Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

Filtered by age: 19-24
Alberto VO5 detangle and shine spray

3.8

on 10/24/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this product. I have very fine long hair and it gets tangled all the time! I decided to try this product out and omg I love it! I've recomended this to everyone i know that has the same problem as me and they love it as well. The only problem I have is i can not find it anywhere. Hope they haven't discontinued this product because I honestly don't think I can find anything better than this.

i switched to this spray after my dove in the blue bottle was discontinued. it does a very good job in detangling my hair.( my hair is very light blonde, and very dry from being color-treated) also i think the smell is great. however i havent noticed any difference in the shine of my hair. i did not purchase it for that reason. but as for detangling it does an awesome job. best part , not tested on animals!

on 3/23/2008 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This makes my hair SUPER soft! I just use a few sprays (3 actually) on my unbrushed towel dry hair, comb through it and wahla when I blow dry it (or let it air dry) it is super soft. It adds a touch of moisture (I use a regular contioner in the shower, as this alone is not enough). I agree with the other reviewer it prevents my hair from being staticy. I like it better than others I have tried (aussie, infusium, other expensive salon brands). I will definitely continue to buy. I like the scent and after it's dry I really have to try hard sniffing it to smell it, so it definitely fades and isn't overpowering.

Walgreens is the only place I have had any luck finding this spray.
continued >>

I need a leave-in product to condition my hair, no matter how moisturizing my rinse-out conditioner is. I need one everyday, even when I don't wash my hair, because my hair is wavy and can get frizzy and unruly. Not only that, when I get ready in the mornings, my hair's a knotty mess. This product loosens those knots, protects my hair from my frequent blw-drying, and has the added benefit of making my hair more breakage resistant over time, and all without build-up. I think it smells great and has plenty of natural ingredients in it. I also think that it comes in a very elegant spray bottle--very pleasing.

My biggest complaint (if you can call it that) is that it is exceedingly hard to find. I think that it's being discontinued, because I can't find it anywhere!

EDIT: Okay, I've finally found this product again, and now I understand what's up with the horrible reviews. THEY REFORMULATED IT!! It is now in a packaging similar to the REDstylers, and their natural ingredients have been replaced with 'cones and the like. I like cones, but I hate spray-ins with so many, because I use other cone-y products and don't want build up. I'll keep the rating as 5 lippies for the old, but the new stuff really stinks.

i love this stuff. it makes my hair soft, which nothing else has been able to accomplish. it smells good and keeps me from having to tug at my wet hair. i'm on my second bottle right now.

honestly, this doesnt do anything, it sure doesnt protect from heat!! it smells good, maybe a litttle bit of shine not really, and as far as detangling..yea right this cant get out the tiniest knot and it does nothing for my damaged hair or frizzies

I picked this up when I couldn't find my TRESemme leave-in conditioner. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I thought it would work out ok, but it does nothing to moisturize and barely does anything for detangle purposes. I'll finish the bottle but I'll continue the search for my (hopefully not discontinuted) TRESemme leave in.

on 8/31/2005 12:40:00 AM

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin that is prone to breakouts. Long, layered and very slightly wavy hair that is fine but has a LOT of volume.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Spray that adds shine and helps detangle hair. Around $3 US at most drugstores. 295 mL/10 fluid ounces.

PACKAGING This product comes in a standard plastic spray bottle. Not particularly chic but it works. If I could make improvements on it, I would add grip or make the shape more ergonomic. I sometimes have a problem with the bottle slipping out of my hands when I use it right after I get out of the shower.

SHINE It adds shine but not a jaw-dropping amount. If I bought this for the shine, I would have been disappointed.

DETANGLING This is what I bought this product for... and it has made me very happy! I was tired of painstakingly applying conditioner evenly throughout my long and voluminous hair and rinsing it off carefully. Sometimes I would be in such a rush that I would forget to rinse it off and I would have to jump back into the shower. If I don't do all of this, I would never be able to comb my hair without pain or a lot of lost hair.

Detangle and Shine has ended all of that. I just spritz it onto my hair and my comb easily runs through. It takes less than a minute to do. I can use it on dry or wet hair too. Even though conditioning used to take me about ten minutes, that's ten minutes every morning when I am just hurrying to get the day started!

TEXTURE OF HAIR This product leaves my hair so soft!

SCENT When I first smelled this product, I didn't get why people were giving it such a bad review. It has a flowery, fruity smell that is slightly reminiscent of hairspray. It does smell synthetic but I liked it. However, I saw what the big fuss was all about when I actually used the product all over my hair. It felt like I was surrounded by some sort of noxious, poisonous gas. Truly gag-inducing. It smelled like thick, musty old-lady perfume.

However, I have learned to live with it. I simply hold my breath, spritz and leave the bathroom immediately. The upside is that the scent dies down when the product dries on my hair and becomes that pleasant floral/fruity aroma that I liked.

OVERALL GREAT product that has cut a lot of time out of my morning routine. Considering how little of the product I use to get the desired effect, it may actually be more economical to use than even the cheapest conditioners. I will definitely repurchase unless I find an even more inexpensive alternative.

I took off one point for the scent though. continued >>

I love this! I'm on my 2nd bottle and it's fabulous. I have long ( couple of inches past shoulders) very wavy virgin brown hair and I like to style it so it's very ripply/wavy. Lots of leave-in conditioners, basically. Anyhow, I wash my hair, put a couple sprays of this all over, toss it around, then add a drop of my dove gel with a drop of garnier smoothing milk, and my hair is SO soft, so smooth, NO frizzies...I'm in love...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Feh. I have curly hair that tangles easily, and this does very little. I have to keep spraying it on, and then, after a good hack or two with my wide-toothed comb, it works. It doesn't prevent breakage at ALL. Just...feh.