Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Edited 5/21/16: it stopped behaving so well after about six weeks. Flakes, a bit of eye irritation, some clumping. Too expensive to replace after six weeks.

Can't believe it took me so long to try this! I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't much higher considering the great word-of-mouth I've noticed. My only complaint is the price, though if it lasts for 4-5 months, I'll forgive it that. I'd been on a drugstore brand hunt and had found a few--especially Illegal Lengths--to do a good job of lengthening and not smudging or running. I seemed to go through it rather rapidly, but my only real complaint was that it seemed to disappear as the day went on, and I would get tiny flakes, but only after 8-10 hours.

For some reason, I wanted to try the Longcils Boncza. Despite the raves, it was a total zero for me. PITA to apply (though that probably would have gotten better with time), nothing special in the look, but the biggie was that any yawn would turn me into Tammy Faye Bakker!

And so to this. Absolutely wonderful! Easy to use, STAYS, doesn't run AT ALL, doesn't flake AT ALL for at least 12 hours--and it's easy to take off with their remover (expensive), or with Maybelline Clean Express (dirt cheap).

I also love that I didn't have to blot the wand before using for the first few weeks. And, oh yes, it holds a curl--all day.

Total WIN!

My HG Mascara!

I've NEVER been able to wear mascara without 'smudging' I've tried masacara's ranging from 3 - 20 but this at 21.50 was a shock - I mean really.. 21.50 on mascara!!! (it looses one lipstick for price!)

BUT it works, it defines, stays in place and doesnt smudge I can go to work and not have panda eyes by midday GREAT!

It does clog up slightly so just wipe the brush if you need and it IS difficult to remove, I use Clinique (purple) eye make up remover and it works well but you'd have no chance with soap and water!

I needed a wedding mascara that lasted the day and I've found it, problem is I'm now addicited and at 21.50 I'm hoping it lasts well!

I love this mascara. I love the long handle. It helps me to get into the corners of my eyes very easily. I love the black color. It is truly very black. I love the fact that it really is waterproof. It stays on forever. I do wish, however, that it was a little less expensive. I love, love, love this product!

As of now, this is my favorite mascara - which is saying something, considering how high maintenance my lashes are. They are short, straight, sparse and prone to shedding. Lancome Definicils, though waterproof, does not damage my lashes. I have found that the best way to apply this mascara is to apply from root of to tip of the lashes, and then to use short, quick strokes to fan and feather lashes. For me, this technique builds both length and volume. I use Lancome Definicils in conjunction with the Shiseido Mascara Base (a must to hold curl) and together, I have the best curl-holding power with no smudging, flaking or drooping at the end of the day.

This mascara is my favorite! It lengths, thickens, and holds my curled lashes! I love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

expensive but worth every penny. i have tried literally all waterproof mascaras on the market (maybelline to shu uemura). this one does not smudge (drug store mascaras smudge, even if w/p), does not clump, and makes the curl stay all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the results I get with this mascara. It holds curl, the brush is REALLY nice and the mascara can be built up if I want a more dramatic look. It can also be worn unlayered for a more natural day look. Why then did I give it a 3? Because it dries out sooo quickly! Much more quickly than other mascaras and at that price, I expect my mascara to last a full 3 months. This mascara is significantly dried out by the 1month mark:(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm a drugstore mascara girl--my current fave is Maybelline's Full and Soft--but I had the opportunity to pick this up cheap at a flea market, so I decided to go for it. Immediately, I liked the thinner-sized tube (can't stand those overly fat mascaras!) and the stiff-bristled brush. The product is a bit on the dry side, but I much prefer that to wet and gloppy. There wasn't too much product on the brush, and it was easy to apply. I definitely noticed a lengthening effect beyond what I've seen with any other mascara, which was great because it made my small eyes look much more open. Also, the product stayed put all day long, absolutely no smudging or flaking. My only slight disappointment was that it left my lashes looking a bit thin and sparse; I guess I'm used to the fullness I get from my everyday mascara, Full and Soft. I will continue to use Definicils for times when I particular want more length, and I've found that I can layer it with my Full and Soft to get both the length and fullness I want. I would repurchase this if I could get it for a discount again, but I would not pay full price.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this, esp with lancomes cils booster, it glides on and creates a dramatic look with 2 coats. it gives my eyes a lift and look more awake because it lengthens and plumps it up. doesnt flake, really is waterproof (wore it to a wedding and passed the cry fest!), i would buy again, but only wear it on weekends and nice outings cause its expensive. i wear loreals voluminous all other days because its just as great. ***update*** this is expensive and for the babe on the budget i just found that max factor 2000 calories waterproof, works just as well as this mascara. it lengthens and thicken just as much.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am always in search of a good waterproof mascara (they are the only ones that tend to hold the curl for straight asian lashes) and this one is great!! If you like a more dramatic lash look, this is the one to get, since the brush does apply a lot of product onto your lashes. The curl in my lashes is set really well with this mascara!