Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 18 & Under
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

on 12/29/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've found that all leave-ins work basically the same, so usually I just find whatever is the cheapest. I chose this one because it's one of the few drugstore brands that does not test on animals, and I'm fairly happy with it.
It comes in a red-and-white shiny spray bottle. I mist it all over my hair when I don't want to pull and tug at my hair and it feels particularly tangled, or I spray it directly on a knot. It does a decent job of detangling. I don't notice any extra shine or conditioning, but it delivers what you pay for.
My only real complaint is the smell: it's a hairspray-ish scent that reminds me exactly of Pantene shampoos and conditioners. This is NOT a good thing, because I can't stand the awful ingredients and fillers companies like Pantene use. Furthermore, the scent actually lasts and I'll catch little whiffs of it throughout the day.
This was okay, but I'm not interested in repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It provides a lot of protection. One of the best formulated leave-ins I've seen.

But the smell leaves you wondering what went wrong. I actually thought this smelled good at first. Pantene leave in smells good, this smells like a cheap hairspray.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

on 1/16/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product, it's my HG! Here is the full description from the bottle:

VO5 Detangle & Shine: Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner
Get your hair out of its tangle with VO5 Detangle & Shine. This weightless leave-in conditioner protects hair from damage caused by brushing and heat application. The vitamin-enhanced formula delivers moisture, transforming hair from tangled and dry to soft, smooth, and manageable.

I have very fine hair. I started using this product because I was afraid my hair was becoming damaged from brushing and using a hair dryer every day. This spray detangles, conditions, and protects my hair from heat. My friends have commented on how smooth and healthy my hair looks, and I think it's thanks to this product. It gives my hair the protection and conditioning it needs. I've been using this for about two or three years now, and I don't plan to stop.

Love!! Plus, no animal testing!! Smell's a lil funky, but it wears off after a few min.

Popular Styling Products