BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto
BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners 2007

3.9

on 4/20/2011 4:37:00 PM

SO PRETTY! Definitely creaseless, goes on effortlessly and lasts a very long time! Kinda pricey but I like it.

on 11/23/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love the color, it's a beautiful plum color that makes a great purply smoky eye. unfortunately, w/o a primer, they barely lasted half day. but for the color, I would definitely buy it again.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This color is good for me. It is like a plummy mauve to me. I use it with bronzy eyeshadow colors, and MAC's Cranberry sometimes, it really makes the colors pop. I use this as eyeshadow base, as eyeshadow alone, and even as a eyeliner too. Creasing is not a major issue. I have oily and hooded lids, so most stuff crease on me anyway, just a matter of extent and how long it lasts. This stuff holds up well over 4 or 5 hours. I really like this. Will rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Benefit gets 5 stars for awesome packaging. No other brand has upped the anty like they have. Other than that, the shadow is a nice color but I don't wear it very much. It does fade throughout the day even when you're wearing a base under it. It gets 4 stars because you can use it for multiple looks (eyeliner and eye shadow) and the color is very vivid and rich. It's a nice splurge but don't spend all your money on it.

on 4/19/2009 5:15:00 PM

This was exactly how I wanted MAC's Artifact Paint Pot to be like, but I was disappointed with MAC. These BeneFit cream shadows are creamier and smoother than MAC's Paint Pots. Can't really comment on the creaselessness, but I highly doubt it's true, especially on my oily lids and it lasts over TFSI (well...anything would last on TFSI, but that's a different story). Love this and will repurchase. Beautiful colour :)

on 5/16/2008 3:17:00 AM

I really love the color but I find the application a little difficult compared to MAC paint pots. I definitely think these work better for people with dry skin but if you get oily lids, stick to Mac. I found this a little more difficult to blend and the lasting power not as great. I have been using with my MAC Bare Study Paint Pot and that seems help but will not be repurchasing in the future. Also you pay more for these than the paint pots but get less product.

on 2/17/2008 6:33:00 PM

It's so friggin expensive for the amount of product you get. It is 20 dollars canadian (same price as MAC paint pots) but you get way less product. Also, stiletto did not have as much color pay off as MAC paint pots.

I found the color to be alright.. but the fact that it doesnt go on very well (it is a bit 'oily').. makes me mad... one good thing is that it did NOT crease.. so thats a good thing.. which is why i am giving it an overall mark of TWO.

However, i suggest you go out and get MAC instead... a good similar color is the new MAC fafi collection paint pot in Nice Vice.. you bets hurry cuz its sold out on website and i just picked up the last one at my MAC counter. ;)
The color of the MAC one is a lot better too.. less 'sickly'.. as i saw someone describe the benefit stiletto as makin her look a bit sickly. I can see what she means by that ... i think it is the effect of the 'oily' sheer application of the product.. also the BeneFit one has a lot more red in it which can make one look sick.

on 7/7/2007 5:41:00 PM

This review is for the 2007 formula.

Product - This is a shimmery plum (red-toned purple) in the pot; on my lids (AAB/NC25) it's more of a shimmery/metallic rosy-plum. Smooth texture, with a drier feel than MAC Fluidlines. Applies smoothly, evenly, without skipping. Blends and smudges well then dries to a budgeproof finish. Stays put on my lids as they get oilier throughout the day and does not migrate. Can be applied or blended to a sheer finish or built up for more emphasis. I pat on with my fingertips for sheer looks and use a brush for lining or richer shading. Removes easily with wp makeup remover.

Comparisons - Similar in texture to MAC Fluidlines, but not as opaque. Definitely more plummy (red-toned) than BB Violet Ink. On my lids, it looks like BB Raisin Shimmer Wash e/s does in the pot.

Packaging - Sturdy glass pot with metal lid. Keep tightly closed to prevent the product from drying out. The Benefit graphics on the lid are actually a sticker... Pot is wide enough for fingertips.

Overall - Budgeproof and sheer/buildable, rich color. Lovely product but not a must-have shade for my preferences (YMMV). continued >>