Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an underrated foundation for someone with almost normal skin. I have dry combo skin and I usually get a bit shiny at the tip of my nose and that's it. The rest is very dry.

I had reservations when I first bought this foundation as it rarely gets mentioned in the YouTube community. It's so happen that Clinique was having their friends and family event and everything online was 25% off so I took the plunge and got the shade Ivory (03 VF-N) which perfectly matches my NC 20-25 skin tone (leaning more 20).

The first thing that got my attention was how silky this foundation was and how easy it was to blend in to your skin. This foundation gives a beautiful natural finish. It is not matte nor dewy which is perfect if you wish to hide textural issues with your skin.

Coverage is light medium. Some of my redness is still peeking through the foundation which can be easily fixed with a bit of concealer and powder.

Overall, it's a great foundation and the wear time is decent between 6 - 9 hrs for me. You can do some touch ups if you wish to extend the life of your makeup.

I hope this review helps xo

I really think this is a good foundation for combination to slightly dry or slightly oily skin. My skin is on the combination to oily side so I do get shiny throughout the day but I prefer that over more matte foundation, which tends to draw attention to the lines that have started to form at the corners of my mouth. This also doesn't seem to accentuate any dry patches I may be having and other foundations have. It doesn't last as long as some foundations but I've found that it lasts longer over a primer. I like to apply this with my fingers or a sponge. Applying these ways provides light to medium coverage, which I prefer to full coverage. This foundation doesn't feel heavy and there's a good shade selection, although many of the shades veer more pink. I have the shade alabaster and it matches me perfectly. The packaging is the only thing I don't like, as it would be so much easier to travel with in a plastic bottle with a squeeze tip. However, I would still suggest you give super balanced a try, it's a good foundation for combination skin. If you're skin is more oily, I would suggest trying a lighter moisturizer underneath with a mattifying powder on top.

This is a product I love as someone with very sensitive skin. I used this foundation exclusively from 18-25 but have had to switch it up since I now work 12 hour shift work in a highly air conditioned environment and I wanted something more long lasting and better coverage for some of my recent/reoccurring stress breakouts, that being said:

This is a great foundation to use if you want a natural and weightless makeup but don't have any skin issues at the moment to cover up. If you don't have any breakouts at the moment or any dire scarring this will brighten up your skin and give the appearance of just naturally good skin. If you do have skin issues you could still use this with a good concealer or a better coverage foundation where you need it. It's useful to note that I have combined this with multiple different foundations/concealers and it blends great.

Often times I still pull this one out for an event. I'll apply my more full coverage foundation where I need it and this where I don't. This does a particularly good job under the eyes and any place that catches light to give a more youthful but not greasy look.

Lastly the main selling point on this makeup is it doesn't stress out or damage your skin. After wearing it my skin feels better and more moisturized than before i put it on. It kept my skin in good condition and is the only product I've ever used that has never caused me a breakout. You could probably lather on 10 layers of this stuff and your pores still wouldn't get clogged. Not that this is something you need to try but I used to work very early morning shifts and would sometimes apply this before bed and my skin would look fabulous in the morning and without any breakout consequences.

This foundation looked terrible on my skin. If I touched my face it would come right off and on to my finger tips. It made the oily part of my face even more shiny and looked terrible on the dryer parts of my faces.

I love It , I was used like 5 bottles of this foundation ,my skin is combinated to oil T zone,but its look so natural and easy on face! perfect for day time! Also if my face in winter more dry its fit perfect:)

I am a 58 yo grandmother with some wrinkling and pigmentation. I changed from Estée Lauder Double Wear due to the drying affect it had. Tried Super balanced and was amazed at the coverage, although it says it is light to medium. Lovely silky feel and lasts all day. Doesn't eventuate wrinkles either. I usually buy Beige tinted, the lady chose Vanilla for me due to that extra bit of warmth in it. It is perfect. I use a brush to apply it, as I always have. Love. Love. Love.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay it's expensive, but it's bloody good and lasts all day. I've been using this foundation for years and I've never had any problems with it. I buff it on with my RT Expert Face Brush and top with Clinique loose powder.

Although it is a bit pricey for me this is the best foundation I've found so far.
I have combination to oily skin and I don't really have bad skin, not a lot of blemishes or acne scars, nothing like that, that's why I like this foundation, because it's light to medium coverage and a little goes a long way.
I do tho have sensitive skin, if the product is very low quality it will break me out right away!
This feels extremely light on my face, like I'm not wearing anything and blends marvelously and it evens out my skin and makes it look a lot more flawless and less pale (I'm also very very white).
Also the packaging is quite practical because it you pour out too much product on the back of your hand you can always put it back in the bottle, that way you don't waist any.
I have repurchased this a lot of times and I will again when mine runs out.
Hope this helped ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, i have super sensitive, dry combination skin, which makes it hard to find a foundation that suits my skin type.

I've been using this foundation for while now (its currently winter now so im not sure how it'll hold up in hot, humid Australian summer weather), but I really like this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly, doesn't oxidise, and lasts a decent amount of time on my face.
It provides a light to medium coverage, and it looks and feels like skin, so it creates a very natural appearance.
If you're looking for coverage though, maybe look else where as it doesnt cover my acne scars too well, however does a perfect job balancing out my skin tone.
Its finish and coverage doesnt seem to change no matter what applicator to use, so you can use either sponge or brush (which ever one you prefer).
However, it does tend to get oily, especially around my nose (but most foundations do that to me), so im not sure how this would hold up on oily skin types.
The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that it doesnt come with a pump and because of this i often pour out too much and waste it.
However, if you have dry combination skin i would recommend you to try it out :)

UPDATE: it's starting to get a bit warmer here so i've been testing out this foundation more. Unfortunately, i have found that the longevity of this foundation isn't as good as i thought. I'm at university for sometimes around 6 hours a day, and i found that this foundation starts to transfer and rub off. It also starts to look cakey around my nose area.
Im getting more disappointed unfortunately, because by the end of the day my foundation looks more oily and patchy in comparison to when i first applied it in the morning.
Due to this, ive reduced my original review down to 3 lippies.
Once again, this foundation is great for a natural look, it matches my skin perfectly, it doesn't oxidise, however, it's not the best long-wearing foundation.

I have super sensitive skin and for forever I could not touch a liquid foundation or I'd break out for weeks. Keep in mind I am NOT oily or really acne prone. My money would go to waste and then I'd have to search for another foundation. For years I had to use the bare minerals powder. A great foundation but was not enough for me, nothing will ever replace a good liquid foundation imo. I tried Clinique, hoping for something different and I definitely got it. This foundation is my HG. The price is cheap for what you get. It's a medium-full coverage foundation that gives you that nice glow with coverage that's not too heavy. NOT ONE BREAKOUT EITHER! I think the only thing I hate about this foundation is the packaging. I wish it had a pump or something - it's hard to get the right amount of foundation out. But a little definitely goes a long way with this foundation. Woohoo!