Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.

on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product when I first bought it, but I think my hormones have changed since then, and it's just not enough for my gnarly hair anymore.

It's great for detangling and adding extra softness to the ends of your hair, but it's not a stand alone conditioner. I still need to use a traditional conditioner in the shower, and then I can use this in addition to that.

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works!! and it's so cheap! don't buy expensive designer brand hair products!
This detangles and does not leave hair feeling oily or greasy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

on 5/4/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I hate to give products bad reviews but i feel robbed after purchasing this. My hair is very dry and damaged from coloring and using a hot iron. So i bought this on the promise that it would detangle and condition my hair. It did nothing. I might as well have sprayed pure alcohol on my hair! It's awful. Does NOT detangle, does NOT condition. It's just like spraying alcohol or water on your hair. Dried it out even more. I want my money back! Awful! Do not buy!

on 1/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

This is a product I have repurchased several times. I spray this in my very fine/thin hair after I towel dry it, and it combs through easily and looks and feels soft and silky but does not weigh it down. I've tried many many other similar products including expensive salon quality products and still came back to this.

on 3/24/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this product in conjunction with the other products that I used at the same time (Hempz Hydrating Shampoo, Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner, and Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy). I'm not sure how each product works alone, but this combination was like MAGIC for my long, thick, and coarse hair!
I was already using Hempz Hydrating Shampoo and the matching conditioner, but since the conditioner is in a small tube, rather than a bottle, I ran out. I decided to run to Wal-Mart and pick up what seemed like a good conditioner until I could run out to ULTA and pick up more Hempz. I loved the smell of the Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner (smells like a banana split), so I bought it. I also remembered reading on MUA how Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy was great for coarse hair, so I picked it up too. On the way home I remembered that I had run out of my favorite detangler, Sunsilk, so I stopped by Walgreens, but was told by the cashier in the beauty dept. that Sunsilk was discontinuing this product, so I decided to go with VO5 Detangle and Shine.
After trying all of the products together, I was so pleased with all of my choices! My hair is silkier and softer than it has ever been. What a transformation in just one week! I don't know which product made this happen, so I'm crediting them all! I encourage anyone with long, thick, and coarse hair to try this combo. It's worked miracles for my hair!

Popular Styling Products