Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.5

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

on 12/29/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've found that all leave-ins work basically the same, so usually I just find whatever is the cheapest. I chose this one because it's one of the few drugstore brands that does not test on animals, and I'm fairly happy with it.
It comes in a red-and-white shiny spray bottle. I mist it all over my hair when I don't want to pull and tug at my hair and it feels particularly tangled, or I spray it directly on a knot. It does a decent job of detangling. I don't notice any extra shine or conditioning, but it delivers what you pay for.
My only real complaint is the smell: it's a hairspray-ish scent that reminds me exactly of Pantene shampoos and conditioners. This is NOT a good thing, because I can't stand the awful ingredients and fillers companies like Pantene use. Furthermore, the scent actually lasts and I'll catch little whiffs of it throughout the day.
This was okay, but I'm not interested in repurchasing.

on 12/21/2007 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a detangler, this product is just so-so. However, as static-preventer, it's great. I spray it on my damp hair and have noticed a major difference in winter static when I use this. It doesn't last long, though. I wash my hair every other day, and by the 2nd day, the static is back. It works great for that first day, though. On the 2nd day, I use Neutrogena Triple moisture Silk Touch Leavin-in Cream and my hair is great. No more winter frustrations thanks to these two products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

Popular Styling Products