La Mer The Concentrate

La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

I know you want to try everything that La Mer has to offer, but you have got to get a grip on where fantasy starts and reality ends. This is the worst product I have tried in their line. First of all, it smells like Lavendar. That's great but what the heck does Lavender have to do with the sea? I loved the way their face serums smell and expected something similar. Also, the main ingredient here is slicone or a synthetic version of slicone so get ready to have that weird smooth, makeup primer feeling. That Idealist by Estee Lauder feel. Only this cost about 10 times as much. The packaging is cool no doubt, but come on. After using this for three weeks I returned mine. I saw no differences. You are better off using the money and buying a larger jar of the creme or trying their serums. If you just had a cosmetic procedure get your doctor to write you a script for something that has studies to back it up--not a marketing department. Bottomline: this is a silicone product--there are a bazillion others on the market that would have the same effect. And most of those do not smell of lavender. Or cost over 300 U.S dollars. Let's come in for a landing people.

on 12/9/2006 11:57:00 AM

This is a wonderful product. I first received it as a sample and decided to apply it to a bumpy scar (eraser head size) that I have under my left eye. I could not belieive it! The scar slowly began to flatten out and become far less noticable. Even my dermatologist was impressed. When I ran out my sample I talked it over with the La Mer rep at Saks and decided to switch to the eye balm. It is less expensive and contains some of the concentrate. The results are not as dramatic, but I am happy with them. If I could afford it, I would buy the concentrate. It is wonderful!
Update: BEWARE OF BUMPY WHITE SCARS on your face. What I thought was a small scar was actually skin cancer! I have never been a sun person. I always wear SPF15+ and hats and stay in the shade. So if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. It is unfortuante that my dermatologist looked at it for four years without realizing what it was. I finally insisted on a biopsy last month and will have surgery in a few days. I may be scarred, but I will live. Everyone please respect your skin and protect it from UV exposure from the sun and tanning salons.
UPDATE: Well after four surgeries (one plastic) and thirty stitches in my face I am now cancer free. I have been using the concentrate on my scar and people are amazed at how nicely it is healing. I am also using Curad Scar Therapy bandages each night and I did have a really excellent surgeon. Bottom line: Wear suncreen!!!

on 12/7/2012 12:28:00 AM

I got a sample of this from a department store because I was asking for something to help heal an area of my face from a deep peel. Everyone at the counter was extremely enthusiastic about The Concentrate, and of course they had all miracle stories. I used the sample up, and it did seem to help redness. The peeling skin was less severe, and the dryness went away pretty quickly. I decided to go online and look at the ingredient list before I put that kind of money down. Turns out, there are a ton of silicones in La Mer and not just in this particular product. I emailed La Mer and got a pretty crappy, vague answer as to why there are so many silicones in their products. They justified it as being a "skin conditioner". I have some background in dermatology, so this isn't exactly true. Even if you don't know much about skin and skincare, you have probably heard of makeup primers. Their main ingredient is silicone/silicone derivatives. Silicone does not absorb into your skin. It stays on top and holds makeup. Unfortunately, it can also block pores, and actually has a drying effect if used often. It's great for a night out under makeup, but not so much as a $300 serum. I figure that the post peel dryness seemed to go away initially because I was basically putting primer on my face. I urge anyone to go online and look at the ingredients in La Mer products. Anything ending in -cone is a type of silicone derivative. (dimethicone, trimethicone, etc) I am always willing to save up and pay more money for good quality skin care, but until La Mer removes most if not all of the silicones in their products, I won't be buying anything from them.

on 5/30/2014 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Yes, it's expensive. No, it's not your typical serum. It's absolutely not for everyone, and isn't meant to be. Based on what I've read from other reviewers who were disappointed, I think they were seeking a "normal" high-end serum. Fortunately, this serum is anything but normal. I've slowly been transitioning to products to help soothe my red and irritated skin, which is at the beginning stages of mild rosacea. Not fun, as I was using a bounty of La Prairie products that now sit in a drawer.

My face (primarily my cheeks) had become red and hot to the touch, and I found myself incredibly uncomfortable. I tried everything I could find in my bounty of beauty products, to no avail. Luckily, I happened to save a couple of samples of this serum which literally transformed my skin overnight. I awoke with cool and do the skin, after months of inflammation and being uncomfortable. I bit the bullet and immediately ordered the large bottle. Definitely not an inexpensive purchase.

