Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-absorbs quickly
-no problematic fragrance that I noticed
-did not make acne worse

Cons:
-expensive
-not enough moisture; drying
-no improvement in skin condition and acne

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love love love this product. I had great skin during my teens and early 20s but after I came off the pill in my late 20s, I developed horrible acne. After some retinol facials with my beautician to clear it up, I wanted to keep going with a moisturiser that had a bit of retinol in it but wasn't too drying. The skin perfecting lotion has been a Godsend. It has kept my skin clear of break outs and has helped fade my acne scarring.

It has retinol in it but this isn't clearly indicated on the front so just be aware of this if you're sensitive to retinol. Always wear your sunscreen over the top in the day because retinol can make your skin sun sensitive. Such a great product. I rarely get to the end of any skin care product because I get bored with it but I actually finished two tubes.

Now that I'm pushing 30, I've switched to a stronger retinol (Skinceuticals 0.5%) with a mild moisturiser over the top and will see how that goes. However, skin perfecting lotion has served me well and I might return to it if the stronger retinol is a bit much for me.

If you're struggling with break outs but have fairly sensitive skin, give this a go!

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It absorbs well on my combination skin and doesn't make me feel greasy. It also has never caused breakouts- something most moisturizers do to me. It makes my skin feel soft and looking clear. It wears really well under my foundation and never balls up. I also really like the way it smells. I've probably bought this 6 times so far and will continue to.

I received this product in a kit about two years ago. It has taken me a long time to review this product because I just do not know how to feel about it. I have used it with and without severe acne and the only thing I can say is that it does not help or harm acne. Before isotreninoin, it was a better moisturizer for me because I had oilier skin. Now that my skin is drier, it does not nourish my skin enough. Regardless, I did not see any improvements in my skin either before or after my acne treatment, which makes me question why Murad is so darn expensive.

I do like this lotion. It smells like vitamin c, which I don't mind and actually like. It's easy to spread, lightweight and fast-absorbing. I haven't used it for long so will have to update on whether I find it oily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

Ok, I didn't not at all expect to be this impressed with a moisturizer. I try to avoid reviewing too soon, but I feel I've tried this enough to say a little. My friend works for Murad and bought me some items as a gift. I was going through realllllyy bad skin problems (most likely due to an Rx, thanks a lot big pharmaceuticals!) She kept saying to get this moisturizer and I kept trying to say no (even though she paid for me!) because I tend to react/break out to products and especially moisturizers which can be heavy and clogging. She insisted so eventually I just said I would try it. Around the time I went to see her, I was getting super over dried from all the products I was using to clear me up. They caused more and more acne, so I kept using more and more until it was a huge dry, scaly, scary mess. I knew I needed to moisturize but I was super worried since my skin was so angry and exposed. Knowing this, I tried the cream, and it didn't sting, clog, or cause any problems. I thought I was loosing my mind when my skin actually looked BETTER the next day. It was almost like it was a recovery treatment, not a moisturizer. I haven't had any reactions at all, quite the opposite, it's been one of the most gentle products I've ever used, and I'm not immune to reacting to many others. (The Instant Radiance eye from Murad stings me a little, for example.) Even though this is pretty expensive for a small-ish tube, I really think I would pay full price continuously if it keeps delivering. I also think they have a great return policy which I always try to make sure of before I invest like this and I USE IT if I have to. I suggest you guys do the same, and find what really works instead of just losing you money! . It's so rare to find anything that works. I feel like I will really use this a lot in the winter too.

Update: Ugh this is ok but I just can't mess with chemicals. I'm always afraid to use moisturizers, though I need them, and in the end it wasn't transformative as I hoped. Not only that, the Murad cleansers (and pretty much everything) are really crap. So just not happy with them. I tried. :P I gave this away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Goes on smooth but always looks greasy on my skin, a little shiny no matter how much I try to smooth it in. It feels like it sits on top. Also I'm not sure if it made me break out or not, I have very oily acne-prone skin, which got worse after using but my skin will do that regardless. I have switched to Neutrogena Oil-Free for sensitive skin and huge difference.

I am using “Skin Perfecting Lotion” for almost a month time (mornings & evenings). In spite it has a very light consistency the lotion hydrates the skin quite well. It also controls oil production during the day. I feel like my skin looks really good, neither oily nor dry, it stays soft and healthy looking. Besides, it doesn’t clog my pores. In general, I am happy with the lotion.
The ingredients list is good. It contains Retinol (it is the 7th in the list), Grape Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (=green tea), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Oat Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Honey Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (=vitamin E), Algae Extract, etc.
The packaging is excellent. I have good control over how much lotion I need to squeeze from the tube and it looks hygienic.
The price is 30 euro for 50ml.
The only reasons I gave it 4 stars and not 5 are: 1. it doesn’t tighten or minimize my pores. 2. It doesn’t contain SPF. 3. It doesn’t really keep under control breakouts (at least not as good as Murad Oil-Control Mattifier).
P.S. by the way my tube looks a bit different rather than on the photo here, it is not with blue but grey lines in front, and under "Murad" is written Age Reform. Everything else looks the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OVERALL RATING:
I would absolutely give this moisturizer a four because it is the first moisturizer that has not disappointed me. It dries to a finish that is not matte but is also not dewy, which is perfect for me; it causes no acne, and perhaps even helps to keep it at bay, and is an oil-free lightweight moisturizer that works well for me in all seasons. It absorbs quickly, too, and a little goes a long way (I also believe it minimizes pores). Some people have written that this is just an average moisturizer, and I suppose that I would agree in a sense. This does not perform any miraculous tricks; it simply nourishes my skin, acts as a great primer for makeup, keeps the dryness away, and seems to balance perfectly. And again, it does not cause acne, and that is what I look for most in a moisturizer.

PRICE:
Meh. I think the price is a bit steep for the quantity, but I will continue to purchase as long as this moisturizer continues to perform as well as I expect it to.

PACKAGING QUALITY:
Ahh, and here comes my foremost grievance with the product... I rated it as a four, yes, seeing as I have purchased this repeatedly and only had a problem with one package.
Last time I purchased this, I wasn't even halfway through the tube before there were two breaks in the nozzle (whatever you call the rings where you screw the lid back in place, and where the moisturizer comes out). One came before the other, but it resulted in a HUGE waste of product because 3/4 of what I squeezed out would go through the breaks in the packaging and ooze into a messy glob on my floor/dresser/not my face before I could even use it.
I doubt that this will occur again, however, because it never has before. If it does, I will take it up with the company itself before deciding not to repurchase... I really like this moisturizer!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After I swapped out the Pill for an IUD, my acne came back. Major bummer! I am two weeks into the 30 day system/sample pack, and this lotion is the third 'step.' I am using the full combo (clarifying cleanser, exfoliating acne treatment gel, skin perfecting location) twice a day. I really love the whole kit, but it doesn't do much to prevent dryness. I am going to start slowly phasing out this step and seeing if my go-to Aveeno moisturizer works in its place.

The info sheet does say that you may experience some increase in acne at the beginning, as the lotions push all your gunk up and out, and that happened a little to me. But ever since it has been great. Now that I've settled into the routine, I have had only two instances of acne, and they were 'surface' acne, not deep in the skin with several days to show up and recover. They are simple to remove and heal almost instantly.

I will finish out the 30 day pack and will see how the Aveeno switch out is going. Even though it's expensive, they do provide a visual of how big an amount you should be using, and it's very small and reasonable. So far, a worthwhile investment.