Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.7

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love how lengthened my lashes look with this mascara, but I wish it held my curl better. My eyelashes are stick-straight stubby Asian eyelashes so it's very important that the mascara doesn't weigh down my eyelashes. I always use the waterproof formula for better curl hold and this one didn't make the cut. It did what it claimed which is lengthen and separate. I also didn't like how flaky this was as it irritated my eye all day. I don't recommend this mascara to anyone with really sensitive eyes or someone who needs a good curl hold.

After using benefit they're real for a couple of years, I wanted to try a new brand that was better. After a ton of research on reviews from many blogs and websites, I ended up purchasing this one. It's GREAT! I love how it's so easy to apply, doesn't clump, feels light and smooth, and gives a very natural look. The staying power is awesome and doesn't smudge down my eyes at the end of a working day like the benefit brand did. It is also easy to remove. Love it and will repurchase!!!

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

This mascara works well the first few times. It makes your lashes look beautiful however after 5+ uses, I notice the formula gets a little dry and also gets clumpy and especially flakey. It definitely is waterproof as I've worn it through numerous hot yoga classes but I notice the flakiness that falls on my cheeks and at times in my eyes. Not very fun since I'm a contact lenses wearer.

I was not overly impressed with this mascera compared to all of the other high end masceras that I have used before. There was nothing special about it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My previous HG was Prescriptives' mascara and it's been hard to find a suitable replacement but Definicils comes pretty close. I use waterproof mascara because I have oily lids, so I can't speak to its waterproof properties in actual water but I can say this doesn't cause too much in the way of raccoon eyes. It separates nicely and doesn't look too clumpy. I'd say this is a good mascara if you want to look like you have naturally beautiful lashes (which I do) but not if you want Zooey Deschanel in false eyelashes-type volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For those who wear contact lenses, be aware of this product. It sticks on your contacts, clumps, burns non-stop and makes your eyes feel heavy. I personally hated it. I'm not into waterproof products anyway. I recommend touch proof ones and regular lancome mascaras are much better.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- love the container
- very defining
- natural looking
- lengthening
- no smudging at all
- not too hard to remove if you wear thin coats

Cons:
- it's $35 (tax inc) at Sephora...I can definitely find a better mascara for less
- it only comes in black and the black looks like dark grey :/
- not 100% waterproof, but 95% waterproof
- hard to remove if you let it dry and reapply (my sister took 15 minutes to wash it off and 4 lashes fell off)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this after exchanging the regular one for this waterproof one. I really like this one because it stays put and does what it says. It definitely lengthens my lashes and separates them really well. I am very satisfied. NO clumping as well. I think after so many years of searching, Ive found my fave mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lancome definicils is supposed to be the best mascara in the world and I think it comes to close being the best in the world when it comes to the original formula. The waterproof formula doesn't really deliver what the regular does.
I have straight lashes which means I have to curl them and I have to use waterproof mascara or primer to hold my curls all day long.
I used to use hypnose which I LOVED but I got lash greedy and wanted to try something that added length (I really should have stuck with hypnose waterproof).
First off, this formula is probably the driest mascara I have ever tried. My lashes flaked and clumped, the mascara did not go on evenly and I had a really hard time evening out the lashes while applying. I'm also not impressed with that fact that my bottle dried out in about 1.5 months within opening it.
Secondly, performance. It really didn't lengthen (again, I saw more volume and length with my hypnose).
Overall, an O-K mascara. Just don't expect anything much from it.
I'm going back to hypnose waterproof (which goes on clean, smooth and doesn't flake or dry).