Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Liquid in Mediterannean Coral

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Mediterranean Coral is a limited edition gloss and part of the Fire Island collection (Summer 2003). The shade is a gorgeous warm pinky coral *loaded* with gold flecks. Doesn't turn fucshia on my lips, I was afraid of that but happily that didn't happen :) I'm such a sucker for coral colors so I had to have it. My only gripe is that I didn't pick up another tube, I need a backup! *lol*

Much more attractive on your lips than in the tube. It's very flattering to my pinkish pale skin!

on 5/20/2004 12:59:00 PM

Lovely coral color! It is on the hot pink side, but if I don't put a ton on, it leaves a nice coral shimmer. The color in the tube is really pretty and sparkly! The pictures made me a bit nervous, I thought it would be super shiny but it is more shimmery. Lasts quite a while, packaging does not leak; if they offered it again I would repurchase.

on 7/5/2003 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, unfortunately I had to say I wouldn't repurchase it only b/c one it's a LE and two, it's clearly a summer only color. I'm really into pinky-peachy-golds right now so I have to say that this is a truly unique addition. With a tan, WOW! This color is just so beautiful and b/c so, you don't really need any other makeup. It totally compliments your skin by itself! (Not too many products can brighten you up like that!) I really like this product and think that it would work for almost any one w/any coloring this summer!

I really liked this shade, it went well with my coloring and other makeup colors. I did put a "base" of lip liner in a color close to my own lip under to prep and it stayed on a bit longer and sparkled.

This is a really really pretty color..a coppery pinkish coral with gold shimmer. Its got the same texture as all the other WSDL's. I love corals, but this one is just a little too bright for me.

on 5/31/2003 9:10:00 PM

This lipgloss is my first Maybelline purchase in 6 years and the reason I actually bought this is because it is an amazingly striking color. In the tube it looks like a bright pink orange with gold flowing through it. And on the lips it is a *gorgeous*, not so bright, pink coral with fine gold shimmer. It reminds me of Lancome's "coral rush" but with more pink. Such a pretty summer color! Too bad its LE. The only rant I have is that the color tends to fade a bit from the lips, but not too much.

on 5/30/2003 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I just want to start off by saying that I LOVE this color. I've just recently gotten into brighter colors and this one is great. On me it's a bright but sheer pinkish coral leaning more toward pink. (Hopefully it wont turn fuchsia on me) This is by far my favorite WSDL. It is limited edition which stinks but I'm going to buy at least three and I think that, it should hold me over until I get sick of bright lipglosses. I'll probably never even use up one but I will buy backup's just in case. If you see this color make sure to snatch it up before it's too late.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Mediterannean Coral is such a stunning color in the tube and when I first applied it all I could say was "wow". It looks amazing with my coloring (very fair skin, copper hair and green hazel eyes)-- very sexy indeed. However, when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror a few minutes later my lips were not a sexy coral but instead a bright hot pink (it looked like I had applied the Plum Solataire WSDL). Unlike a lot of ladies, I have never had problems with the WS l/s or l/g turning fuschia on me (and I must have 7 or 8 of each) but this one did. And it is the most beautiful one of all! *Sob* I adore this color though so I am hoping that maybe I used a "bad" lip balm underneath it... I will edit my comments for sure if I am able to make this stay true because the color is phenomenal!

on 5/28/2003 10:36:00 AM

This is a gorgeous color. There was only one left and I grabbed it right quick- I've been looking all over for Fire Island! It looks a little scary dark in the tube, but like most of the WSDL's, it goes on sheer and natural. This is the only lipgloss I have that's around the same sort of color as MAC Lychee Luxe, and you know that's purty. ;o) Get this one if you can find it! Great summer color.