BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

3.4

on 12/11/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I am used to MAC Paint Pots, so I thought let me give another brand a try and I tried Benefit in Stiletto. I thought it showed beautifully in the store on my forearm. I bought it at $20 w tax and all, took it home and wore it the next day, and I am one with really oily skin and this product was so sheer on me and was gone within a matter of an hour or two. I was sooo disappointed with it! .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Benefit gets 5 stars for awesome packaging. No other brand has upped the anty like they have. Other than that, the shadow is a nice color but I don't wear it very much. It does fade throughout the day even when you're wearing a base under it. It gets 4 stars because you can use it for multiple looks (eyeliner and eye shadow) and the color is very vivid and rich. It's a nice splurge but don't spend all your money on it.

on 4/14/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I am unable to resist purple things. This is dissapointing, though, as the purple is kind of sheer and not nearly as pigmented and pretty as it appears in the pot. For the price (20 bucks) it is a complete waste of money. Oh, and it's not "creaseless" either, which is one of it's two claims (the other being that it is cream- this one is true at least).

on 4/19/2009 5:15:00 PM

This was exactly how I wanted MAC's Artifact Paint Pot to be like, but I was disappointed with MAC. These BeneFit cream shadows are creamier and smoother than MAC's Paint Pots. Can't really comment on the creaselessness, but I highly doubt it's true, especially on my oily lids and it lasts over TFSI (well...anything would last on TFSI, but that's a different story). Love this and will repurchase. Beautiful colour :)

on 2/17/2008 6:33:00 PM

It's so friggin expensive for the amount of product you get. It is 20 dollars canadian (same price as MAC paint pots) but you get way less product. Also, stiletto did not have as much color pay off as MAC paint pots.

I found the color to be alright.. but the fact that it doesnt go on very well (it is a bit 'oily').. makes me mad... one good thing is that it did NOT crease.. so thats a good thing.. which is why i am giving it an overall mark of TWO.

However, i suggest you go out and get MAC instead... a good similar color is the new MAC fafi collection paint pot in Nice Vice.. you bets hurry cuz its sold out on website and i just picked up the last one at my MAC counter. ;)
The color of the MAC one is a lot better too.. less 'sickly'.. as i saw someone describe the benefit stiletto as makin her look a bit sickly. I can see what she means by that ... i think it is the effect of the 'oily' sheer application of the product.. also the BeneFit one has a lot more red in it which can make one look sick.

on 6/10/2007 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Um, about that first review down there, the color is not navy blue at all. It's aubergine which is defined by Webster as eggplant. I think you may have gotten Stiletto and Strut mixed up. Strut is a smoky denim color. Yes, I have the catalog right here with me.

Anyway, I love this color. I am a PINK girl, and when I am not a pink girl I am a GOLD girl. And I may add that I am 21, but I have been told by at least 2 people this past week that I look 17 so I can still pull the glitters off. The Benefit sales girl tried this color on me and I liked it. It is different and I didn't need a pink or gold color to add to my collection.

It's almost like a smoky eye. But you can wear it in the day time. I use the Show Offs loose powder in Miss Moon all over the lid and brow bone, then use the Stiletto Creaseless Cream on the lid, then in the crease I use the Gilded pencil.

I love the packaging. I am a sucker for makeup in glass containers. It makes the product seem old fashioned.

The price is $18 and that is expensive, but it looks to me like this will last a long while.

Is it creaseless, yes.
Is it long lasting, yes.
Is it for everyone, no. It's very dramatic. If you don't like pigment, then this color is not for you.

And I will be buying this again!

on 5/20/2003 4:57:00 PM

Initially I was a little nervous that this eyeshadow would make me look bruised - it is a deep navy blue. But applied with a light finger to just the lid, and it looks great! Would make a beautiful smoky-eye look. As with all the creaseless cremes I have tried so far, it really is creaseless, because it goes on SO light - it is completely weightless on my lid! i probably won't buy again simply because I hardly ever have occassion to wear navy eyeshadow, so I don't think I will ever use this up.