Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Edited 5/21/16: it stopped behaving so well after about six weeks. Flakes, a bit of eye irritation, some clumping. Too expensive to replace after six weeks.

Can't believe it took me so long to try this! I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't much higher considering the great word-of-mouth I've noticed. My only complaint is the price, though if it lasts for 4-5 months, I'll forgive it that. I'd been on a drugstore brand hunt and had found a few--especially Illegal Lengths--to do a good job of lengthening and not smudging or running. I seemed to go through it rather rapidly, but my only real complaint was that it seemed to disappear as the day went on, and I would get tiny flakes, but only after 8-10 hours.

For some reason, I wanted to try the Longcils Boncza. Despite the raves, it was a total zero for me. PITA to apply (though that probably would have gotten better with time), nothing special in the look, but the biggie was that any yawn would turn me into Tammy Faye Bakker!

And so to this. Absolutely wonderful! Easy to use, STAYS, doesn't run AT ALL, doesn't flake AT ALL for at least 12 hours--and it's easy to take off with their remover (expensive), or with Maybelline Clean Express (dirt cheap).

I also love that I didn't have to blot the wand before using for the first few weeks. And, oh yes, it holds a curl--all day.

Total WIN!

I decided to test out this mascara thinking it would be good for everyday use. It holds a curl very well, I have to give the mascara that much. In terms of length and volume, this did nothing besides darken my lashes a bit. It was clumpy and was tricky to work with. I do like how it's a drier formula but that's about it. Very disappointed especially for the price point. I will be exchanging this for something else.

This mascara works well the first few times. It makes your lashes look beautiful however after 5+ uses, I notice the formula gets a little dry and also gets clumpy and especially flakey. It definitely is waterproof as I've worn it through numerous hot yoga classes but I notice the flakiness that falls on my cheeks and at times in my eyes. Not very fun since I'm a contact lenses wearer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, this mascara is clumpy. Because lengthening mascaras are clumpy. It is, however, a very nice mascara and I use it every day. I put on a coat of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara base, then carefully apply this mascara over that while it's still wet. As long as I go slowly with the application I have zero problems. I generally use one or two coats of this as a base (it holds a curl like nobody's business) and throw on a final coat of a volumizing mascara to finish. I never have any problems with flaking and certainly no irritation with my contacts.

After reading and hearing so much about Lancme mascaras I thought I'd give it a try, so I purchased this one through Brigette's Boutique for a reasonable price (something like 20 dollars). I was incredibly disappointed.

First of all, I thought there was a problem with my product because it was very very dry. So I went online and after reading some other reviews I saw that this was not my bad luck - that's just how the product is. So it is very dry and because of that incredibly hard to build it up without looking clumpy. It lenghtens ok and separates, but honestly, my Colossal from Maybelline does a better job than that. Oh, and even the Maybelline mascaras come off easier than this one. It is IMPOSSIBLE to take this off and in the effort I lost a lot of lashes.

And the packaging... It NEVER really closes. So it makes even easier to dry out.

So, maybe this is just the waterproof version, but I really hated it. Now I'm back to my Eyeko one, which at the time I bought this Lancome one I couldn't buy because it was out of stock. The Eyeko continues to be the best mascara for me: it lenghtens ans separates and it is sooo black.

My HG Mascara!

I've NEVER been able to wear mascara without 'smudging' I've tried masacara's ranging from 3 - 20 but this at 21.50 was a shock - I mean really.. 21.50 on mascara!!! (it looses one lipstick for price!)

BUT it works, it defines, stays in place and doesnt smudge I can go to work and not have panda eyes by midday GREAT!

It does clog up slightly so just wipe the brush if you need and it IS difficult to remove, I use Clinique (purple) eye make up remover and it works well but you'd have no chance with soap and water!

I needed a wedding mascara that lasted the day and I've found it, problem is I'm now addicited and at 21.50 I'm hoping it lasts well!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- love the container
- very defining
- natural looking
- lengthening
- no smudging at all
- not too hard to remove if you wear thin coats

Cons:
- it's $35 (tax inc) at Sephora...I can definitely find a better mascara for less
- it only comes in black and the black looks like dark grey :/
- not 100% waterproof, but 95% waterproof
- hard to remove if you let it dry and reapply (my sister took 15 minutes to wash it off and 4 lashes fell off)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this after exchanging the regular one for this waterproof one. I really like this one because it stays put and does what it says. It definitely lengthens my lashes and separates them really well. I am very satisfied. NO clumping as well. I think after so many years of searching, Ive found my fave mascara.

Pros
- Gives some length and volume
- good staying power
- little to no flaking

Cons
- clumps like CRAZY
- the cap of the mascara never fully screws back on.

The clumping itself is what would make me steer clear of this mascara. I do not want clumpy, fake looking eyelashes.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays on a very long time; no doubt that it's waterproof
+Lengthens lashes somewhat, when used with an eyelash curler
+The black is very black, which is a good thing for me

Con's:
-Clumps like crazy and makes my lashes stick together!
-Very hard to take off, even with a waterproof makeup remover
-About 2-3x the price of most other mascara I've tried

I wouldn't recommend this, and am probably not buying it again. It clumps way way way too much and is simply a hassle to apply and remove.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)