Alberto Vo5 detangle and shine spray

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been through several bottles of this product. I use it as a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. You can also use it to get out tangles. Very nice product. I love it!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It dried my hair out, which caused it to tangle more...didn't do it for me at all. It didn't make it soft or managable, I could barely get a comb to go through it. Left it dull, ugh. Would not repurchase.

on 1/16/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product, it's my HG! Here is the full description from the bottle:

VO5 Detangle & Shine: Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner
Get your hair out of its tangle with VO5 Detangle & Shine. This weightless leave-in conditioner protects hair from damage caused by brushing and heat application. The vitamin-enhanced formula delivers moisture, transforming hair from tangled and dry to soft, smooth, and manageable.

I have very fine hair. I started using this product because I was afraid my hair was becoming damaged from brushing and using a hair dryer every day. This spray detangles, conditions, and protects my hair from heat. My friends have commented on how smooth and healthy my hair looks, and I think it's thanks to this product. It gives my hair the protection and conditioning it needs. I've been using this for about two or three years now, and I don't plan to stop.

on 12/29/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've found that all leave-ins work basically the same, so usually I just find whatever is the cheapest. I chose this one because it's one of the few drugstore brands that does not test on animals, and I'm fairly happy with it.
It comes in a red-and-white shiny spray bottle. I mist it all over my hair when I don't want to pull and tug at my hair and it feels particularly tangled, or I spray it directly on a knot. It does a decent job of detangling. I don't notice any extra shine or conditioning, but it delivers what you pay for.
My only real complaint is the smell: it's a hairspray-ish scent that reminds me exactly of Pantene shampoos and conditioners. This is NOT a good thing, because I can't stand the awful ingredients and fillers companies like Pantene use. Furthermore, the scent actually lasts and I'll catch little whiffs of it throughout the day.
This was okay, but I'm not interested in repurchasing.

Love!! Plus, no animal testing!! Smell's a lil funky, but it wears off after a few min.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It provides a lot of protection. One of the best formulated leave-ins I've seen.

But the smell leaves you wondering what went wrong. I actually thought this smelled good at first. Pantene leave in smells good, this smells like a cheap hairspray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great product for only 3 dollars!! I bought it to replace my aveda heat protecting spray and this is the only low end brand product that detangles and adds shine that is a heat protecting spray (read the small writing on the back to see its also a heat spray/most are only for detangling and shine so i had to mention) It has an awesome fruity scent that smells much like herbal escense shampoo... I have thin knotty hair and it detangled my hair like magic, and when i dried it my hair felt soft and looked shiny. Its not as light as the aveda formula so i recommend you spray only a little, or spray it in your hands and run it through your hair or on top so it doesnt weigh it down. You really cant go wrong with this product, id pay much more for it if i had to. Will def buy again and recommend to my friends

on 1/3/2004 10:50:00 AM

This is such a great leave in conditoner. it really detangles and shines and makes your hair alot healthier and stronger. It smells GREAT! I love it. And its only like $4-$5.

on 11/30/2003 3:41:00 PM

I bought this and sprayed it in my hair and blew it dry, and it made my hair poofy and stiff. The smell is kind of weird, not want I want my hair to smell like. I read a good review of it in a magazine, and bought it. It was dissapointing though, I don't know, maybe it just doesnt work for my color-treated, long, thick hair?

I liked this product, but I like the Herbal Essence detangler better.

Popular Styling Products