Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Price: $

on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works!! and it's so cheap! don't buy expensive designer brand hair products!
This detangles and does not leave hair feeling oily or greasy.

on 3/23/2008 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This makes my hair SUPER soft! I just use a few sprays (3 actually) on my unbrushed towel dry hair, comb through it and wahla when I blow dry it (or let it air dry) it is super soft. It adds a touch of moisture (I use a regular contioner in the shower, as this alone is not enough). I agree with the other reviewer it prevents my hair from being staticy. I like it better than others I have tried (aussie, infusium, other expensive salon brands). I will definitely continue to buy. I like the scent and after it's dry I really have to try hard sniffing it to smell it, so it definitely fades and isn't overpowering.

Walgreens is the only place I have had any luck finding this spray.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells awesome, is dirt cheap and really does detangle. I like this just as much as Thermasilk's leave-in detangling spray.

I got this on sale for about $2 at Rite-Aid. It is a decent detangler, and made my hair shiny, but I can't stand the smell!! It's this weird fruity-floral thing, a bit hard to describe. For that reason, I don't think I'll buy it again.