Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

I have dry skin so this foundation wasn't really helping. After a while my face looked very oily and I would have to keep blotting. It also grabbed on to dry patches on my skin. It stayed on pretty well tho.

First of all, i have combination and sensitive skin. In 2015 i was looking for a great foundation that was right for my skin type and came across with Clinique Superbalanced Makeup, i gave it a try.
I love it so much, it doesn't feel heavy, after a long day of using the foundation i take it off as i am going to bed... and on the next day my skin is soft and the blemishes are reduced. It makes my skin feeling and looking healthy.
The coverage is good, the scent is alright. The only thing i would've change is the packaging, it should have a pump so it would be easy to regulate the quantity of product. At the beginning i would waste a lot of the foundation because of this factor.

TIP:
Girls and guys sometimes you may think your foundation is bad but it isn't try changing your primer. I had a bad primer once that would mess up once i applied my foundation over it, even with the expensive ones it would look cakey and uneven .

First off, I don't like the glass bottle. It makes it hard to get any product out of the bottle. Make sure you shake the bottle well prior to use as it does separate a bit. It does feel nice going on. There is no staying power however, and the coverage is what I'd consider light and at most barely medium. It also sinks into pores especially around the nose area and gets all weird and oily. So if you have issues with pores, I'd avoid this foundation. Best for people who need very light coverage and already have good skin. Better for younger people.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I would not buy this foundation again,it oxydizes like nothing and the customer service where I am is deplorable..no clinique no..

I love this foundation! Is the best I used so far (and I used quite a lot) and I'm finishing my 2nd bottle.

On my combination/oily skin, it lasts almost all day (8h) without separation but I need to set it with powder and mattify it trough out the day. It feels nice and light on the skin and I like to apply it with the Sephora 47 foundation brush.

I think Clinique sometimes is overlooked but it's a great brand with products that not break out or irritate the skin (my skin).

I recommended for everyone that wants a natural semi dewy finish that can be mattified easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an underrated foundation for someone with almost normal skin. I have dry combo skin and I usually get a bit shiny at the tip of my nose and that's it. The rest is very dry.

I had reservations when I first bought this foundation as it rarely gets mentioned in the YouTube community. It's so happen that Clinique was having their friends and family event and everything online was 25% off so I took the plunge and got the shade Ivory (03 VF-N) which perfectly matches my NC 20-25 skin tone (leaning more 20).

The first thing that got my attention was how silky this foundation was and how easy it was to blend in to your skin. This foundation gives a beautiful natural finish. It is not matte nor dewy which is perfect if you wish to hide textural issues with your skin.

Coverage is light medium. Some of my redness is still peeking through the foundation which can be easily fixed with a bit of concealer and powder.

Overall, it's a great foundation and the wear time is decent between 6 - 9 hrs for me. You can do some touch ups if you wish to extend the life of your makeup.

I hope this review helps xo

I really think this is a good foundation for combination to slightly dry or slightly oily skin. My skin is on the combination to oily side so I do get shiny throughout the day but I prefer that over more matte foundation, which tends to draw attention to the lines that have started to form at the corners of my mouth. This also doesn't seem to accentuate any dry patches I may be having and other foundations have. It doesn't last as long as some foundations but I've found that it lasts longer over a primer. I like to apply this with my fingers or a sponge. Applying these ways provides light to medium coverage, which I prefer to full coverage. This foundation doesn't feel heavy and there's a good shade selection, although many of the shades veer more pink. I have the shade alabaster and it matches me perfectly. The packaging is the only thing I don't like, as it would be so much easier to travel with in a plastic bottle with a squeeze tip. However, I would still suggest you give super balanced a try, it's a good foundation for combination skin. If you're skin is more oily, I would suggest trying a lighter moisturizer underneath with a mattifying powder on top.

This is a product I love as someone with very sensitive skin. I used this foundation exclusively from 18-25 but have had to switch it up since I now work 12 hour shift work in a highly air conditioned environment and I wanted something more long lasting and better coverage for some of my recent/reoccurring stress breakouts, that being said:

This is a great foundation to use if you want a natural and weightless makeup but don't have any skin issues at the moment to cover up. If you don't have any breakouts at the moment or any dire scarring this will brighten up your skin and give the appearance of just naturally good skin. If you do have skin issues you could still use this with a good concealer or a better coverage foundation where you need it. It's useful to note that I have combined this with multiple different foundations/concealers and it blends great.

Often times I still pull this one out for an event. I'll apply my more full coverage foundation where I need it and this where I don't. This does a particularly good job under the eyes and any place that catches light to give a more youthful but not greasy look.

Lastly the main selling point on this makeup is it doesn't stress out or damage your skin. After wearing it my skin feels better and more moisturized than before i put it on. It kept my skin in good condition and is the only product I've ever used that has never caused me a breakout. You could probably lather on 10 layers of this stuff and your pores still wouldn't get clogged. Not that this is something you need to try but I used to work very early morning shifts and would sometimes apply this before bed and my skin would look fabulous in the morning and without any breakout consequences.

This foundation looked terrible on my skin. If I touched my face it would come right off and on to my finger tips. It made the oily part of my face even more shiny and looked terrible on the dryer parts of my faces.

I love It , I was used like 5 bottles of this foundation ,my skin is combinated to oil T zone,but its look so natural and easy on face! perfect for day time! Also if my face in winter more dry its fit perfect:)