Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

I am surprised at the relatively above-average rating for this product because it is CRAP!!! It actually made my hair even more tangled and less shiny!! And worst part of all--it broke out my forehead in all these horrible flesh-colored clogged pores that took forever to get rid of! I hated this and was ready to get rid of it after I discovered all these issues. Sad that this didn't work but it only cost a couple dollars, so I didn't feel to guilty parting ways with this product after all.

Love this ♥! It's super cheap and really works at getting those gnarly tangles out. If I didn't have this for my comb out after my shower I literally would lose fist fulls of hair.

on 9/7/2006 1:44:00 PM

This is one of the few detanglers that works on my fine, curly hair. The smell is kind of odd, but it fades later on.

on 8/31/2005 12:40:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin that is prone to breakouts. Long, layered and very slightly wavy hair that is fine but has a LOT of volume.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Spray that adds shine and helps detangle hair. Around $3 US at most drugstores. 295 mL/10 fluid ounces.

PACKAGING This product comes in a standard plastic spray bottle. Not particularly chic but it works. If I could make improvements on it, I would add grip or make the shape more ergonomic. I sometimes have a problem with the bottle slipping out of my hands when I use it right after I get out of the shower.

SHINE It adds shine but not a jaw-dropping amount. If I bought this for the shine, I would have been disappointed.

DETANGLING This is what I bought this product for... and it has made me very happy! I was tired of painstakingly applying conditioner evenly throughout my long and voluminous hair and rinsing it off carefully. Sometimes I would be in such a rush that I would forget to rinse it off and I would have to jump back into the shower. If I don't do all of this, I would never be able to comb my hair without pain or a lot of lost hair.

Detangle and Shine has ended all of that. I just spritz it onto my hair and my comb easily runs through. It takes less than a minute to do. I can use it on dry or wet hair too. Even though conditioning used to take me about ten minutes, that's ten minutes every morning when I am just hurrying to get the day started!

TEXTURE OF HAIR This product leaves my hair so soft!

SCENT When I first smelled this product, I didn't get why people were giving it such a bad review. It has a flowery, fruity smell that is slightly reminiscent of hairspray. It does smell synthetic but I liked it. However, I saw what the big fuss was all about when I actually used the product all over my hair. It felt like I was surrounded by some sort of noxious, poisonous gas. Truly gag-inducing. It smelled like thick, musty old-lady perfume.

However, I have learned to live with it. I simply hold my breath, spritz and leave the bathroom immediately. The upside is that the scent dies down when the product dries on my hair and becomes that pleasant floral/fruity aroma that I liked.

OVERALL GREAT product that has cut a lot of time out of my morning routine. Considering how little of the product I use to get the desired effect, it may actually be more economical to use than even the cheapest conditioners. I will definitely repurchase unless I find an even more inexpensive alternative.

I took off one point for the scent though. continued >>

on 6/26/2004 9:11:00 PM

I was not impressed with this at all...maybe I was expecting it to condition my hair!?!? Did a so-so job of detangling,I did not notice any additional shine,and,let's talk about the smell a minute...PEE-YEW!! Ugh. I do not want my hair smelling like that!Like nasty ass...to quote a famous MUA'er! Tossed this one in the trash after I gave it 3 chances. I have color treated fine but thick hair,collarbone length.

Popular Styling Products