Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.9

on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.

on 5/4/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I hate to give products bad reviews but i feel robbed after purchasing this. My hair is very dry and damaged from coloring and using a hot iron. So i bought this on the promise that it would detangle and condition my hair. It did nothing. I might as well have sprayed pure alcohol on my hair! It's awful. Does NOT detangle, does NOT condition. It's just like spraying alcohol or water on your hair. Dried it out even more. I want my money back! Awful! Do not buy!

i switched to this spray after my dove in the blue bottle was discontinued. it does a very good job in detangling my hair.( my hair is very light blonde, and very dry from being color-treated) also i think the smell is great. however i havent noticed any difference in the shine of my hair. i did not purchase it for that reason. but as for detangling it does an awesome job. best part , not tested on animals!

on 12/29/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've found that all leave-ins work basically the same, so usually I just find whatever is the cheapest. I chose this one because it's one of the few drugstore brands that does not test on animals, and I'm fairly happy with it.
It comes in a red-and-white shiny spray bottle. I mist it all over my hair when I don't want to pull and tug at my hair and it feels particularly tangled, or I spray it directly on a knot. It does a decent job of detangling. I don't notice any extra shine or conditioning, but it delivers what you pay for.
My only real complaint is the smell: it's a hairspray-ish scent that reminds me exactly of Pantene shampoos and conditioners. This is NOT a good thing, because I can't stand the awful ingredients and fillers companies like Pantene use. Furthermore, the scent actually lasts and I'll catch little whiffs of it throughout the day.
This was okay, but I'm not interested in repurchasing.

I picked this up when I couldn't find my TRESemme leave-in conditioner. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I thought it would work out ok, but it does nothing to moisturize and barely does anything for detangle purposes. I'll finish the bottle but I'll continue the search for my (hopefully not discontinuted) TRESemme leave in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great product for only 3 dollars!! I bought it to replace my aveda heat protecting spray and this is the only low end brand product that detangles and adds shine that is a heat protecting spray (read the small writing on the back to see its also a heat spray/most are only for detangling and shine so i had to mention) It has an awesome fruity scent that smells much like herbal escense shampoo... I have thin knotty hair and it detangled my hair like magic, and when i dried it my hair felt soft and looked shiny. Its not as light as the aveda formula so i recommend you spray only a little, or spray it in your hands and run it through your hair or on top so it doesnt weigh it down. You really cant go wrong with this product, id pay much more for it if i had to. Will def buy again and recommend to my friends

I liked it, detangles well, adds shine. The only reason I will not buy again is because I got sick of the smell, and I want to get something with more natural ingredients.

Popular Styling Products