Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I had no luck with this at all. I was trying to find a more "grown-up" replacement for the L'Oreal kids' detangler I'd been using every day for years (you know, the pear-scented one). So I bought this, even though it was more expensive than the L'Oreal. I've tried it a few times now, and I'm going to have to give it away or just toss it. It doesn't even TRY to detangle my thick, naturally curly, just-past-the-shoulders hair.

I've just recently had my hair TR'd, and this product still can't detangle me even with straight locks! Back to the pear-scented L'Oreal kids' detangler for me.

honestly, this doesnt do anything, it sure doesnt protect from heat!! it smells good, maybe a litttle bit of shine not really, and as far as detangling..yea right this cant get out the tiniest knot and it does nothing for my damaged hair or frizzies

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Feh. I have curly hair that tangles easily, and this does very little. I have to keep spraying it on, and then, after a good hack or two with my wide-toothed comb, it works. It doesn't prevent breakage at ALL. Just...feh.

on 11/30/2003 3:41:00 PM

I bought this and sprayed it in my hair and blew it dry, and it made my hair poofy and stiff. The smell is kind of weird, not want I want my hair to smell like. I read a good review of it in a magazine, and bought it. It was dissapointing though, I don't know, maybe it just doesnt work for my color-treated, long, thick hair?

I picked this up when I couldn't find my TRESemme leave-in conditioner. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I thought it would work out ok, but it does nothing to moisturize and barely does anything for detangle purposes. I'll finish the bottle but I'll continue the search for my (hopefully not discontinuted) TRESemme leave in.

on 3/21/2006 12:12:00 PM

Decent product as far as accompanying my Frizz Ease conditioner, but it's nothing special. I grabbed this when I left my HG FE Leave-In at home and it served its purpose but it just can't compare. Oh, well, it's cheap anyway and kept the frizz to a minimum.

on 8/13/2005 6:02:00 PM

I decided to try this because another reviewer said it was very similar to Ouidad Botanical Boost. I thought it was a very ordinary and average detangler, no better than Suave's Detangling Spray. And the scent is truly gag inducing. I had to look very hard to find this, and I suspect that it has been discontinued and replaced by the Miracle Mist conditioning spray (one of the new products in the red packaging). That's just a guess though.

It does an okay job with detangling and providing shine but the smell is just absolutely awful (it is way too strong for my liking).

I got this on sale for about $2 at Rite-Aid. It is a decent detangler, and made my hair shiny, but I can't stand the smell!! It's this weird fruity-floral thing, a bit hard to describe. For that reason, I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.