Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I made a big mistake buying thus foundation. It transfers, settles into lines and is not long wearing at all. It starts to break after a few hours. The only good thing is that it's super easy to apply. I'll finish the bottle but this is definitely the last foundation i buy from clinique. So disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a hard time rating this foundation. I've been loving it for a long period 15-10 years ago, so I desided to give it another try.

Pros:
- great shade range
- does not oxidize
- easy to apply and blend
- natural looking
- doesn't break me out
- doesn't settle into fine lines
- doesn't cling to dry patches

Cons:
- my skin is dry, but this foundation manages to my face greasy by the end of the day, very greasy!
- the staying power isn't great, needs to be reapplied in about 6 hours
- doesn't have the pump (pump can be bought separately, but retailers do not always have it in stiock)
- easily transfers onto my phone

I've been using this foundation on and off for about 4 years, it gives me a medium coverage without clinging to any patches on my skin, just lately I'm finding my t zone more oily than normal though and this foundation breaks down really badly really quickly so I've stopped using it for the time being, I love the little glass bottle although it's not great for travel and Clinique do a good range of shades

I have dry skin so this foundation wasn't really helping. After a while my face looked very oily and I would have to keep blotting. It also grabbed on to dry patches on my skin. It stayed on pretty well tho.

First of all, i have combination and sensitive skin. In 2015 i was looking for a great foundation that was right for my skin type and came across with Clinique Superbalanced Makeup, i gave it a try.
I love it so much, it doesn't feel heavy, after a long day of using the foundation i take it off as i am going to bed... and on the next day my skin is soft and the blemishes are reduced. It makes my skin feeling and looking healthy.
The coverage is good, the scent is alright. The only thing i would've change is the packaging, it should have a pump so it would be easy to regulate the quantity of product. At the beginning i would waste a lot of the foundation because of this factor.

TIP:
Girls and guys sometimes you may think your foundation is bad but it isn't try changing your primer. I had a bad primer once that would mess up once i applied my foundation over it, even with the expensive ones it would look cakey and uneven .

First off, I don't like the glass bottle. It makes it hard to get any product out of the bottle. Make sure you shake the bottle well prior to use as it does separate a bit. It does feel nice going on. There is no staying power however, and the coverage is what I'd consider light and at most barely medium. It also sinks into pores especially around the nose area and gets all weird and oily. So if you have issues with pores, I'd avoid this foundation. Best for people who need very light coverage and already have good skin. Better for younger people.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I would not buy this foundation again,it oxydizes like nothing and the customer service where I am is deplorable..no clinique no..

I love this foundation! Is the best I used so far (and I used quite a lot) and I'm finishing my 2nd bottle.

On my combination/oily skin, it lasts almost all day (8h) without separation but I need to set it with powder and mattify it trough out the day. It feels nice and light on the skin and I like to apply it with the Sephora 47 foundation brush.

I think Clinique sometimes is overlooked but it's a great brand with products that not break out or irritate the skin (my skin).

I recommended for everyone that wants a natural semi dewy finish that can be mattified easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an underrated foundation for someone with almost normal skin. I have dry combo skin and I usually get a bit shiny at the tip of my nose and that's it. The rest is very dry.

I had reservations when I first bought this foundation as it rarely gets mentioned in the YouTube community. It's so happen that Clinique was having their friends and family event and everything online was 25% off so I took the plunge and got the shade Ivory (03 VF-N) which perfectly matches my NC 20-25 skin tone (leaning more 20).

The first thing that got my attention was how silky this foundation was and how easy it was to blend in to your skin. This foundation gives a beautiful natural finish. It is not matte nor dewy which is perfect if you wish to hide textural issues with your skin.

Coverage is light medium. Some of my redness is still peeking through the foundation which can be easily fixed with a bit of concealer and powder.

Overall, it's a great foundation and the wear time is decent between 6 - 9 hrs for me. You can do some touch ups if you wish to extend the life of your makeup.

I hope this review helps xo

I really think this is a good foundation for combination to slightly dry or slightly oily skin. My skin is on the combination to oily side so I do get shiny throughout the day but I prefer that over more matte foundation, which tends to draw attention to the lines that have started to form at the corners of my mouth. This also doesn't seem to accentuate any dry patches I may be having and other foundations have. It doesn't last as long as some foundations but I've found that it lasts longer over a primer. I like to apply this with my fingers or a sponge. Applying these ways provides light to medium coverage, which I prefer to full coverage. This foundation doesn't feel heavy and there's a good shade selection, although many of the shades veer more pink. I have the shade alabaster and it matches me perfectly. The packaging is the only thing I don't like, as it would be so much easier to travel with in a plastic bottle with a squeeze tip. However, I would still suggest you give super balanced a try, it's a good foundation for combination skin. If you're skin is more oily, I would suggest trying a lighter moisturizer underneath with a mattifying powder on top.