I have been using this serum for two weeks now in the morning under moisturizer & SPF (Chantecaille), and my face has never looked better or more calm. Since I had been using intensive anti-aging products, I was worried about losing the effects of those products. One of the many great things about the serum is that it can be layered. Actually, I've mainly been applying it to my cheeks, and applying a retinol serum on my chin and forehead which don't seem to be affected by redness or irritation. I finish with an eye cream and use overnight masks a couple of times a week, and my skin is looking great. Old acne scars are quickly disappearing before my very eyes, which is a welcome bonus. The bottle certainly isn't the best design, but will certainly last me a good six months at the least. IMHO, this greatly diminishes the sticker shock. I think it's worth every penny.

on 7/9/2010 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OMG! This stuff is AMAZING!Quite a few people said it caused breakouts so I was VERY wary!The lady at the counter, whom is always so kind and friendly to me, gave me a bit of this in a sample pot. I tried it and now Im hooked. I have recently bought the full size product.

I am currently on tretinoin cream and this stuff has really helped reduce the peeling. I have found that I can only see slight peeling at the end of the day.

This product goes on so well, it glides on! I think what may make people break out is not rubbing it in for long enough! I was told the longer you rub it in the better! Its doesnt absorb very well on its own, but if you do rub it in for 1+ minutes its glorious! Scars from pimples looked reduced within a few days, its great!

I am officially a La Mer addict! I use this iso serum, as it is quite rich! I have found however, that I still have to use my Gel de la mer in the day as the concentrate isn't moisturising enough.

This is expensive, 266!Which is massively expensive, BUT per 100ml it is cheaper than the regenerating serum and the lifting face serum, as that come in 30ml bottles! So people say its the most expensive product, which is true, but you get 50ml, so it works out cheaper!

Anyways, I think its an investment!I will update this review if it changes at any point!

UPDATE:

I have now been using the concentrate for 4+ weeks. I am also still on tretinoin, now leaving it on all night! I have found after a few days using the concentrate that I need to use a lot less than I have done. I think this 50ml bottle will prob last about a year, as you use so very little. I still love it, and now finally I have stopped breaking out from the tretinoin and now I can honestly say that the concentrate doesn't break me out! I have started using it under my creme de la mer iso the gel de la mer during the day. Even though I have combination skin I have found once I put makeup over the moisturiser the greasy appearance is gone.

I do still think the concentrate is helping with the scars left from spots which is great, but the best thing is how it leaves my skin very silky!

EDIT: unfortunately I cannot use any La Mer products anymore, the sea kelp breaks me out. I have given everything to my mum. She can use it with no break outs and she loves it

Hope this was helpful!

It is a gift from heaven.
A word of advice, if you have good skin or "so so" skin, dont buy it.
You will not appreciate it nor experience the true miracle if you don't have damaged/heavily scared skin.
The area under my eye was burning, itching, swallowing, peeling and so ugly. As soon as I massage the concentrate in, the sallowness is gone, the red patches under my left eye is half gone and the other eye is so much better.
I bought it without a second thought.
I dont think it is that expensive at all. Okay, La Mer used to be "one of the most expensive" brand,but it is not anymore. There are so many serums out price the La Mer concentrate.
In my opinion, the concentrate truly live up to its miracle and price. Indeed, if the price is raise up again, I will keep purchasing it till it hit 700 pound or so.
I mean, all the Cle de peau, LP, Valmont, Revive, NB and etc. La Mer really does a lot better than them, and a lot cheaper as well.
For this product, you can actually expect the miracle.
It heals like no other.

To me, this isn't a serum. It doesn't promise to plump, hydrate or even make wrinkles disappear.

What it does, though, is address your skin issues: Have extremely red / irritated skin? Skin with dry patches? Having acne scars that just won't go away?

La Mer The Concentrate will address that, and more. I have suffered from redness my entire life, as my skin's rather thin and being exposed to sunlight everyday (thanks to living in a hot, humid climate) doesn't help it very much.

My skin was at its worst just before I tied the knot in March this year: Angry, blotchy, red, painful to the touch, with zits dotting my chin, cheeks and forehead.

I was at wit's end, until I went for a La Mer facial. The therapist applied this to my skin and even gave me a sample to take home with me. Post-facial, my skin was still red and blotchy, but surprisingly wasn't painful to touch anymore. There wasn't any extraction during the facial, but the pimples were noticeably smaller, less red and angry as before.

The sample I had was enough to last me two uses, and I went back to purchase the largest size just before I ran out because this performed a miracle on my skin.

