La Mer The Concentrate

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

4.6

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

I have this on hand for face emergencies. And well let's say my skin went crazy with my switching to Lapraire. On the advise of my derm dr I invested tons of dollars into a more mature skin care and makeup line. This review is for La Mer the concentrate, and if it wasn't for the horrible reaction to the lapraire line, I wouldn't have taken this off my shelf to use to get my face back to normal. After about a month my face looked like I had i chicken pox. I pulled one product away then another, then stopped using the tinted cream, the powder etc. I finally had enough, pulled out my trusty la Mer cleanser, and Tonic and this miracle bottle of concentrate. And after 5 days my face is beginning to heal from the hell I put it through with lapraire. I am back to the basics, right now to get rid of the rest of the purging my face left evidence of. I almost went to the dr, but by day 3 with la Mer I started to see improvement. I know I too sometimes feel like the hype of la Mer is overrated. But I have to tell you this time I saw how much of a miracle the concentrate really is. My face was so horrible, I couldn't apply any primer for my back to basic smashbox halo foundation, so I bought the la mers new perfecting cream. I'm on day 4 of it and without it and the concentrate I wouldn't be able to cover the destruction of the la Prairie experiment I put my face through. And the burned raw skin I had around my lips and sides of my nose are not red and burning any more. I don't want to like la Mer, I don't want to believe the hype, but for me it saved my skin. Thanks la Mer for making this miracle in a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

The concentrate is excellent for winter skin in dry cold Canada as well as on tropical vacation in the Caribbean, in that it smoothes skin out. I have only used it for a week, but I notice that it does exfoliate the skin, which is good if there is roughness to be smoothed out.
However, I would not use it for the first time right before an important event, since there is the risk of exfoliation in the early phases.
In order to put foundation on properly, it is really important to remove the layers of skin which have been exfoliated first... so give it time.
I stopped using the concentrate over the summer, because it is hot and humid, and I was happy using the lighter tonic (see my review)

OCT 2015 Now it's the fall, cooler and drier but not as Sahara dry as in the winter. I was caught by surprise by the sudden change in the weather, it literally turned on a dime! Now I had a skin emergency- my skin, especially on the nose, began flaking in a really unsightly way because of the dry weather ! Strips and flakes of skin were dangling....call La Mer 911!
This time I put on the concentrate (in a cream/gel formulation) on one side, and compared it to CerAve moisturizer. I was immediately pleased by La Mer's mat texture, light lavender scent and easy spreadability- no tugging or pulling.
Within about 5-7 days the flaking had almost completely disappeared, and I did not (yet) have any breakouts.

on 4/12/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I have a scar on my hand and it really works wonder. I put a little on it and rub it in and the scar is getting much less visable each day.

I use it as a serum after I've done a deep cleanse mask but it's too affective for my skin to use everyday as I don't have wrinkles or lines yet..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

i have acne prone skin with more towards my period. i used this on my healing blemishes to clear up the redness and help them heal faster without leaving a scar. it definitely helped to diminish redness/flakiness. however after a weak i broke out around the areas that i used it. it also makes your skin feel greasy and gross.
if you have young skin, seriously think twice before using this.

on 10/18/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best ever serum I've ever used. Gets rid of redness, line, pores, reduces and calms breakouts, and gives me a instant better complexion instantly.

It's the most expensive product in the La Mer range, but only 2 drops are needed for my entire face.

This helped me with my redness and sensitivity when I was on roaccutane too. I'm now off roc for over a year and I continue to use this and it's awesome!

on 5/14/2008 11:40:00 PM

I have a burn scar on my upper lip from 8 years ago. Tried everything from Obagi (horrible), Strivectin, Vitamin E, Shahnaz Hussein etc etc etc. Most of the times I felt it burn whilst applying these products.I'd then scratch and make it worse!
The SA at La Mer was kind to give me a sample to try. I did not notice anything with the sample in terms of scar reduction but it felt softer and no burning...really calming. A week later i went and bought the bottle eventhough it was so bloody pricey. I was just fed up with this scar and the jokes calling me 'Hitler'.

It's been close to 2 weeks now, and I notice that it is a tiny bit lighter on my upper lip scar. I also apply a little on my acne marks and that is significantly improved.

I will update this when the scar is >70% less so that you guys can decide if it is money well spent.

The SA gave me some radiance lotion sample to try...cant say much about that though

on 12/24/2005 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The only downside is the $300+ price tag. But, I only use this for a couple things - so it doesnt' seem like that much when I think of how long it will actually last me. I have been using this under eyes, for scars, for old pimple spots, for burns and a bit on the corners of my mouth before bed. My husband has taken to using a drop for his face after shaving (which has led to my hiding of the product). I have a girlfriend at work who also loves this, so I think next time I'll just save my bottle and we'll go in together on one.