La Roche Posay Anthelios XL ,SPF 60+

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL ,SPF 60+

3.5

Water, octocrylene, propylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane (avobenzone), drometrizole trisiloxane (Mexoryl XL), terephthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid (Mexoryl SX), triethanolamine,stearic acid, isopropyl palmitate, PVP/eicosene copolymer, dimethicone, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, carbomer, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77891, disodium EDTA, glyceryl stearate, glycine soja, hydroxypropyl methylcellulosa, methylparaben, PEG-100 stearate, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, stearyl alcohol, tocopherol, parfum, (F.I.L. C11264/1)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so I actually bought this by accident, thinking it was the fluid (it was in a "bonus/2 for 1 package and the cardboard packaging made it difficult to see what the product was). I also have about 5 minis of these which I carry in my purse and take for travel as well.

For starters, this stuff is greasy and will leave your face SHINY. But I use this on my hands/arms so that's not an issue but I've also started to use this as an eye cream for daytime. Ever since my beloved Clarins eye cream with sun screen was discontinued, I've been looking for something to replace it and I've still not found anything. Ole Henriksen, Clinique, Shiseido (now also discontinued) - none of them measured up. So I gave up, gave in and decided to give this a try. It works! And it is more moisturizing than Clarins's, which was very non-greasy (sort of a good thing since if I needed to, I could apply an eye cream underneath). I use a small amount (from the mini tube which is about the size of an eye cream tube) and make sure to get it where I have the most evidence of sun damage (2 spots in almost the exact same location on both eyes - I think it's where the sun has always been able to get past my glass or sun glasses, both of which do have sun protection coatings on them but they don't obscure my entire eye area from brows to half way down my face). If I let this sit for a few minutes, I find that concealer and other eye makeup all apply without any problems. And unlike a lot of other products I've tried (like Ole's SPF 15 eye cream) this does not sting my eyes, even in a hot yoga class, where I'm sweating profusely.

on 4/7/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I applied this liberally to clean skin (my arms), but I still burned. I tried this twice. The second time I shook the bottle more too make sure that the ingredients were well mixed. Didn't help.

Bottom Line: This sunscreen doesn't prevent block either UVA and/or UVB rays. No point in buying.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

this is the perfect sunscreen for me. non clogging, lasts for a while, give me a good level of moisture. i do get a bit of white cast but rubbing it in throughly really helps me.

on 6/19/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It's very good at protecting and moisturizg but leaves very white cast about 30 minutes after using it also very heavy and oily.But overall it works well for my sun intolerant skin and stays very long.I haven't got any temporary freckles after using this.

on 5/30/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Pros: lasted all day while working in the garden. Absorbed easily. Didn't sting or irritate my skin.

Cons: left a noticeably white, shiny cast for about 30 minutes. The US version is not equal to the European version.

I won't buy it again, but I don't regret the purchase.

on 4/6/2013 12:34:00 AM

Least terrible sunscreen I've used so far, but I'm *really* not a fan of sunscreen to begin with. Cons: Very shiny. Needs blotting by noon.

Pros: Moisturising. No clogs (and I have huge pores). Mixes with my foundation well. Doesn't run. I never tan wearing this and it's very easy to wash off. Lastly, I've been using it for about 1 year now - the first I've been willing to use up before trying something new. Definately willing to come back to this, and I'll stick with LRP line to try for better.

on 9/11/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After rave reviews by a few online gurus I was surprised how much I dislike this product. It sits in my drawer and every few months I try it again, to use it up. Each time...
- It feels very heavy and oily
- It aggravates my skin and promotes breakouts
- It make MOLES GROW! Yes, there's something so irritating in this stuff that a few days use will make small moles react to it and start to increase in size. Not good at all!!!
- I definitely cannot use it near my eyes without its oily formula migrating and causing irritation, plus it makes my under-eyes puffy, even though it's a "face and body cream".

on 5/20/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For a company with such reputation, this product is like Elmer's glue, even it says non-greasy, ultra comfort, yak yak yak etc. Applied on my freshly cleansed dry skin, about 1/3 teaspoonful on face & neck, some 20-30 minutes later, the skin was still tacky; this inaddition with the humidity & warm sweaty weather, my face will be like a Venus Fly Trap. I wouldn't even use it on my arms.

on 3/15/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this sunscreen for the high SPF because I am very fair and burn quite easily. I found this product too greasy for my oily skin. It was hard to spread and it did not sink into my skin and it felt like a mask. The next day I had bumps on my forehead. Thankfully Shoppers Drug mart let me exchange it for a different sunscreen. I bought Avene Lait 40 SPF this time (see my review for Avene). Bottom line, this La Roche sunscreen is a bit too greasy for the face, but I am sure if you are on the dry side, it would be ok, but only if you add some powder over top.

on 6/11/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my fave ever ss.

It is thick and shiny and moisturizes my skin and makes it look amazing. It doesn't flake off like the neutrogena. I like the texture alot and the sun protection really really works.

It lasts on the skin.

It FEELS great.

I fully plan to repurchase.