Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by age: 19-24
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.8

honestly, this doesnt do anything, it sure doesnt protect from heat!! it smells good, maybe a litttle bit of shine not really, and as far as detangling..yea right this cant get out the tiniest knot and it does nothing for my damaged hair or frizzies

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Feh. I have curly hair that tangles easily, and this does very little. I have to keep spraying it on, and then, after a good hack or two with my wide-toothed comb, it works. It doesn't prevent breakage at ALL. Just...feh.

I picked this up when I couldn't find my TRESemme leave-in conditioner. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I thought it would work out ok, but it does nothing to moisturize and barely does anything for detangle purposes. I'll finish the bottle but I'll continue the search for my (hopefully not discontinuted) TRESemme leave in.

It does an okay job with detangling and providing shine but the smell is just absolutely awful (it is way too strong for my liking).

I got this on sale for about $2 at Rite-Aid. It is a decent detangler, and made my hair shiny, but I can't stand the smell!! It's this weird fruity-floral thing, a bit hard to describe. For that reason, I don't think I'll buy it again.

i switched to this spray after my dove in the blue bottle was discontinued. it does a very good job in detangling my hair.( my hair is very light blonde, and very dry from being color-treated) also i think the smell is great. however i havent noticed any difference in the shine of my hair. i did not purchase it for that reason. but as for detangling it does an awesome job. best part , not tested on animals!

i love this stuff. it makes my hair soft, which nothing else has been able to accomplish. it smells good and keeps me from having to tug at my wet hair. i'm on my second bottle right now.

on 8/31/2005 12:40:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin that is prone to breakouts. Long, layered and very slightly wavy hair that is fine but has a LOT of volume.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Spray that adds shine and helps detangle hair. Around $3 US at most drugstores. 295 mL/10 fluid ounces.

PACKAGING This product comes in a standard plastic spray bottle. Not particularly chic but it works. If I could make improvements on it, I would add grip or make the shape more ergonomic. I sometimes have a problem with the bottle slipping out of my hands when I use it right after I get out of the shower.

SHINE It adds shine but not a jaw-dropping amount. If I bought this for the shine, I would have been disappointed.

DETANGLING This is what I bought this product for... and it has made me very happy! I was tired of painstakingly applying conditioner evenly throughout my long and voluminous hair and rinsing it off carefully. Sometimes I would be in such a rush that I would forget to rinse it off and I would have to jump back into the shower. If I don't do all of this, I would never be able to comb my hair without pain or a lot of lost hair.

Detangle and Shine has ended all of that. I just spritz it onto my hair and my comb easily runs through. It takes less than a minute to do. I can use it on dry or wet hair too. Even though conditioning used to take me about ten minutes, that's ten minutes every morning when I am just hurrying to get the day started!

TEXTURE OF HAIR This product leaves my hair so soft!

SCENT When I first smelled this product, I didn't get why people were giving it such a bad review. It has a flowery, fruity smell that is slightly reminiscent of hairspray. It does smell synthetic but I liked it. However, I saw what the big fuss was all about when I actually used the product all over my hair. It felt like I was surrounded by some sort of noxious, poisonous gas. Truly gag-inducing. It smelled like thick, musty old-lady perfume.

However, I have learned to live with it. I simply hold my breath, spritz and leave the bathroom immediately. The upside is that the scent dies down when the product dries on my hair and becomes that pleasant floral/fruity aroma that I liked.

OVERALL GREAT product that has cut a lot of time out of my morning routine. Considering how little of the product I use to get the desired effect, it may actually be more economical to use than even the cheapest conditioners. I will definitely repurchase unless I find an even more inexpensive alternative.

I took off one point for the scent though. continued >>

on 3/22/2004 1:58:00 PM

This stuff is great for the price.(got mine on sale for $2.99!!!)It didn't detangle my hair as much as I would have liked,but it added tons of shine!!Plus my hair feels so soft after I use this.Will def.repurchase.(on sale or not)

on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.