La Mer The Concentrate

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

3.7

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/10/2017 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't like this stuff like the other la mer products. I have pores and if i use something thick, my skin breaks out. And this product is thick and clugging pores. When i use first i feel soft and smooth . After 1 week my skin filled with close comedos. I didn't think this product can do that and i continued using. After 1 month using when i get to the dermatologist for my routine control and skincare , he asked me what happened to my face because my blackheads gets crazy. I didn't stop using because i thought it's could be happened something different. But after 3 months it didn't get better. Then i stopped and tried if i use concantrate gel 2 days continuely my skin gets worse clogged pores blackheads and acne comes out. i bought oil absorbing tonic , oil absorbing lotion, the skintint spf 30 also And i hate them all!! And these are very expensive.normally I don't hesitate to spend money for my skin. But this time it is a real disaster.

on 2/28/2014 10:35:00 AM

This may be insanely expensive but it is worth every penny. I have VERY sensitive skin that is prone to allergies and acne. This is one product that always calms my skin, heals breakouts and gets rid of scarring quick. I don't feel it does immediate miracles in terms of brightening/taking years off etc but I've been using La Mer for 10 years and now at 35 I don't have a single wrinkle. If I ever have a burn I put it on and within 2 days it's healed with no scarring. If it does that to a burn think what it does to your skin on a daily basis!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

The concentrate is excellent for winter skin in dry cold Canada as well as on tropical vacation in the Caribbean, in that it smoothes skin out. I have only used it for a week, but I notice that it does exfoliate the skin, which is good if there is roughness to be smoothed out.
However, I would not use it for the first time right before an important event, since there is the risk of exfoliation in the early phases.
In order to put foundation on properly, it is really important to remove the layers of skin which have been exfoliated first... so give it time.
I stopped using the concentrate over the summer, because it is hot and humid, and I was happy using the lighter tonic (see my review)

OCT 2015 Now it's the fall, cooler and drier but not as Sahara dry as in the winter. I was caught by surprise by the sudden change in the weather, it literally turned on a dime! Now I had a skin emergency- my skin, especially on the nose, began flaking in a really unsightly way because of the dry weather ! Strips and flakes of skin were dangling....call La Mer 911!
This time I put on the concentrate (in a cream/gel formulation) on one side, and compared it to CerAve moisturizer. I was immediately pleased by La Mer's mat texture, light lavender scent and easy spreadability- no tugging or pulling.
Within about 5-7 days the flaking had almost completely disappeared, and I did not (yet) have any breakouts.

on 12/7/2012 12:28:00 AM

I got a sample of this from a department store because I was asking for something to help heal an area of my face from a deep peel. Everyone at the counter was extremely enthusiastic about The Concentrate, and of course they had all miracle stories. I used the sample up, and it did seem to help redness. The peeling skin was less severe, and the dryness went away pretty quickly. I decided to go online and look at the ingredient list before I put that kind of money down. Turns out, there are a ton of silicones in La Mer and not just in this particular product. I emailed La Mer and got a pretty crappy, vague answer as to why there are so many silicones in their products. They justified it as being a "skin conditioner". I have some background in dermatology, so this isn't exactly true. Even if you don't know much about skin and skincare, you have probably heard of makeup primers. Their main ingredient is silicone/silicone derivatives. Silicone does not absorb into your skin. It stays on top and holds makeup. Unfortunately, it can also block pores, and actually has a drying effect if used often. It's great for a night out under makeup, but not so much as a $300 serum. I figure that the post peel dryness seemed to go away initially because I was basically putting primer on my face. I urge anyone to go online and look at the ingredients in La Mer products. Anything ending in -cone is a type of silicone derivative. (dimethicone, trimethicone, etc) I am always willing to save up and pay more money for good quality skin care, but until La Mer removes most if not all of the silicones in their products, I won't be buying anything from them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

cant believe I bought this, because it was so expensive, but with the glowing reviews and with my skin, I wanted to try it. my skin has been through a lot, particularly with acne, and I have many acne scars (red spots). I really dont have pitted or texture scars though. But my skin gets irritated very easily, breaks out easily. since I started using all La Mer, my breakouts have stopped (!!) but the red spots remain. I started using the concentrate last week. the bottle was much bigger than I expected. its 1.7oz. it has a dipper in it, not a dropper. I wish it was a pump. the serum is thick, silicone based. it smells like dirt (earthy) and lavender. feels very smooth going on, and calms my skin. My red spots already appear lighter, but maybe that is because my skin is much calmer and not irritated. I have no broken out from this, and I think I would have by now. I use it 2x a day and follow with the Creme. Only a few drops of this is needed, so it should last a very long time, probably 6 months or more. I will update on how well it works in the coming weeks and months. If it works well, I will repurchase, otherwise not. I dont mind paying a lot if something works!

on 9/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i got a sample of the concentration and i tried it since last week. i found the concentration works great for new acne scar, unfortunetely not really effective on old acne scars. i really should had this product 2 month early when my face totally broke out. And this concentrate is really expensive, but i think it can use for a long time.

omg omg omg! i received a sample of the concentrate at a la mer counter, and i've been using it to heal my face as i undergo accutane. it has worked miracles! unfortunately, i cannot afford to buy the actual product, but for anyone who can i highly recommend it. it feels great going on (nice, subtle scent; nice texture) and it's light as air (it doesn't feel like you have anything on). plus, you go through it incredibly slowly (it's taken me a few months to go through the sample). great product hands down

on 5/15/2009 9:23:00 PM

I had high hopes for this as my experience with other la mer products had been exceptional (oil absorbing lotion, liquid foundation, eye serum, etc). I have acne scars and large pores around my nose area and wanted this to work effectively improving those blemishes. Well, it didn't. I noticed nothing different after religious daily use of this for 4 months. Oh maybe my skin is a bit softer but that's about it. On the bright side, it didn't irritate my skin or caused any breakouts which is a big plus considering how potent this serum is supposed to be. However for this price tag, this underperformed so badly. The eye concentrate on the other side is an exceptional product and I wish I had the money to apply that serum all over my face! Will not repurchase.

It is a gift from heaven.
A word of advice, if you have good skin or "so so" skin, dont buy it.
You will not appreciate it nor experience the true miracle if you don't have damaged/heavily scared skin.
The area under my eye was burning, itching, swallowing, peeling and so ugly. As soon as I massage the concentrate in, the sallowness is gone, the red patches under my left eye is half gone and the other eye is so much better.
I bought it without a second thought.
I dont think it is that expensive at all. Okay, La Mer used to be "one of the most expensive" brand,but it is not anymore. There are so many serums out price the La Mer concentrate.
In my opinion, the concentrate truly live up to its miracle and price. Indeed, if the price is raise up again, I will keep purchasing it till it hit 700 pound or so.
I mean, all the Cle de peau, LP, Valmont, Revive, NB and etc. La Mer really does a lot better than them, and a lot cheaper as well.
For this product, you can actually expect the miracle.
It heals like no other.