Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I am surprised at the relatively above-average rating for this product because it is CRAP!!! It actually made my hair even more tangled and less shiny!! And worst part of all--it broke out my forehead in all these horrible flesh-colored clogged pores that took forever to get rid of! I hated this and was ready to get rid of it after I discovered all these issues. Sad that this didn't work but it only cost a couple dollars, so I didn't feel to guilty parting ways with this product after all.

This has zero detangling qualities which makes it completely useless. My hair is barely tangles (medium length and semi-thick straight hair) and this cannot get out the tiniest tangle. I tossed it.

on 3/21/2006 12:12:00 PM

Decent product as far as accompanying my Frizz Ease conditioner, but it's nothing special. I grabbed this when I left my HG FE Leave-In at home and it served its purpose but it just can't compare. Oh, well, it's cheap anyway and kept the frizz to a minimum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product when I first bought it, but I think my hormones have changed since then, and it's just not enough for my gnarly hair anymore.

It's great for detangling and adding extra softness to the ends of your hair, but it's not a stand alone conditioner. I still need to use a traditional conditioner in the shower, and then I can use this in addition to that.

on 12/21/2007 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a detangler, this product is just so-so. However, as static-preventer, it's great. I spray it on my damp hair and have noticed a major difference in winter static when I use this. It doesn't last long, though. I wash my hair every other day, and by the 2nd day, the static is back. It works great for that first day, though. On the 2nd day, I use Neutrogena Triple moisture Silk Touch Leavin-in Cream and my hair is great. No more winter frustrations thanks to these two products.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic detangler. It is also a wonderful leave-in conditioner. Highly recommended!

on 10/6/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Awesome product! and affordable! I had issues with my hair getting oily within 1 day of shampooing and now I realize it is because my hair/scalp was dry!! Using this after shampooing, has helped moisturize my hair/scalp so the shampoo's last upto 3 days!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works!! and it's so cheap! don't buy expensive designer brand hair products!
This detangles and does not leave hair feeling oily or greasy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells awesome, is dirt cheap and really does detangle. I like this just as much as Thermasilk's leave-in detangling spray.

on 3/18/2005 6:38:00 PM

I can't remember how many bottles of this stuff I have already gone through, I would venture to say 7 bottles. Anyways, this stuff is good, although I am Asian and I have straight hair, so it's not like I have to fight curlies or anything. But I do have log hair (mid back) and this stuff is great. It makes combing my long hair so easy, even when my hair was down to my back-side. This is an HG hair product for me.