Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Price: $

on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Overall a great product! I am ALWAYS looking for leave-in's as my hair is finally getting back to normal after years of wear and tear with numerous types of extensions and bleaching/coloring. It is fine, long and color treated so I tend to get split ends and tangles very easy. My hair itself is pretty shiny looking but I wanted a gentle detangler. This does the job nicely without making my hair greased out and limp. The scent lingers but it is pretty nice and fresh smelling. My hair is very soft and smooth feeling after styling - however like others I haven't noticed too much of a difference in the shine department. All in all I like it and would repurchase it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product does work fairly good at detangling the hair and adding some shine to it.

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

on 1/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

This is a product I have repurchased several times. I spray this in my very fine/thin hair after I towel dry it, and it combs through easily and looks and feels soft and silky but does not weigh it down. I've tried many many other similar products including expensive salon quality products and still came back to this.

Popular Styling Products