La Mer The Concentrate

La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

3.9

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

Eyes: Violet

The concentrate is quite pricey, but it does help my new acne scars heal faster and make my skin smoother and softer. (You will have to put a layer of moisturizer on top of it to "lock in" the moist though. Otherwise, it will dry out in 5-10min after the application.)

I have very dry cheeks and very oily t-zone and lots of whiteheads (the close ones). Each time when I pop my whiteheads, it leaves a new scar on my face. Since I have been battling my acne for years, there's lots of new scars and old scars on my face. The effect on my old scars are not as obvious, but the Concentrate does help my new scars heal faster and help even out my skin tone.

I like this serum, I use it as a night treatment under la mer ultrarich cream and the duo makes my face so hydrated and removes redness while I sleep! I'm sure it has long-term benefits too. And a little goes a long way. But the packaging is awful - it's so bad that I probably won't repurchase. It's a whole process to get the stuff on your face with the spatula as opposed to a simple pump. The spatula concept is not a deal breaker for me but when you are adding 4 other things to your routine like the la mer line suggests you should, every little bit of simplicity helps. What really makes me annoyed is the lack of function of this particular spatula. Once you finish about half the bottle, then it really does become a struggle to get the rest out. Tip the jar, not too much, scrape the sides with the spatula, the glass is dark so you can't easily see where the remaining product is. It's kind of obnoxious what a hassle it is for the price. And how much you end up wasting unless you're willing to spend serious time on it for each application.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a tiny sample of this to try last year. The results? I was actually surprised....

Firstly this was a GWP when I purchased, or rather re-purchased a tube of 'The Hand Treatment' which I adore. Secondly, I wasn't able to use this daily due to the silicone content, however used only a few times a week I did notice a slight reduction in blemishes (perhaps over 50%) left over from the odd 1 or 2 pimples on my chin. This came as quite a surprise to me, considering all the poor reviews I'd read online.
I used only the smallest amount of the concentrate - perhaps less than half a drop, followed by a tiny dab of the gel-crème as instructed by the SA at the La Mer counter, to seal in the benefits. I must stress though that the results were not any greater than a vast number of brightening or regenerating serums I've used previously. The soft skin sensation only lasted as long as the product was on and purely down to the 'slip-feel' produced by the silicones. The moment I washed my face I was back at square one.

Although I used for almost a month on one small area, I didn't really notice any difference to that part of my face in terms of skin texture or appearance. Perhaps this is a product whose effect accumulates over many months? To me it just seems a bit overpriced for what it is, considering I can achieve the results with any number of skincare products out there.

For me it's a 'like' but not a repurchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/15/2018 5:28:00 PM

I bought this because so many said it helps w/acne scars. My scars are about 10 years old. I've been using for 2 months now & have seen zero results. So I guess it only works w/recent scars. Gave 2 stars because it is moisturizing & glides on smoothly. I wish I would have spent the $350 on a laser treatment.

on 2/27/2018 4:46:00 AM

This silicone based treatment is supposed to accelerate skin’s own natural healing process and recommended after surgical procedures or when skin needs «that extra boost».

While the texture feels somewhat rich and silicony, as many have previously pointed out, it is actually surprisingly light and fluid and absorbs rather quickly into the skin. Or more precisely, it will stay on the surface of the skin in a silicone-matrix where it will deliver the fermented algae («The Miracle Broth») throughout the day.

How it can do this?! Well, the formula is an emulsion type that makes this possible. There is nothing miraculous about this.
What is more doubtful is whether the «The Miracle Broth» really is as magical as La Mer (Estee Lauder Co.) wants us to believe?!
If it is, then you will definitely will have the benefit of its continuous delivery throughout the day.

The product consists mostly of silicone fluids (Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone) and silicone elastomers (Polysilicone-11 and Dimethicone Crosspolymer) along with a crosslinked silicone emulsifier (Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer), higher amounts of Seaweed/Algae and Glycerin sprinkled with some actives of marine origin (Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract) and some very good barrier enhancers (Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine) and some really unnecessary essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary and Basil. These latter ones are used as fragrance ingredients but also as anti-microbial agents.
These, however, might pose the potential risk of possible allergic skin reactions.

What can also be problematic with this product (and the likes) is the high amount of silicone elastomers. These are crosslinked silicones and have been linked to cyctic acne. This is not necessarily the case for everyone, but trial of this product should be advisable.

What I liked about this product is that it makes application of the Cream de la Mer much easier and less time-consuming. It makes the thicker and somewhat more rigid structure of the Cream more fluid and better absorbing in the skin after application. It also leaves a considerably nicer finish on the skin due to the high amounts of silicone it contains.

Does it deliver?
In my opinion, it does have the potential to hydrate and provide lasting hydration (when used in conjunction with a moisturizer) due to the formula (and not the algae!). The algae (Miracle Broth) will be able to provide better hydration than pure water.