Two days post-facial, the redness had subsided. My skin was no longer blotchy and angry-looking. Within two weeks, all calm had been restored and this even kept my skin in check right up to the wedding itself.

It is incredibly expensive, but this saved my skin from going full-on crazy and I will never be without this again, for I know this is the only product that has managed to calm my extremely irritated skin.

One caveat the packaging isn't the most hygienic, but I don't mind it as the product itself is just too wonderful. I'm careful not to touch the paddle with my fingers, just scoop and let the product drip into my palm. =D

on 5/14/2007 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in my mid-forties and have very dry skin. I was using the lifting serum and intensifier in addition to the Creme de la Mer and with the exception that I was still a bit dry, the results were quite amazing. I contacted a specialist at La Mer who suggested that I try the Concentrate to use at night instead of the serum to soothe the sensitivies in my skin. Even though the cost of the Concentrate is quite high, I thought I would give it a try based on the results I had experienced with the other La Mer products and if I wasn't satisfied with the purchase, I could alway return the product to Neiman Marcus. I must say, for me, the Concentrate is absolutely phenomenal. My skin is smoother than it has been in many, many years and the dryness is completely diminished. As far as the cost is concerned, such a small amount of product is needed that this one bottle will probably last 8-10 months or so. For my particular concerns, this product is truly great!

I've used the face serum before and wasn't impressed. But the concentrate means business! It does improve my skin! The texture of the concentrate is very thick when scooped out of the bottle, but it does melt into the skin immediately. I don't know how to describe its magic in words, but when I ran to a skincare counter to do a skin check, the magnified image of my skin proves that the $$$ I spent is really worth it! My skin looked so 'dense' and even, really fresh-looking. But, this product does little in moisturising, so I think you need to put some moisture essence/cream on top to make your skin more supple and comfortable. Would definitely buy again. It's rare, cos most expensive products have disappointed me.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product is the holy grail, and I don't understand why it is receiving so much hate! Aside from the fact that this product is quite costly, there is nothing to hate about this bad boy. I use this product as a base, followed by creme de la mer, and the outcome is amazing!

My Usage / Instruction
1. I spray my face with thermal water by Avene, and wait a couple of minutes before I wipe the excess with tissue paper
2. I apply the concentrate on my skin and massage it in 'thoroughly'
3. I apply creme de lamer and massage that in thoroughly also
4. I either apply the rest of my products like acne gel, eye cream, etc, or I follow my normal makeup tutorial

1. Packaging: 4/5
I have no problem with the packaging, but I would rather have this packed inside a bottle with pumping head because it'd be cleaner that way, and the amount of product would be perfectly adjusted each time.

2. Consistency: 5/5
I think that the consistency is one of the best parts of this product. People'd generally expect the texture to be greasy and oily on the face but not at all! This product doesn't give you the dramatic sheen nor the totally oily look, but it gives you this beautiful touch, and the glow-y effect which I absolutely love. Sometimes I would even wear this all by itself and just paint in my eyebrows and lips and I am good to go out. This product does not leave residue on your hand or finger, and as I say, it's not too oily nor too loose, its just perfection!

3. Scent: 5/5
If you are like me, and you love a little bit of lavender scent then this is the product. Unlike every other moisturisers, this product doesn't have that overpowering synthetic smell. This has a light refreshing lavender scent which I totally love.

4. Duration: 5/5
As i mentioned before, I sometimes wear this product out on by itself, and i've put a few test to it, wearing it all by itself. My skin felt moisturised and hydrated for a very long time.

5. Outcome: 100/5
There is this one time that I used this clay face mask and I had an extreme allergic reaction. I got hives, red rashes, and my skin was covered with pimples and breakouts. I was so desperate to find something to cure and nothing seems to cure it until I found this product. I use this in the morning and in the evening, and within 1 week, my face goes back to its original form. My skin was smooth and soft and clear once and for all! And if you don't even have breakouts that bad, then I would say that this will give you the perfect glow-y skin overnight.

Does it work well as makeup base? YES
It works really well as makeup base, as I say, it doesn't grease your skin, and my makeup sticks on to this hot thing the whole day!

Pros:
+ Great scent
+ Isn't greasy
+ Gentle
+ Effective
+ SIMPLY PERFECT!

Cons:
+ Costly, but if its effective

I recommend this product to:
- Every skin type (no matter if you are very sensitive)
- Young people who would like to start hydrating and moisturising skin

I hope you guys enjoy this review! If you have any questions, I believe you can inbox or contact :) I would gladly reply as detailed as possible

Have a nice day kiddos xoxo