Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.4

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Edited 5/21/16: it stopped behaving so well after about six weeks. Flakes, a bit of eye irritation, some clumping. Too expensive to replace after six weeks.

Can't believe it took me so long to try this! I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't much higher considering the great word-of-mouth I've noticed. My only complaint is the price, though if it lasts for 4-5 months, I'll forgive it that. I'd been on a drugstore brand hunt and had found a few--especially Illegal Lengths--to do a good job of lengthening and not smudging or running. I seemed to go through it rather rapidly, but my only real complaint was that it seemed to disappear as the day went on, and I would get tiny flakes, but only after 8-10 hours.

For some reason, I wanted to try the Longcils Boncza. Despite the raves, it was a total zero for me. PITA to apply (though that probably would have gotten better with time), nothing special in the look, but the biggie was that any yawn would turn me into Tammy Faye Bakker!

And so to this. Absolutely wonderful! Easy to use, STAYS, doesn't run AT ALL, doesn't flake AT ALL for at least 12 hours--and it's easy to take off with their remover (expensive), or with Maybelline Clean Express (dirt cheap).

I also love that I didn't have to blot the wand before using for the first few weeks. And, oh yes, it holds a curl--all day.

Total WIN!

After reading and hearing so much about Lancme mascaras I thought I'd give it a try, so I purchased this one through Brigette's Boutique for a reasonable price (something like 20 dollars). I was incredibly disappointed.

First of all, I thought there was a problem with my product because it was very very dry. So I went online and after reading some other reviews I saw that this was not my bad luck - that's just how the product is. So it is very dry and because of that incredibly hard to build it up without looking clumpy. It lenghtens ok and separates, but honestly, my Colossal from Maybelline does a better job than that. Oh, and even the Maybelline mascaras come off easier than this one. It is IMPOSSIBLE to take this off and in the effort I lost a lot of lashes.

And the packaging... It NEVER really closes. So it makes even easier to dry out.

So, maybe this is just the waterproof version, but I really hated it. Now I'm back to my Eyeko one, which at the time I bought this Lancome one I couldn't buy because it was out of stock. The Eyeko continues to be the best mascara for me: it lenghtens ans separates and it is sooo black.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I 1st got this product, I lliked it alot. It went on glossy and gave my skimpy lashes volume. The problem is it has dried out after 2 months. I know WP formulas might before others but this is a high priced product and it should have lasted longer. I did get it at an outlet mall so it may have been old even though I had the sales person check it for me. Won't repurchase.

I love this mascara. I love the long handle. It helps me to get into the corners of my eyes very easily. I love the black color. It is truly very black. I love the fact that it really is waterproof. It stays on forever. I do wish, however, that it was a little less expensive. I love, love, love this product!

Hate this stuff! Goes to show how mascara is different on everyone- my coworker uses this and loves it. On me, it clumps like crazy, gives no definition or volume, is difficult to use, expensive, and crusty-looking. The only lippie is for the fact it doesn't smudge or flake, worth something. The spider leg look doesn't do it for me. Just tried Lash Power from Clinique and like it much better...cheaper too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well I had to recant; I did just buy this again. And I have to shout Amen! This is the mascara that has held up to whatever I have made it go through and has made the cut for my son's wedding. I have grilled in it it, fried in it, swam, sweated, cried and it has held my curl and has not flaked or smudged for all day wear. Cannot ask for more. I had to suck a lot of lemons to get to this stage and have bought a lot of mascaras.

The brush however is super scratchy. Like the rollers my mother made me wear--you know the ones if you're sporting a few years: black wires with bristles, scratchy, painful to sleep in--it's why most of our mothers were crabby because they had to sleep sitting up. I digress but you get the picture about the brush on this mascara. I think Lancome took the spoolie from their eyebrow pencil and stuck it on this mascara wand. It does grab all of my lashes but there is not one ounce of plush in sight and I am super scared of poking myself because I could genuinely put my eye out. But no one said there wasn't pain in beauty.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG mascara...I don't even bother to try anything else, as I am always disappointed by comparison. I LOVE everything about this...okay, I would love it more if it didn't cost an arm and a leg. The brush provides a perfect application every time; it goes on without clumping and stays on until I take it off. This mascara really defines my light lashes. I have heard that Definicils is the best selling mascara...I like the waterproof version significantly more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On one of my regular visits to the Lancome counter to purchase Definicils, the lady talked me into trying Hypnose. Big mistake! Definicils, I'm back! Definicils has a great waterproof quality, that doesn't flake easily. It gives the lashes the right amount of definition and volume without looking too fake and clumpy. I won't be swayed again!

Don't know about the waterproof properties of this, but as a mascara, it;s pretty 'nothing'. If you like to look like yr not wearing mascara , this could be for you, but I found it a waste of time and money!

This is truly a waterproof mascara. I caved and bought one after a really wet and humid summer and am so glad I did. Originally I attempted to go cheaper and purchased L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof, which sucked big time (smudged and flaked in humid muggy weather, nevermind that it wasn't even raining). The only issue I have with the Dfinicils waterproof is that it really is hard to remove. I find it doesn't really remove itself smoothly, but rather flakes onto the makeup pad. I only use this under Cils Booster and that makes it a tad easier to get off at night, but I would not wear it as my everday mascara. But for a waterproof, is really is waterproof and flakeproof. The regular Dfinicils is actually pretty water resistant, but I like knowing that I have a little extra insurance in the pouring rain.