Bobbi Brown Makeup Palette (6-pan)

No Image

3.2

on 10/10/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love my compact!

I love that it has a humongous mirror! Mine is slapped full of my favorite colors for an entire face. I like to carry it around my house with me and put my makeup on in front of my sunniest window. My only problem, and to me its a big problem hence the four lippies, is that it seems once you pop an eyeshadow/blush compact out of its original packaging it's never seems quite secure. I mean, I may grip it too hard and something will pop out!! Thankfully that has only happened to me while it was closed but had it been open....disaster!! All in all, I'm still glad I purchased this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This palette system does not work for me at all. I rated it as "expensive" b/c of the products you buy to put into it though the plastic palette itself is not comparatively expensive at all.

I bought this palette with four eyeshadows (which I like well enough but nothing special--that's another review), but this thing is enormous. It doesn't fit into my makeup bag at all, so I don't use it as much as I would a more portable product. Also, when I try to use it, somehow I invariably wind up bumping it the wrong way and knocking the pans loose and having to fool with snapping them back down or sticking my fingernail into the bottom left-hand position's eye shadow which not only wastes expensive shadow but gets the dust all over me. Ok, I'll go one further--I REALLY do not like this product!

on 9/7/2004 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do appreciate my 6-Pan Palettes as it makes a heck of a lot easier to travel with what I want (they hold both blush and eye shadows). The mirror is full-size and a good one. But I just thought I'd let you know that they've just changed these palettes so that the interiors of the holes have an added "piece" to make whatever you pop into them hold more firmly. The MUA said it was because some folks had concerns that when they traveled the items would be loose and bang against the other side (which indeed was a concern to me). The problem is, these new holders hold the items so tightly you almost break a nail getting an item out. For example, I have one palette filled with blushes and it's easy to get them confused (eye shadows look so different but blushes are often very similar) so I'm always trying to pull the blushes out to check the labels. It would be *so* much better if their palettes and eye shadows/blushes used magnets like Stila, etc. This is an improvement in one way but a tremendous annoyance in another. I'll have to give 3 lippies because the good and the bad break even.

This is a really nice palette that will fit other brands besides Bobbi Brown (mine is currently holding some Jane blushes). Very elegant matte black case with tasteful lettering on the lid, and a full-size mirror on the inside. Beautiful and useful!

on 5/17/2003 1:32:00 PM

After a recent Bobbi Brown buying spree, I picked this up as a way to manage all that bulky packaging. Putting your shadows or blushes in this is indeed better than having to search through a big bag for the color you want, especially if you are cursed with solid-top pots. But it's far from perfect. The palette is quite bulky itself (I could never imagine traveling anywhere with this). The old, solid-top packages fit in a little too loosely, while the newer, shallower, clear-top pots have to be jammed in (with little hope of getting them out). Mine is also a bit tough to open.

Pricey, as all BB products are ($25), but in the end, worth it considering the alternative. A mirror is included.