Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

I have super sensitive skin and for forever I could not touch a liquid foundation or I'd break out for weeks. Keep in mind I am NOT oily or really acne prone. My money would go to waste and then I'd have to search for another foundation. For years I had to use the bare minerals powder. A great foundation but was not enough for me, nothing will ever replace a good liquid foundation imo. I tried Clinique, hoping for something different and I definitely got it. This foundation is my HG. The price is cheap for what you get. It's a medium-full coverage foundation that gives you that nice glow with coverage that's not too heavy. NOT ONE BREAKOUT EITHER! I think the only thing I hate about this foundation is the packaging. I wish it had a pump or something - it's hard to get the right amount of foundation out. But a little definitely goes a long way with this foundation. Woohoo!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was first super excited to try this foundation because ive heard a lot of great review about it. Also it's cheap! However when I saw it in person i didn't realize it was cheaper than the average branded foundations because it's a lot smaller too. But despite its size I still bought it. I tried it on the following day on top of a mattifying primer and unfortunately it still made my face really oily a couple of hours after application. Its sad because not only does the oil seep through, the foundation also looks like it's melting on my face. The weather isn't even hot or humid. I've honestly had better luck with drugstore foundations. Also the bottle doesn't have a pump or anything. You have to shake it and pour it out which sucks because it can get quite messy. All in all I'm disappointed.

To Read all 729 Reviews, Login or Join

I've used this foundation for years and I think I repurchased it about 3 or 4 times. This is easy to apply and get good results, the color matches my skin tone very decently, it doesn't dry my skin. When my skin is already dry, other foundations make that more obvious than this one. The smell is pretty neutral and it disspates quickly, I think. The only reason I didn't repurchase it again was the fact that it transfered onto my fiance's shirt when I hugged him (I fixed that by using a makeup setting spray by clarins, but that ran out at about the same time as the foundation and I decided it was an expensive combo).

The main problem here is the colour shades, they all have a pink undertone to them which for me is a problem as I already have red tones in my skin so I ideally need a yellow based shade. It's very annoying as it could be a decent foundation. I tend to find the shades in the Clinique foundations very poor! Please make more with yellow undertones!!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Meh. Underwhelming, light coverage, does nothing to hide blemishes, despite being recommended for oily skin it did bugger all to keep me matte, after about 5 hours of wear it had gone patchy.

Reminded me of a bb cream really, this would be great if you have non-oily, blemish free skin- the one thing I will say is the colour range is great, cream chamois is pretty much a perfect match for my skin at this time of year.

*TIP try layering this up in areas that need more coverage- its a good little blender so it shouldn't look thick, and definitely powder if you're oily.
Xx

This is my favourite foundation, it feels and looks like skin. Gives a natural even tone to the face. Light to medium coverage and lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for more than 6 years and I'm pretty satisfied. I use number 03 ivory and this color fits well with my own skin color. I have a normal to dry skin with an oily t-zone. This foundation moisturize the dry places and does not give a shiny or oily feeling at my t-zone. After application, my skin feels soft and has a natural color. The coverage is good to medium. I prefer natural foundations without 100% coverage otherwise my face will appear very unnatural. The product is allergy tested, fragrance free and oil-free and tolerable for sensitive skin. Definitely my favorite foundation!

This makeup has an excellent ability to spread over. It has a fluid texture that lets you get even coverage and it spreads sooo easily. It is hard to find a color light enough for me but, Breeze is perfect. This doesn't give you a "made up" look. You get a medium coverage that is smooth. It is not as moisturizing as other foundations but, it can be paired with a moisturizing sunscreen under it. There are no special bells and whistles. It's just a good makeup with good coverage and easy to spread.It reminds me of L'Oreal's True Blend.

Just finished up my first bottle a few days ago. I am afraid to admit that I've had this particular bottle since 2005! Yes, you read that correctly! It has taken me ages (obvio) because at one point I felt the colour (Cream Chamois) was a little too pink for me and, I got caught up in a billion other foundations eventually burying this one under a huge pile of ones I didn't care for. This summer, I made it a mission to finish 3 foundations by the end of the year and so this had to go first! The colour itself isn't as yellow as I prefer, it's a neutral tone that gives my skin a little warmth whilst looking like real skin. The formula was created to mattify oily areas and hydrate dry and even though my skin is combo (mostly oily), I didn't notice the mattifying properties. I am, however, one of those oily skinned women who prefers a glow. The more hydration the better and this foundation always makes me look and feel young because of the added moisture. It should be noted that there is no SPF in this which I'm ok with because I always use a separate one anyway (Cotz or Clinique City Block). I'll definitely repurchase but in a different shade and after I finish all of my other foundations ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Great foundation for my fair , combination skin.
It is hard for me to find a foundation in the right colour. I'm fair with red cheeks but I hate full coverage. This foundation gives a light to medium coverage and is very buildable.
I bought mine in Alabaster.
I can apply it with my hands but I found Out that buffing it is with a brush gives a nicer effect.
Without powder (I haven't found my HG setting powder yet) It Stays put for 6 hours on a warm day. With a primer (Smashbox) underneed it.
My t-zone starts to shine after 2 hours.
I got a sensitive skin and most foundations make my skin itch and breaking Out.
This one doesn't.