Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.

Love this ♥! It's super cheap and really works at getting those gnarly tangles out. If I didn't have this for my comb out after my shower I literally would lose fist fulls of hair.

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works!! and it's so cheap! don't buy expensive designer brand hair products!
This detangles and does not leave hair feeling oily or greasy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

on 1/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

This is a product I have repurchased several times. I spray this in my very fine/thin hair after I towel dry it, and it combs through easily and looks and feels soft and silky but does not weigh it down. I've tried many many other similar products including expensive salon quality products and still came back to this.

on 3/24/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this product in conjunction with the other products that I used at the same time (Hempz Hydrating Shampoo, Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner, and Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy). I'm not sure how each product works alone, but this combination was like MAGIC for my long, thick, and coarse hair!
I was already using Hempz Hydrating Shampoo and the matching conditioner, but since the conditioner is in a small tube, rather than a bottle, I ran out. I decided to run to Wal-Mart and pick up what seemed like a good conditioner until I could run out to ULTA and pick up more Hempz. I loved the smell of the Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner (smells like a banana split), so I bought it. I also remembered reading on MUA how Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy was great for coarse hair, so I picked it up too. On the way home I remembered that I had run out of my favorite detangler, Sunsilk, so I stopped by Walgreens, but was told by the cashier in the beauty dept. that Sunsilk was discontinuing this product, so I decided to go with VO5 Detangle and Shine.
After trying all of the products together, I was so pleased with all of my choices! My hair is silkier and softer than it has ever been. What a transformation in just one week! I don't know which product made this happen, so I'm crediting them all! I encourage anyone with long, thick, and coarse hair to try this combo. It's worked miracles for my hair!

on 3/23/2008 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This makes my hair SUPER soft! I just use a few sprays (3 actually) on my unbrushed towel dry hair, comb through it and wahla when I blow dry it (or let it air dry) it is super soft. It adds a touch of moisture (I use a regular contioner in the shower, as this alone is not enough). I agree with the other reviewer it prevents my hair from being staticy. I like it better than others I have tried (aussie, infusium, other expensive salon brands). I will definitely continue to buy. I like the scent and after it's dry I really have to try hard sniffing it to smell it, so it definitely fades and isn't overpowering.

Walgreens is the only place I have had any luck finding this spray.
continued >>

on 1/16/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product, it's my HG! Here is the full description from the bottle:

VO5 Detangle & Shine: Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner
Get your hair out of its tangle with VO5 Detangle & Shine. This weightless leave-in conditioner protects hair from damage caused by brushing and heat application. The vitamin-enhanced formula delivers moisture, transforming hair from tangled and dry to soft, smooth, and manageable.

I have very fine hair. I started using this product because I was afraid my hair was becoming damaged from brushing and using a hair dryer every day. This spray detangles, conditions, and protects my hair from heat. My friends have commented on how smooth and healthy my hair looks, and I think it's thanks to this product. It gives my hair the protection and conditioning it needs. I've been using this for about two or three years now, and I don't plan to stop.

I need a leave-in product to condition my hair, no matter how moisturizing my rinse-out conditioner is. I need one everyday, even when I don't wash my hair, because my hair is wavy and can get frizzy and unruly. Not only that, when I get ready in the mornings, my hair's a knotty mess. This product loosens those knots, protects my hair from my frequent blw-drying, and has the added benefit of making my hair more breakage resistant over time, and all without build-up. I think it smells great and has plenty of natural ingredients in it. I also think that it comes in a very elegant spray bottle--very pleasing.

My biggest complaint (if you can call it that) is that it is exceedingly hard to find. I think that it's being discontinued, because I can't find it anywhere!

EDIT: Okay, I've finally found this product again, and now I understand what's up with the horrible reviews. THEY REFORMULATED IT!! It is now in a packaging similar to the REDstylers, and their natural ingredients have been replaced with 'cones and the like. I like cones, but I hate spray-ins with so many, because I use other cone-y products and don't want build up. I'll keep the rating as 5 lippies for the old, but the new stuff really stinks.

Popular Styling Products