect glow-y skin overnight.

Does it work well as makeup base? YES
It works really well as makeup base, as I say, it doesn't grease your skin, and my makeup sticks on to this hot thing the whole day!

Pros:
+ Great scent
+ Isn't greasy
+ Gentle
+ Effective
+ SIMPLY PERFECT!

Cons:
+ Costly, but if its effective

I recommend this product to:
- Every skin type (no matter if you are very sensitive)
- Young people who would like to start hydrating and moisturising skin

I hope you guys enjoy this review! If you have any questions, I believe you can inbox or contact :) I would gladly reply as detailed as possible

Have a nice day kiddos xoxo

on 9/1/2016 12:30:00 AM

This is actually the first La Mer product I purchased 4 years ago. A product that I can say without being exaggerating that has completely changed my skin care routine. I have a sensitive skin, so sensitive that my skin will inflamed if being exposed to the sun for so long despite I apply on SPF. Or when I try out new products and they are not suitable, there will be break outs and my skin turn into red. The Concentrate is the one product that I will reach out to (in conjunction with La Mer perfecting treatment that I will review on another review). The high concentrate of miracle broth really soothes my skin and calm the redness down.

Aside from having sensitive skin, I have combination skin that is on the oily side. This product is also great for oily skin. It doesnt grease and absorbed quickly into the skin. And now I apply this every morning as a serum (on my 3rd bottle) along with my other La Mer skin care products. I have seen lots of improvement on my skin. The great way to apply this product is to massage it in circular motion into the skin (which then the product will be absorbed quickly). And to make it perfect, you can apply the perfecting treatment after that (in between the Concentrate and your creme de la mer or moisturizer of your own choice).

The only flaw about this product is the packaging. I hate how the spatula is built in and you have to touch the spatula against your skin. It makes it very unhygienic. I expect more especially a product of this price.

Really recommend this product!

on 5/24/2016 3:00:00 AM

Most expensive product in my skincare routine but absolutely the best splurge I've ever made. Super calming on irritated, dry skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

Also doubles as an amazing primer under makeup.

Me: 25 y.o., on retin-a & obagi clear, super sensitive, occasionally flaky combo skin. easily clogged pores.

on 8/4/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only skincare product that has healed years of modeling, wounded skin, rosacea and dryness. I wish it was cheaper. But I have to say, it is the only La Mer product I trust. I don't even need a moisturizer, which is a surprise for my dry sensitive skin.

To me, this isn't a serum. It doesn't promise to plump, hydrate or even make wrinkles disappear.

What it does, though, is address your skin issues: Have extremely red / irritated skin? Skin with dry patches? Having acne scars that just won't go away?

La Mer The Concentrate will address that, and more. I have suffered from redness my entire life, as my skin's rather thin and being exposed to sunlight everyday (thanks to living in a hot, humid climate) doesn't help it very much.

My skin was at its worst just before I tied the knot in March this year: Angry, blotchy, red, painful to the touch, with zits dotting my chin, cheeks and forehead.

I was at wit's end, until I went for a La Mer facial. The therapist applied this to my skin and even gave me a sample to take home with me. Post-facial, my skin was still red and blotchy, but surprisingly wasn't painful to touch anymore. There wasn't any extraction during the facial, but the pimples were noticeably smaller, less red and angry as before.

The sample I had was enough to last me two uses, and I went back to purchase the largest size just before I ran out because this performed a miracle on my skin.

Two days post-facial, the redness had subsided. My skin was no longer blotchy and angry-looking. Within two weeks, all calm had been restored and this even kept my skin in check right up to the wedding itself.

It is incredibly expensive, but this saved my skin from going full-on crazy and I will never be without this again, for I know this is the only product that has managed to calm my extremely irritated skin.

One caveat – the packaging isn't the most hygienic, but I don't mind it as the product itself is just too wonderful. I'm careful not to touch the paddle with my fingers, just scoop and let the product drip into my palm. =D

on 2/21/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For a product so expensive, it lasts a very long time (I'm going on 9 months). That being said, when you get to the remaining 1/4 of the bottle, what's left is drying out, so it's getting a bit denser and harder to reach. At this point I leave it lying it down so everything flows to one side and easier to reach with the spatula. For this reason, I hate the packaging, and with this in mind, I don't think I will ever buy the big bottle, even if it is a 'better value'.

The product is a very silky smooth gel that seems to 'melt' once it is on your face, making it easy to spread, so you don't need very much. I use this as a night serum alternated with my retinol one, and I wake up with very smooth, soft, and plump (moisturized) skin.

I use AmorePacific Time Response as my daily moisturizer, so I don't double-up on La Mer products and can't comment on using this and the moisturizer in combination. However, it doesn't break out my skin, I have no wrinkles, and I like the way it feels, so I'll probably keep buying/using it. However if someone said I couldn't have it anymore, I wouldn't be crushed.

on 5/30/2014 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Yes, it's expensive. No, it's not your typical serum. It's absolutely not for everyone, and isn't meant to be. Based on what I've read from other reviewers who were disappointed, I think they were seeking a "normal" high-end serum. Fortunately, this serum is anything but normal. I've slowly been transitioning to products to help soothe my red and irritated skin, which is at the beginning stages of mild rosacea. Not fun, as I was using a bounty of La Prairie products that now sit in a drawer.

My face (primarily my cheeks) had become red and hot to the touch, and I found myself incredibly uncomfortable. I tried everything I could find in my bounty of beauty products, to no avail. Luckily, I happened to save a couple of samples of this serum which literally transformed my skin overnight. I awoke with cool and do the skin, after months of inflammation and being uncomfortable. I bit the bullet and immediately ordered the large bottle. Definitely not an inexpensive purchase.

I have been using this serum for two weeks now in the morning under moisturizer & SPF (Chantecaille), and my face has never looked better or more calm. Since I had been using intensive anti-aging products, I was worried about losing the effects of those products. One of the many great things about the serum is that it can be layered. Actually, I've mainly been applying it to my cheeks, and applying a retinol serum on my chin and forehead which don't seem to be affected by redness or irritation. I finish with an eye cream and use overnight masks a couple of times a week, and my skin is looking great. Old acne scars are quickly disappearing before my very eyes, which is a welcome bonus. The bottle certainly isn't the best design, but will certainly last me a good six months at the least. IMHO, this greatly diminishes the sticker shock. I think it's worth every penny.