Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product when I first bought it, but I think my hormones have changed since then, and it's just not enough for my gnarly hair anymore.

It's great for detangling and adding extra softness to the ends of your hair, but it's not a stand alone conditioner. I still need to use a traditional conditioner in the shower, and then I can use this in addition to that.

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

i switched to this spray after my dove in the blue bottle was discontinued. it does a very good job in detangling my hair.( my hair is very light blonde, and very dry from being color-treated) also i think the smell is great. however i havent noticed any difference in the shine of my hair. i did not purchase it for that reason. but as for detangling it does an awesome job. best part , not tested on animals!

on 1/16/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product, it's my HG! Here is the full description from the bottle:

VO5 Detangle & Shine: Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner
Get your hair out of its tangle with VO5 Detangle & Shine. This weightless leave-in conditioner protects hair from damage caused by brushing and heat application. The vitamin-enhanced formula delivers moisture, transforming hair from tangled and dry to soft, smooth, and manageable.

I have very fine hair. I started using this product because I was afraid my hair was becoming damaged from brushing and using a hair dryer every day. This spray detangles, conditions, and protects my hair from heat. My friends have commented on how smooth and healthy my hair looks, and I think it's thanks to this product. It gives my hair the protection and conditioning it needs. I've been using this for about two or three years now, and I don't plan to stop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great product for only 3 dollars!! I bought it to replace my aveda heat protecting spray and this is the only low end brand product that detangles and adds shine that is a heat protecting spray (read the small writing on the back to see its also a heat spray/most are only for detangling and shine so i had to mention) It has an awesome fruity scent that smells much like herbal escense shampoo... I have thin knotty hair and it detangled my hair like magic, and when i dried it my hair felt soft and looked shiny. Its not as light as the aveda formula so i recommend you spray only a little, or spray it in your hands and run it through your hair or on top so it doesnt weigh it down. You really cant go wrong with this product, id pay much more for it if i had to. Will def buy again and recommend to my friends

on 12/8/2003 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff ROCKS!!! My hair gets all coarse and puffy when I blow-dry and this helps keep it smoother and flatter. My hair's looking alot healthier now.

I liked it, detangles well, adds shine. The only reason I will not buy again is because I got sick of the smell, and I want to get something with more natural ingredients.