Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.6

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love how lengthened my lashes look with this mascara, but I wish it held my curl better. My eyelashes are stick-straight stubby Asian eyelashes so it's very important that the mascara doesn't weigh down my eyelashes. I always use the waterproof formula for better curl hold and this one didn't make the cut. It did what it claimed which is lengthen and separate. I also didn't like how flaky this was as it irritated my eye all day. I don't recommend this mascara to anyone with really sensitive eyes or someone who needs a good curl hold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Because of my oily lids, watery eyes, and propensity to cry whenever something is the slightest bit touching, I always wear waterproof mascara. This one doesn't budge, but although it does give me the natural, defined look I prefer, I find its application too much of a hassle for the rather dear price.

PROS
- Stays put all day, even when I cry! (I typically don't wear mascara on my lower lashes, so that probably helps.)
- When carefully applied, gives my naturally long, fairly full lashes exactly the subtle drama I want.
- Not too harsh a black for my fair coloring.
- Seems to hold curl well, although I admit that isn't something I have to be too concerned about.
- Dries fairly quickly.
- No flaking.

CONS
- Expensive.
- Clumpy and sticky right out of the tube. I always have to wipe off extra product on a tissue before applying. Every time I skip that step I regret it! Time-consuming and wasteful.
- I find the wand a little tricky to maneuver at the inner corner of my eyes. Often I wind up having to clean up my eyelid afterward.

This mascara's lasting power does make it difficult to remove. I've found that Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover does the job thoroughly, as long as I'm patient. Lancome's Bi-Facil is even better.

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, this mascara is clumpy. Because lengthening mascaras are clumpy. It is, however, a very nice mascara and I use it every day. I put on a coat of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara base, then carefully apply this mascara over that while it's still wet. As long as I go slowly with the application I have zero problems. I generally use one or two coats of this as a base (it holds a curl like nobody's business) and throw on a final coat of a volumizing mascara to finish. I never have any problems with flaking and certainly no irritation with my contacts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Definifils Waterproof in black for years now. It's as good as a waterproof mascara is going to get. Pros: Great brush, gives long almost clump-free lashes, waterproof as all heck and almost flakeproof. Cons: Some days the same tube works better than on other days (don't know why), dries out quickly, can be a tad clumpy if you apply more than 2-3 coats, dryish so it can flake a bit and the price, of course. Also, for some reason it's also hit-or-miss on buying a good tube. Tips: make sure to place brush at very base of lashes and glide slowy from base to tip, let dry in between coats and every once in a while (when too much mascara comes out of tube on the wand), wipe excess off w/ a tissue. Best waterproof mascara on the market now, almost perfect but there is room for slight improvement.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lancome definicils is supposed to be the best mascara in the world and I think it comes to close being the best in the world when it comes to the original formula. The waterproof formula doesn't really deliver what the regular does.
I have straight lashes which means I have to curl them and I have to use waterproof mascara or primer to hold my curls all day long.
I used to use hypnose which I LOVED but I got lash greedy and wanted to try something that added length (I really should have stuck with hypnose waterproof).
First off, this formula is probably the driest mascara I have ever tried. My lashes flaked and clumped, the mascara did not go on evenly and I had a really hard time evening out the lashes while applying. I'm also not impressed with that fact that my bottle dried out in about 1.5 months within opening it.
Secondly, performance. It really didn't lengthen (again, I saw more volume and length with my hypnose).
Overall, an O-K mascara. Just don't expect anything much from it.
I'm going back to hypnose waterproof (which goes on clean, smooth and doesn't flake or dry).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this mascara because so far I cannot find any better. It does the job, but doesn't make the lashes look clean curled, with good lenght and volume added.
CONS It will flake by the end of the day, give me racoon eyes, but not so bad. Hard to take off.
PROS Nice wand, easy to apply.
I will keep searching for a good mascara, I need waterproof for sensitive eyes. Any suggestions?

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this several months ago, it's a good product. But from my own experience, it didn't differ much from Max Factor WP 2000 Calories, Maybelline WP Full & Soft & L'oreal Voluminous WP all in black color. I have straight, Asian eyelashes & apply my mascara using the tip of the brush & swipe it vertically left-right across the lashes after I have curled them (from observing a makeup artist). That way I would less likely to have clumps from happening. Then I recurl & reapply another mascara coat & then recurl.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm a drugstore mascara girl--my current fave is Maybelline's Full and Soft--but I had the opportunity to pick this up cheap at a flea market, so I decided to go for it. Immediately, I liked the thinner-sized tube (can't stand those overly fat mascaras!) and the stiff-bristled brush. The product is a bit on the dry side, but I much prefer that to wet and gloppy. There wasn't too much product on the brush, and it was easy to apply. I definitely noticed a lengthening effect beyond what I've seen with any other mascara, which was great because it made my small eyes look much more open. Also, the product stayed put all day long, absolutely no smudging or flaking. My only slight disappointment was that it left my lashes looking a bit thin and sparse; I guess I'm used to the fullness I get from my everyday mascara, Full and Soft. I will continue to use Definicils for times when I particular want more length, and I've found that I can layer it with my Full and Soft to get both the length and fullness I want. I would repurchase this if I could get it for a discount again, but I would not pay full price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG mascara. This waterproof mascara will not straighten out my just-curled lashes like the "regular" formulas will (only the straight-lashed, curler-using gals will know what I am talking about). Does not "raccoon-eye" (another affliction we oily types have) like other waterproofs do. Virtually clump-free, which is a big problem with waterproof mascaras. Although it dries quickly, I still have enough time to manipulate the lashes before they "set" and the second coat goes on like a dream. No flaking, no smudging....just wont budge. One of the toughest waterproofs to remove but Bi-Facil will melt this stuff off. Both funeral and swimming pool tested...the stuff is truly waterproof! The non-waterproof formula "raccoon-eyes," which is too bad because the GWP trial size would make a great travel companion. This is only second to Aquacils, which has been discontinued. I am still waiting for the day when Lancome will bring it back.