BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto
BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners 2007

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Benefit gets 5 stars for awesome packaging. No other brand has upped the anty like they have. Other than that, the shadow is a nice color but I don't wear it very much. It does fade throughout the day even when you're wearing a base under it. It gets 4 stars because you can use it for multiple looks (eyeliner and eye shadow) and the color is very vivid and rich. It's a nice splurge but don't spend all your money on it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Great color. shimmery sparkly wine, definitely on the warm plum side but still with redwood reflects. I usually apply this on the outer half of my lid and use Benefit Get Figgy Creaseless Cream on the inner half. Looks PERFECT under MAC Star Violet, Plum Dressing and Cranberry. Easy to blend, very creamy, OK staying power....But "creaseless", they are not.
Gorgeous on hazel eyes, and the color balances out the pinkish tendency I have around my waterline.

on 4/19/2009 5:15:00 PM

This was exactly how I wanted MAC's Artifact Paint Pot to be like, but I was disappointed with MAC. These BeneFit cream shadows are creamier and smoother than MAC's Paint Pots. Can't really comment on the creaselessness, but I highly doubt it's true, especially on my oily lids and it lasts over TFSI (well...anything would last on TFSI, but that's a different story). Love this and will repurchase. Beautiful colour :)

on 8/28/2007 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful vivid plum color -- like mixing deep violet with hot pink. I mostly use this applied with a brush as a liner. It does work well as an all over eyeshadow if I apply a very thin layer using my fingertips ~it's actually one of the only plummy shades I've tried that doesn't make me look like I got punched in the eye. The one complaint I have with these new cream eyeshadows from Benefit, is that they are not completely crease-proof. They will travel a bit especially on oilier skins or in warmer weather. Definitely apply a primer beforehand for better staying power.

on 7/7/2007 5:41:00 PM

This review is for the 2007 formula.

Product - This is a shimmery plum (red-toned purple) in the pot; on my lids (AAB/NC25) it's more of a shimmery/metallic rosy-plum. Smooth texture, with a drier feel than MAC Fluidlines. Applies smoothly, evenly, without skipping. Blends and smudges well then dries to a budgeproof finish. Stays put on my lids as they get oilier throughout the day and does not migrate. Can be applied or blended to a sheer finish or built up for more emphasis. I pat on with my fingertips for sheer looks and use a brush for lining or richer shading. Removes easily with wp makeup remover.

Comparisons - Similar in texture to MAC Fluidlines, but not as opaque. Definitely more plummy (red-toned) than BB Violet Ink. On my lids, it looks like BB Raisin Shimmer Wash e/s does in the pot.

Packaging - Sturdy glass pot with metal lid. Keep tightly closed to prevent the product from drying out. The Benefit graphics on the lid are actually a sticker... Pot is wide enough for fingertips.

Overall - Budgeproof and sheer/buildable, rich color. Lovely product but not a must-have shade for my preferences (YMMV). continued >>

on 6/10/2007 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, about that first review down there, the color is not navy blue at all. It's aubergine which is defined by Webster as eggplant. I think you may have gotten Stiletto and Strut mixed up. Strut is a smoky denim color. Yes, I have the catalog right here with me.

Anyway, I love this color. I am a PINK girl, and when I am not a pink girl I am a GOLD girl. And I may add that I am 21, but I have been told by at least 2 people this past week that I look 17 so I can still pull the glitters off. The Benefit sales girl tried this color on me and I liked it. It is different and I didn't need a pink or gold color to add to my collection.

It's almost like a smoky eye. But you can wear it in the day time. I use the Show Offs loose powder in Miss Moon all over the lid and brow bone, then use the Stiletto Creaseless Cream on the lid, then in the crease I use the Gilded pencil.

I love the packaging. I am a sucker for makeup in glass containers. It makes the product seem old fashioned.

The price is $18 and that is expensive, but it looks to me like this will last a long while.

Is it creaseless, yes.
Is it long lasting, yes.
Is it for everyone, no. It's very dramatic. If you don't like pigment, then this color is not for you.

And I will be buying this again!