Alberto Vo5 detangle and shine spray

Alberto Vo5 detangle and shine spray

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I am surprised at the relatively above-average rating for this product because it is CRAP!!! It actually made my hair even more tangled and less shiny!! And worst part of all--it broke out my forehead in all these horrible flesh-colored clogged pores that took forever to get rid of! I hated this and was ready to get rid of it after I discovered all these issues. Sad that this didn't work but it only cost a couple dollars, so I didn't feel to guilty parting ways with this product after all.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

on 5/4/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I hate to give products bad reviews but i feel robbed after purchasing this. My hair is very dry and damaged from coloring and using a hot iron. So i bought this on the promise that it would detangle and condition my hair. It did nothing. I might as well have sprayed pure alcohol on my hair! It's awful. Does NOT detangle, does NOT condition. It's just like spraying alcohol or water on your hair. Dried it out even more. I want my money back! Awful! Do not buy!

I had no luck with this at all. I was trying to find a more "grown-up" replacement for the L'Oreal kids' detangler I'd been using every day for years (you know, the pear-scented one). So I bought this, even though it was more expensive than the L'Oreal. I've tried it a few times now, and I'm going to have to give it away or just toss it. It doesn't even TRY to detangle my thick, naturally curly, just-past-the-shoulders hair.

I've just recently had my hair TR'd, and this product still can't detangle me even with straight locks! Back to the pear-scented L'Oreal kids' detangler for me.

This has zero detangling qualities which makes it completely useless. My hair is barely tangles (medium length and semi-thick straight hair) and this cannot get out the tiniest tangle. I tossed it.

on 6/26/2004 9:11:00 PM

I was not impressed with this at all...maybe I was expecting it to condition my hair!?!? Did a so-so job of detangling,I did not notice any additional shine,and,let's talk about the smell a minute...PEE-YEW!! Ugh. I do not want my hair smelling like that!Like nasty ass...to quote a famous MUA'er! Tossed this one in the trash after I gave it 3 chances. I have color treated fine but thick hair,collarbone length.

honestly, this doesnt do anything, it sure doesnt protect from heat!! it smells good, maybe a litttle bit of shine not really, and as far as detangling..yea right this cant get out the tiniest knot and it does nothing for my damaged hair or frizzies

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Feh. I have curly hair that tangles easily, and this does very little. I have to keep spraying it on, and then, after a good hack or two with my wide-toothed comb, it works. It doesn't prevent breakage at ALL. Just...feh.

on 11/30/2003 3:41:00 PM

I bought this and sprayed it in my hair and blew it dry, and it made my hair poofy and stiff. The smell is kind of weird, not want I want my hair to smell like. I read a good review of it in a magazine, and bought it. It was dissapointing though, I don't know, maybe it just doesnt work for my color-treated, long, thick hair?

I picked this up when I couldn't find my TRESemme leave-in conditioner. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I thought it would work out ok, but it does nothing to moisturize and barely does anything for detangle purposes. I'll finish the bottle but I'll continue the search for my (hopefully not discontinuted) TRESemme leave in.

Popular Styling Products