Alberto Vo5 detangle and shine spray

Price: $

on 7/23/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see their are mixed reviews here. I personally like this. I was in the supermarket and noticed not a lot of companies still do the spray leave in conditioners. I remember in the 90's every brand seemed to have one. I grabbed Alberto Vo5 because it's so cheap. I think it's not the best out there but it still works very good. I do have to spritz a lot in to get the best results (12-15 pumps of spray). My hair is very thick, color treated, dry, long past bra strap and has the annoying texture of straight AND wavy with a whole lot of frizz. I spray this on before I brush and blow dry. I feel that it does a good job detangling but a mediocre job at providing shine (I have to add a different product for more shine). I like the scent of this and feel this is nice for people who are sensitive to scents. Obviously, you need to use a regular conditioner in the shower because this, imo is a very light conditioner. I rate this a 4 because it's a good product for the price. However, I think I when I run out of this, I wil search for a better one.

on 1/9/2010 3:03:00 PM

This is a product I have repurchased several times. I spray this in my very fine/thin hair after I towel dry it, and it combs through easily and looks and feels soft and silky but does not weigh it down. I've tried many many other similar products including expensive salon quality products and still came back to this.

on 3/24/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this product in conjunction with the other products that I used at the same time (Hempz Hydrating Shampoo, Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner, and Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy). I'm not sure how each product works alone, but this combination was like MAGIC for my long, thick, and coarse hair!
I was already using Hempz Hydrating Shampoo and the matching conditioner, but since the conditioner is in a small tube, rather than a bottle, I ran out. I decided to run to Wal-Mart and pick up what seemed like a good conditioner until I could run out to ULTA and pick up more Hempz. I loved the smell of the Silky Sexy Hair Conditioner (smells like a banana split), so I bought it. I also remembered reading on MUA how Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy was great for coarse hair, so I picked it up too. On the way home I remembered that I had run out of my favorite detangler, Sunsilk, so I stopped by Walgreens, but was told by the cashier in the beauty dept. that Sunsilk was discontinuing this product, so I decided to go with VO5 Detangle and Shine.
After trying all of the products together, I was so pleased with all of my choices! My hair is silkier and softer than it has ever been. What a transformation in just one week! I don't know which product made this happen, so I'm crediting them all! I encourage anyone with long, thick, and coarse hair to try this combo. It's worked miracles for my hair!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Overall a great product! I am ALWAYS looking for leave-in's as my hair is finally getting back to normal after years of wear and tear with numerous types of extensions and bleaching/coloring. It is fine, long and color treated so I tend to get split ends and tangles very easy. My hair itself is pretty shiny looking but I wanted a gentle detangler. This does the job nicely without making my hair greased out and limp. The scent lingers but it is pretty nice and fresh smelling. My hair is very soft and smooth feeling after styling - however like others I haven't noticed too much of a difference in the shine department. All in all I like it and would repurchase it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product does work fairly good at detangling the hair and adding some shine to it.

on 8/13/2005 6:02:00 PM

I decided to try this because another reviewer said it was very similar to Ouidad Botanical Boost. I thought it was a very ordinary and average detangler, no better than Suave's Detangling Spray. And the scent is truly gag inducing. I had to look very hard to find this, and I suspect that it has been discontinued and replaced by the Miracle Mist conditioning spray (one of the new products in the red packaging). That's just a guess though.

on 12/8/2003 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff ROCKS!!! My hair gets all coarse and puffy when I blow-dry and this helps keep it smoother and flatter. My hair's looking alot healthier now.

Popular Styling Products