Is it worth the astronomical price?
Definitely not!
You can buy way better products today for the fraction of the price and without the additional risk of allergic reactions.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol continued >>

I love using this under La Mer Soft Cream. Not only does it feel nice and lightweight, it also means I can use less of the cream overtop. I haven’t had it cause breakouts like some previous comments (I have normal to dehydrated skin, not oily). The only downside is it’s hard to get the final ¼ of the product out because of the glass container. You have to keep it on its side and scrape it out.

on 5/10/2017 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't like this stuff like the other la mer products. I have pores and if i use something thick, my skin breaks out. And this product is thick and clugging pores. When i use first i feel soft and smooth . After 1 week my skin filled with close comedos. I didn't think this product can do that and i continued using. After 1 month using when i get to the dermatologist for my routine control and skincare , he asked me what happened to my face because my blackheads gets crazy. I didn't stop using because i thought it's could be happened something different. But after 3 months it didn't get better. Then i stopped and tried if i use concantrate gel 2 days continuely my skin gets worse clogged pores blackheads and acne comes out. i bought oil absorbing tonic , oil absorbing lotion, the skintint spf 30 also And i hate them all!! And these are very expensive.normally I don't hesitate to spend money for my skin. But this time it is a real disaster.

I have this on hand for face emergencies. And well let's say my skin went crazy with my switching to Lapraire. On the advise of my derm dr I invested tons of dollars into a more mature skin care and makeup line. This review is for La Mer the concentrate, and if it wasn't for the horrible reaction to the lapraire line, I wouldn't have taken this off my shelf to use to get my face back to normal. After about a month my face looked like I had i chicken pox. I pulled one product away then another, then stopped using the tinted cream, the powder etc. I finally had enough, pulled out my trusty la Mer cleanser, and Tonic and this miracle bottle of concentrate. And after 5 days my face is beginning to heal from the hell I put it through with lapraire. I am back to the basics, right now to get rid of the rest of the purging my face left evidence of. I almost went to the dr, but by day 3 with la Mer I started to see improvement. I know I too sometimes feel like the hype of la Mer is overrated. But I have to tell you this time I saw how much of a miracle the concentrate really is. My face was so horrible, I couldn't apply any primer for my back to basic smashbox halo foundation, so I bought the la mers new perfecting cream. I'm on day 4 of it and without it and the concentrate I wouldn't be able to cover the destruction of the la Prairie experiment I put my face through. And the burned raw skin I had around my lips and sides of my nose are not red and burning any more. I don't want to like la Mer, I don't want to believe the hype, but for me it saved my skin. Thanks la Mer for making this miracle in a bottle.

on 3/2/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The concentrate has been a staple in my skin care for years. I often use it underneath moisturizer in the mornings, usually in lieu of a serum, and it keeps my skin feeling good all day. The formulation is heavy in silicones, so it does take a while to sink in and it has a lot of slip, so I find it's important not to apply too much. The viscous gel formulation allows it to be massaged in without tugging on the skin and without balling up. I find it to be a good canvas for the skincare products to be used afterward.
I deducted one point due to the packaging. I definitely dislike the glass bottle with the plastic spatula in the lid for several reasons: a pump would be far better than the paddle shaped applicator because a pump would introduce less air and potential contamination into the bottle and, most importantly, dispense the appropriate amount each time instead of a rather undefined "blob" of gel. Also, closing the bottle upon returning the lid with the paddle attached to it, has to be done rather carefully, otherwise any product left on the spatula can easily be smeared around the narrow bottle opening which is messy and a waste. Secondly, the plastic paddle itself is considerably too short! When closed all the way it only reaches about half inch above the bottom of the glass jar, which becomes an annoying issue toward the end of each bottle's use. At this price point, packaging is definitely important, to make the use enjoyable, practical and especially in order to avoid wasting any product. The company seems to be well aware of this packaging design flaw because my local La Mer counter has voluntarily, without me mentioning anything, handed me several extra long plastic paddle spatulas along with my last purchases! Obviously, the extra applicators are only a quick and dirty fix, so it really makes me wonder, why the company won't simply resolve these obvious issues by offering the concentrate in a pump bottle?! Other than the packaging I like this product and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really hate the price!! But the product is amazing and nothing compares to it. 2 weeks ago, my skin was destroyed by the flu. It was red irritated, flaking, broken out, and dry, after using this for 2 days everything began disapearring. The annoying flakes, that kept getting worse around my nose and mouth no matter what I applied were gone overnight. Everything just kept getting better and better as the days rolled by, the breakouts healed faster! Its a thick non-sticky gel that smells like lavender, it sinks quickly. After a minute or so, I press in a layer of the original moisturizer. My skin is so much happier and can never go back to regular run of the mill creams.

Yess....its expensive, but I've wasted soo much $$ looking for what these two products do alone.