Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, FD&C Yellow 6, FD&C Red 40, D&C Red 33

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is just a overall great value. It comes in a huuuuge bottle and its dirt cheap. I believe its under 3 bucks at walmart. It is very watery though. I heard that they changed the formulation on it. It used to be thick but now its very thin. It does absorb nicely but i feel customers will be happier if it was creamier. But you can't beat the value considering how large this bottle is. I love queen helene products and this is another one that I can add to the list. I will warn those with skin conditions like eczema or any type of rashes...DON'T apply this onto your skin if you fit in that category. I have eczema and I thought this being cocoa butter will help with the discoloration..burns like crazy. So untill your skin decides to chill out don't use. Other than that, a cheap moisterizer for a very very low price.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Best product for stretchmarks that you can buy. If you have some at your local CVS and are suffering from stretch marks, slather this on them!! It makes a big difference and helps a lot in my opinion

To Read all 261 Reviews, Login or Join

I am writing this review cause I hate this product I bought this cocoa butter cause I have a scar on my forehead and bought this cause I heard cocoa butter is good for healing scars well anyways I used this for a couple of weeks all it did was burn my skin and left it red and some what swollen and it clogged my pores bad my skin has been peeing also so frustrating :(

I really love this lotion! It is a bit watery, but it absorbs very quickly and keeps my dry skin quenched. I am not a fan of super greasy lotions that never seem to sink in. I personally like the sweet cocoa butter smell, but it doesn't linger very long if that is a concern. This also makes a great non greasy facial moisturizer (the bottle says you can use this on your face), but during the winter months I personally need something heavier.
I use quite a few Queen Helene products because they are both budget friendly and cruelty free!

on 1/31/2016 3:58:00 PM

I wrote a review for the kind in the jar and now I'm re reviewing. This product is horrible it stinks like something other than coco butter and it is extremely drying on my legs n face it drie them out horribly especially my face now I have dry irritated patches from scratching. Plz avoid this if u have sensitive skin or very dry skin it is a cheap product that doesn't do what it claims to. Save your 2.00 and buy something else like keri lotion. And the jar version of this is just as bad it doesn't help wrinkles it is oily and dries out the skin with irritation.

on 1/5/2016 11:52:00 PM

I bought this lotion because it's cruelty free and cheap.
This product is very very VERY watery. I just spilled half the bottle. When it settled there was a clear line where the ingredients would seperate themselves, like oil and water and if i didnt shake it there would always be little chunks just floating around. It feels very strange when you first put it on like trying to use bar soap as a lotion. But once you get past that its very moisturizing and has a light scent. It works well as a facial moisturizer too, I dont think ill be buying this again.

on 11/26/2015 10:56:00 AM

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in lotion? When they test ingredients for sensitivity, they do a 24 hour patch test. This fails in that test, but it's the way that it's intended to be used that people unfortunately have misconceptions about (as a cleansing detergent, like in shampoos, or even in some conditions like Lush's, which help the other conditioning ingredients rinse out). In a shampoo, since it's mixed with other ingredients to decrease the chance of sensitivity and you're only leaving it in for a minute, for most people, it shouldn't be a problem. In a leave in product, however, is exactly *not* how it should be used, and what increases the chances of an allergic reaction, or dryness after repeated use. Stay away from this especially if you have any issues like eczema or psoriasis. Cheap, poor quality lotion :/

I am in LOVE with this lotion. You cannot beat the price for the amount of product is in that gigantic bottle! When I went to buy it, I noticed it looked watery in the bottle, but thought maybe it was just a thinner consistency lotion. My best friend recommended it to me and couldn't say enough about it. Back when she first recommended it to me (several months ago) I immediately went out and got some. It was super runny and watery. I immediately asked her if that was normal. She was about out and had to get some not long after I first purchased it. Hers was watery as well. I tried to use it in its watery state... But it was to much of a chore and I gave up. A couple months later she text me saying she had just bought another bottle and it wasn't watery. So again, I went out and bought it. Most amazing, cheap lotion ever, when it's not watery of course! My advice to those thinking about purchasing this is to turn the bottle sideways and if it looks watery to you, pass on it, and keep checking back. That was the first thing I did upon buying for the second time was to check if it was watery.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My skin gets oily super easy and this formula is very slippery/watery, so I was hesitant to use it. It went on very smooth and dried nice without being greasy or heavy. The smell is light and fresh. I went to the beach with my sister and I had applied this to my face and shoulders and I did not get sunburnt at all, meanwhile my sister was quite red. I got this lotion as a gift but I believe it is around $2 for a travel size bottle. This bottle has lasted me a while. I love the packaging and the print on the bottle is very clear and easy to read, while on other bottles you have to hold it close to your face to see it.

on 7/14/2015 11:47:00 PM

I've been using this lotion for over ten years, but the last couple times I've purchased it, it's been awful! So watery! So sorry to say I won't be purchasing this product again!