BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners 2007

3.8

on 2/25/2013 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Definitely not a product for the faint-hearted.
I use it as a crease colour over a grey base.
As with all cream shadows I use, technique is everything.
The right brush and the right amount is crucial with Stiletto, at least for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Benefit gets 5 stars for awesome packaging. No other brand has upped the anty like they have. Other than that, the shadow is a nice color but I don't wear it very much. It does fade throughout the day even when you're wearing a base under it. It gets 4 stars because you can use it for multiple looks (eyeliner and eye shadow) and the color is very vivid and rich. It's a nice splurge but don't spend all your money on it.

This one has definitely grown on me. As eye shadow it's a bit much, but what I'm loving it for is lining my upper/lower lids. I'll use dark brown/black eyeliner and then smudge this on top of it with liner brush. The soft purple really makes my blue eyes pop. These have a tendency to dry out, so be careful to screw the lid on tightly after each use.

I love the color, it's darker than I normally wear but it looks good on.

on 2/17/2008 6:33:00 PM

It's so friggin expensive for the amount of product you get. It is 20 dollars canadian (same price as MAC paint pots) but you get way less product. Also, stiletto did not have as much color pay off as MAC paint pots.

I found the color to be alright.. but the fact that it doesnt go on very well (it is a bit 'oily').. makes me mad... one good thing is that it did NOT crease.. so thats a good thing.. which is why i am giving it an overall mark of TWO.

However, i suggest you go out and get MAC instead... a good similar color is the new MAC fafi collection paint pot in Nice Vice.. you bets hurry cuz its sold out on website and i just picked up the last one at my MAC counter. ;)
The color of the MAC one is a lot better too.. less 'sickly'.. as i saw someone describe the benefit stiletto as makin her look a bit sickly. I can see what she means by that ... i think it is the effect of the 'oily' sheer application of the product.. also the BeneFit one has a lot more red in it which can make one look sick.

on 7/3/2007 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own RSVP and adore it, so I wanted to try another. Originally I wanted Get Figgy, but decided Stiletto was less like other purple shadows I own. It's a deep eggplant with a slight metallic-pinky sheen to it which is quite fetching, I just don't see myself using it that much to justify buying it again.
I have the Benefit brush to go with it, and it makes it a cinch to apply. It goes on smooth and is totally buildable - I've used it on top of powder e/s and vice versa. The color is great and more sheer than I thought, but too much on the brush at one time can leave a slight crepe-y effect on the lid. So even application is the key.
The packaging is adorable - a glass pot with a screw-top lid, and the lid is black with white birds on it. The box has a little card with a picture of either Betty, Lana or Gabbi (depending which "look" your shade is from) with an adorable quote on the back. However, I wish the lid had the name on it - since I have two of these, I can't tell which is which unless I flip it over.

on 6/10/2007 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, about that first review down there, the color is not navy blue at all. It's aubergine which is defined by Webster as eggplant. I think you may have gotten Stiletto and Strut mixed up. Strut is a smoky denim color. Yes, I have the catalog right here with me.

Anyway, I love this color. I am a PINK girl, and when I am not a pink girl I am a GOLD girl. And I may add that I am 21, but I have been told by at least 2 people this past week that I look 17 so I can still pull the glitters off. The Benefit sales girl tried this color on me and I liked it. It is different and I didn't need a pink or gold color to add to my collection.

It's almost like a smoky eye. But you can wear it in the day time. I use the Show Offs loose powder in Miss Moon all over the lid and brow bone, then use the Stiletto Creaseless Cream on the lid, then in the crease I use the Gilded pencil.

I love the packaging. I am a sucker for makeup in glass containers. It makes the product seem old fashioned.

The price is $18 and that is expensive, but it looks to me like this will last a long while.

Is it creaseless, yes.
Is it long lasting, yes.
Is it for everyone, no. It's very dramatic. If you don't like pigment, then this color is not for you.

And I will be buying this again!

on 5/20/2003 4:57:00 PM

Initially I was a little nervous that this eyeshadow would make me look bruised - it is a deep navy blue. But applied with a light finger to just the lid, and it looks great! Would make a beautiful smoky-eye look. As with all the creaseless cremes I have tried so far, it really is creaseless, because it goes on SO light - it is completely weightless on my lid! i probably won't buy again simply because I hardly ever have occassion to wear navy eyeshadow, so I don't think I will ever use this up.