Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey

3.7

Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf,Trifolium Pratense (Red Clover), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Rosa Damascena (Rose-petal Red), Malva Moschata (Malva-Blue), Urtica Diocia (Nettle), Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance, Alkana Tinctoria Root, Annatto Seed.

I'm Latin and have very very long hair (down past my butt) . I bought this product because I needed somthing to tame the frizz on the ends of my hair. I usally use various hair oils and found them not to be doing that great a job on the ends of my hair as it got longer. The scent is light and does smell a bit like Mimosa (orange juice).The fragrance for me is pleasant and tolerable which is great for me because I am sensitive to frangrances. This product is a bit oily but it's a pomade it's supposed to be. It does the job of keeping everything together. I'm satisfied with this product and will be recommending to friends.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is a thick greasy, pomade type product. It is orange hued and has a pleasant citrus scent. It contains beeswax, which can cause build-up so apply with care. I used this strictly on my hair and not on my scalp (I do not use any products directly on my scalp). When doing twists it gave me medium hold and lead to very defined twist-outs. More than anything it made my hair look incredibly shiny. Many people commented on how lovely and shiny my twists looked when used this product. I wish this product was more versatile and offered some moisture but it works well for hair styling.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When it comes to my hair, i have naturally curly, very dry, fine textured hair. Now, i know that this product has been around for a long time. I believe that during such time, it has gone through being reformulated. I can say that the current version i have now has a very stinct citrusy+orange smell to it. The smell does linger. I am not a huge fan of it, but i am able to tolerate it. And, you have to be very careful about how much of this product you use in your hair, or it will get oily/greasy quick.

This product is simply a regular pomade, and does what pomades are supposed to do. Because it has beeswax, you have to be careful about buildup from such. Which is why, it is best to use this product in very small amounts. My initial reason for trying this stuff wasn't even for my hair, it was actually for my scalp, because i was diagnosed with having scalp eczema in the summer of 2015. This product did really nothing to soothe my scalp, and whenever I have used it in my hair, it leaves it with a greasy film on it.

I have moved on from using products that are laden with ingredients that are just plain out greasy and don't penetrate the hair shaft, but just sit on top making it oily to the touch. I no longer use any of Carol's Daughter's products, because the line just doesn't suit my hair and scalp needs' best. I instead go by the Curly Girl Method at this time, and choose to use DevaCurl products exclusively now, which happen to better suit both my hair and scalp much better overall.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I picked up the travel size of this item at Walmart after my mother raved about it after her hair dresser used it. I didn't expect much from the product when I picked it up. It claims to have many uses for scalp and also for hair. I used it all over my scalp after I washed my hair before I blow dried and also I applied every other day to my hair. After a week I noticed a difference in my hair. It felt more soft and it was incredible shiny. My scalp was nowhere as itchy and dry as it normally was. I also have a relaxed hair texture. I love this and cant wait to pick this up in a full size after I run out of my travel size.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought a small jar online from target and I just started using it about a month ago but Ive had it for a while now. I can say that the scent is strong does not smell like honey and idk what mimosa smells like but the overall smell isnt bad just smells like hair grease anyhow I started out using this on my ends and it made a difference so I put it all over my hair and use the excess left on my hands to moisturize my hands it works great for dry skin. The only issue is that this does not wash out of hair easily but as far as my hair texture when I apply this it does give a shine and smoothness. I would use this product over any other hair grease of its type and I have used many over the years such as dax, blue magic, african pride, b&b , pink oil, moisture max , liv , etc. btw I am latina but with african american relaxed hair texture if that helps any and idk how it would work on natural hair but it works fine for mine.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm not impressed by any of these carol daugther's products. This product specifically is much too greasy to use on any hair imo. It makes my hair super greasy/oily, and the scent is sooo overpowering- citrusy. While it makes the hair super oily, my scalp feels super itchy and irritated when using this (may be from all of the perfumes)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I agree with most of the positive reviews here. Used in conjunction with Healthy Hair Butter, this product helps define and smooth my relaxed, air dried midback length hair.

My problem with CD is that corn oil and soybean oil do NOTHING healthy for the hair. There are only three oils that are known to actually penetrate the hair shaft; olive, avocado and coconut. Argan oil may also belong to this group but I don't know whether any scientific studies have shown this.

CD makes such a big deal about using all natural ingredients. For the prices they charge they should be using more effective, better quality oils.

UPDATE- I have sworn off all CD products. They are obnoxious smelling, over priced and made with cheap ingredients that do little for the health of your hair.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the few Carol's Daughter products that I like. Most seem cheap and smell awful. This smells a little orangy and floral, still not the best I have ever smelled, but i can handle it. A little goes a long way as other reviewers have noted.It makes my hair super shiny and healthy looking. Best of all, and what keeps me coming back is how soft it makes my flat ironed hair. Sample first if you can.

I have relaxed hair, and use the hair honey on my edges and ends of my hair. Overall the product is pretty decent, I like that it has natural ingredients in it. It can weigh your hair down, so you don't need a lot.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this about 2 to 3 years ago and it is still half way. The smell is OK, but it doesn't do anything special to my hair. If used in large quantity, be prepared to wash your hair again as it EXTREMELY greasy. I honestly don't see what the big fuss is about this brand. I think it's just a trend. All the products I've smelled make me gag a little.

Popular Styling Products