BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto
BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners 2007

3.8

on 5/20/2003 4:57:00 PM

Initially I was a little nervous that this eyeshadow would make me look bruised - it is a deep navy blue. But applied with a light finger to just the lid, and it looks great! Would make a beautiful smoky-eye look. As with all the creaseless cremes I have tried so far, it really is creaseless, because it goes on SO light - it is completely weightless on my lid! i probably won't buy again simply because I hardly ever have occassion to wear navy eyeshadow, so I don't think I will ever use this up.

I am on a lifetime mission to find a cream eyeshadow that a)is matte, b) doesn't crease and c) has enough pigment to be worth it! Stiletto has two of the three- it doesn't crease and it has good pigment. But, it is sparkly sparkly sparkly. Anyone over 35 beware...

on 6/10/2007 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, about that first review down there, the color is not navy blue at all. It's aubergine which is defined by Webster as eggplant. I think you may have gotten Stiletto and Strut mixed up. Strut is a smoky denim color. Yes, I have the catalog right here with me.

Anyway, I love this color. I am a PINK girl, and when I am not a pink girl I am a GOLD girl. And I may add that I am 21, but I have been told by at least 2 people this past week that I look 17 so I can still pull the glitters off. The Benefit sales girl tried this color on me and I liked it. It is different and I didn't need a pink or gold color to add to my collection.

It's almost like a smoky eye. But you can wear it in the day time. I use the Show Offs loose powder in Miss Moon all over the lid and brow bone, then use the Stiletto Creaseless Cream on the lid, then in the crease I use the Gilded pencil.

I love the packaging. I am a sucker for makeup in glass containers. It makes the product seem old fashioned.

The price is $18 and that is expensive, but it looks to me like this will last a long while.

Is it creaseless, yes.
Is it long lasting, yes.
Is it for everyone, no. It's very dramatic. If you don't like pigment, then this color is not for you.

And I will be buying this again!

on 7/3/2007 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own RSVP and adore it, so I wanted to try another. Originally I wanted Get Figgy, but decided Stiletto was less like other purple shadows I own. It's a deep eggplant with a slight metallic-pinky sheen to it which is quite fetching, I just don't see myself using it that much to justify buying it again.
I have the Benefit brush to go with it, and it makes it a cinch to apply. It goes on smooth and is totally buildable - I've used it on top of powder e/s and vice versa. The color is great and more sheer than I thought, but too much on the brush at one time can leave a slight crepe-y effect on the lid. So even application is the key.
The packaging is adorable - a glass pot with a screw-top lid, and the lid is black with white birds on it. The box has a little card with a picture of either Betty, Lana or Gabbi (depending which "look" your shade is from) with an adorable quote on the back. However, I wish the lid had the name on it - since I have two of these, I can't tell which is which unless I flip it over.

on 7/7/2007 5:41:00 PM

This review is for the 2007 formula.

Product - This is a shimmery plum (red-toned purple) in the pot; on my lids (AAB/NC25) it's more of a shimmery/metallic rosy-plum. Smooth texture, with a drier feel than MAC Fluidlines. Applies smoothly, evenly, without skipping. Blends and smudges well then dries to a budgeproof finish. Stays put on my lids as they get oilier throughout the day and does not migrate. Can be applied or blended to a sheer finish or built up for more emphasis. I pat on with my fingertips for sheer looks and use a brush for lining or richer shading. Removes easily with wp makeup remover.

Comparisons - Similar in texture to MAC Fluidlines, but not as opaque. Definitely more plummy (red-toned) than BB Violet Ink. On my lids, it looks like BB Raisin Shimmer Wash e/s does in the pot.

Packaging - Sturdy glass pot with metal lid. Keep tightly closed to prevent the product from drying out. The Benefit graphics on the lid are actually a sticker... Pot is wide enough for fingertips.

Overall - Budgeproof and sheer/buildable, rich color. Lovely product but not a must-have shade for my preferences (YMMV). continued >>

on 8/28/2007 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful vivid plum color -- like mixing deep violet with hot pink. I mostly use this applied with a brush as a liner. It does work well as an all over eyeshadow if I apply a very thin layer using my fingertips ~it's actually one of the only plummy shades I've tried that doesn't make me look like I got punched in the eye. The one complaint I have with these new cream eyeshadows from Benefit, is that they are not completely crease-proof. They will travel a bit especially on oilier skins or in warmer weather. Definitely apply a primer beforehand for better staying power.

I thought it would bring out the color in my light brown eyes, but it actually just makes me look sickly. The purplish tone is pretty much the color of my veins and makes me look like a combo of getting punched and no sleep. Sigh.

on 2/17/2008 6:33:00 PM

It's so friggin expensive for the amount of product you get. It is 20 dollars canadian (same price as MAC paint pots) but you get way less product. Also, stiletto did not have as much color pay off as MAC paint pots.

I found the color to be alright.. but the fact that it doesnt go on very well (it is a bit 'oily').. makes me mad... one good thing is that it did NOT crease.. so thats a good thing.. which is why i am giving it an overall mark of TWO.

However, i suggest you go out and get MAC instead... a good similar color is the new MAC fafi collection paint pot in Nice Vice.. you bets hurry cuz its sold out on website and i just picked up the last one at my MAC counter. ;)
The color of the MAC one is a lot better too.. less 'sickly'.. as i saw someone describe the benefit stiletto as makin her look a bit sickly. I can see what she means by that ... i think it is the effect of the 'oily' sheer application of the product.. also the BeneFit one has a lot more red in it which can make one look sick.

on 4/28/2008 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is just a beautiful purple color. Most of the creaseless cream shadow/liners are really light in color, so I wouldn't use them as eyeliners, but this one is the perfect shade to do both with. Its not too dark to where you wouldn't want to wear it as eyeshadow, but dark enough that you can use it as an eyeliner as well. And its creaseless. Cream eyeshadows are the bomb, but they do dry up fairly quickly, so a word of warning: if you aren't going to use this very often, dry eyeshadow might be a better option. And the packaging is cute.

on 5/16/2008 3:17:00 AM

I really love the color but I find the application a little difficult compared to MAC paint pots. I definitely think these work better for people with dry skin but if you get oily lids, stick to Mac. I found this a little more difficult to blend and the lasting power not as great. I have been using with my MAC Bare Study Paint Pot and that seems help but will not be repurchasing in the future. Also you pay more for these than the paint pots but get less product.